GATE Preparation Tips 2019 – How To Prepare For GATE 2019 – Suggested by Toppers
GATE Preparation Tips 2019 are provided here. GATE 2019 Exam will be conducted on February 2019. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2019) is organized by IIT Guwahati. GATE Exam Dates are confirmed now it’s time to start GATE exam preparation. Earlier, we’ve provided GATE Notification 2019 and GATE Exam Preparation tips. Today here we are going to provide GATE Preparation Tips. We were given an idea to prepare GATE 2019 Exam. How to Prepare for GATE Exam is explained below.
Few Steps to Start GATE Preparation
Content in this Article
- know your GATE Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
About GATE Exam 2019
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of the comprehensive exams to test the engineering mathematics, verbal ability and subject on the specific fields for which the students are chosen. This is the national level jointly conducted by the seven IITs and. The students who wanted admissions in M.E/M.Tech should write this exam. since this is the national level exam so the competition is very high.
official website: http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/
Eligibility for GATE Exam
- Qualifying Degree – B.E /B.Tech
- Applicant Type– An applicant who had completed B.E or B.Tech in Engineering and those who are in the final year of such programs with no backlog.
- There is No Age limit.
GATE Preparation Tips 2019
Students should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. GATE exam should be conducted once in every year in February. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation.
Step 1: Know GATE Exam syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided GATE 2019 Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for GATE.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for GATE
We’ve already provided GATE Reference Books for All Branches. You can check our best-recommended books for GATE exam at given link below. The suggested books include Engineering Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Code Subjects.
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
Study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting the good score in the GATE exam. Prepare a study plan for GATE exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare GATE Exam. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare few hours and spend at least 6 hours for GATE exam preparation.
GATE Preparation Plan – Daily Schedule
- 6:00 AM- Wake up and daily works etc.
- 6:30 AM – 9:00 AM- Study/ revise the old subjects. And practice the previous year gate questions and old workbook questions.
- 9:00 AM – 9:15 AM- Breakfast
- 9:15 AM – 1:15 PM- Revision of old subjects and problem solving. Test series also.
- 1:15 AM – 1:30 PM- Power nap+ strong coffee.(to boost concentration)
- 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM- lunch + getting ready for coaching
- 2:00 PM – Leave for coaching
- 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM- in coaching
- 9:30 PM- Return to room
- 9:30 PM – 9:50 PM- Dinner
- 9:50 PM – 11:00 PM- Revise current subject of coaching and solving it’s problems.
- 11:15 PM – Have Sleep
GATE Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months preparation time for GATE exam, You can prepare 4-5 hours per day.
|GATE Preparation Plan for All Branches(Before 3 Months)|
|Engineering Mathematics||1 hr daily|
|General Aptitude||1 hr daily|
|Subject questions||2 hrs. daily|
GATE Exam Preparation Plan for 1 month
If you want to prepare GATE Exam in 1 Month, Yes It is very difficult but not impossible. Still, you can crack GATE exam with 1 month preparation. Prepare daily 6-8 hours and allot the time for each topic separately.
|GATE Preparation Plan for All Branches (Before 1 Month)|
|Engineering Mathematics||2 hrs daily|
|General Aptitude||2 hrs. daily|
|Subject questions||4 hrs. daily|
GATE Exam Preparation Rules
- The student should know the syllabus covered. Since some of the particular topics as syllabus in the particular branch.
- The best source is to refer the past question papers and practice those model papers. When we refer the previous question papers then we automatically know the important topics and type of the questions.
- Select the best reference books that cover all the basic topics of the core.
- Choose the topics that are very important to study first.
- Solve as many problems as possible so that the students will have the practice for GATE exam.
- Motivation and planning in the study are mandatory. For good motivation visit coaching centers and motivate yourself.
- Put small daily targets, weekly targets. Study 3-4 hours daily.
- Revise the subject or topic as many times as possible until you are perfect on that.
- Mark the questions that we feel important or tough.
- Have to improve faith in yourself.
Last Step: Solve Previous Question Papers & Practice Test Papers
We’ve provided GATE previous question papers and mock test papers for GATE 2019 Exam. You can download GATE Question Papers of 2018 & Previous year.
Click here for more information:
- GATE Question Papers 2018 & Previous Year Papers in pdf
- GATE Answer Keys – Download all Previous answer Keys in pdf
Similarly asked Questions about GATE Preparation
This article titled “GATE 2019 Preparation Tips – How To Prepare For GATE – Suggested by Toppers ” gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the GATE exam for all the branches. Additional information like Reference books for GATE, GATE question papers, GATE Answer keys links are also given. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about GATE.