GATE Preparation Tips 2020 – How To Prepare For GATE 2020 – Suggested by Toppers
GATE Preparation Tips 2020 are provided here. GATE 2020 Exam will be conducted on February 2020. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2020) is organized by IIT Guwahati. GATE Examination Dates are confirmed now it’s time to start GATE preparation. Earlier, we’ve provided GATE Notification 2020 and GATE Exam Preparation tips. Today here we are provide GATE Chemistry Preparation Tips. We were given an idea to prepare GATE 2020 Exam. How to Prepare for GATE Exam is explained below.
Content in this Article
Few Steps to Start GATE Preparation
- know your GATE Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
About GATE Exam 2020
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of the comprehensive examinations to test the engineering maths, verbal ability and subject on the specific fields for which the candidates are chosen. This is the national level exam conducted by the 7 IITs and. The students who wanted admissions in M.E/M.Tech should write this examination. since this is the national level exam so the competition is very high.
official website: http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/
Eligibility for GATE Exam
- Qualifying Degree – B.E /B.Tech
- Applicant Type– An applicant who had completed B.E or B.Tech in Engineering and those who are in the final year of such programs with no backlog.
- There is No Age limit.
GATE Preparation Tips 2020
Students should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. GATE exam wll be conducted once in year in Feb. Planning & hard work are very important to face any competitive exams. Below are some of the tips for preparation.
Step 1: Know GATE Exam syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided GATE 2020 Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapters for GATE Exam .
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for GATE
We’ve already provided GATE Reference Books for All Branches. You can check our best-recommended books for GATE examination at given link below in this page. The suggested books include Engineering Maths, General Aptitude & Core Subjects.
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
Study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting the good score in the GATE exam. Prepare a study plan for GATE exam. Make a month wise plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare GATE. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare few hours and spend at least 6 hours for GATE exam preparation.
GATE Preparation Plan – Daily Schedule
- 6:00 AM- Wake up and daily works etc.
- 6:30 AM – 9:00 AM- Study/ revise the old subjects. And practice the previous year gate questions and old workbook questions.
- 9:00 AM – 9:15 AM- Breakfast
- 9:15 AM – 1:15 PM- Revision of old subjects and problem solving. Test series also.
- 1:15 AM – 1:30 PM- Power nap+ strong coffee.(to boost concentration)
- 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM- lunch + getting ready for coaching
- 2:00 PM – Leave for coaching
- 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM- in coaching
- 9:30 PM- Return to room
- 9:30 PM – 9:50 PM- Dinner
- 9:50 PM – 11:00 PM- Revise current subject of coaching and solving it’s problems.
- 11:15 PM – Have Sleep
GATE Preparation Plan for THREE months
If you have 3 months preparation time for GATE examination, You can prepare 4-5 hrs/day.
|GATE Exam Preparation Plan for All Branches(Within 3 Months)|
|Engineering Mathematics||1 hr daily|
|General Aptitude||1 hr daily|
|Subject questions||2 hrs. daily|
GATE Exam Preparation Plan for 1 month
If you want to prepare GATE Exam in 1 Month, Yes It is very difficult but not impossible. Still, you can crack GATE examination with 1 month preparation. Prepare daily 6-8 hours and allot the time for each topic separately.
|GATE Preparation Plan for All Branches (Before 1 Month)|
|Engineering Mathematics||2 hrs daily|
|General Aptitude||2 hrs. daily|
|Subject questions||4 hrs. daily|
GATE Exam Preparation Rules
- The student should know the syllabus covered. Since some of the topics as GATE syllabus in the particular branch.
- The best source is to visit the previous question papers and practice those model question papers. When we refer the previous exam question papers then we automatically know the important topics & type of the questions.
- Select the best books that cover all the basic topics of the core.
- Choose the topics that are very important to study 1st.
- Solve as many problems as possible so that the candidates will have the practice for GATE examination.
- Motivation and planning in the study are mandatory. For good motivation visit coaching institutions and motivate yourself.
- Put daily small targets, weekly targets. Study three-four hours daily.
- Revise the subject/topic as many times as possible until you are perfect on that.
- Mark the important & un important questions.
- Have to improve faith in yourself.
Last Step: Solve Previous Question Papers & Practice Test Papers
We’ve provided GATE previous question papers and mock test papers for GATE 2020 Exam. You can download GATE Question Papers of 2018 & Previous year.
Click here for more information:
- GATE Question Papers 2018 & Previous Year Papers in pdf
- GATE Answer Keys – Download all Previous answer Keys in pdf
Similarly asked Questions about GATE Preparation
This article titled “GATE 2020 Preparation Tips – How To Prepare For GATE – Suggested by Toppers ” gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the GATE exam for all the branches. Additional information like Reference books for GATE, GATE question papers, GATE Answer keys links are also given. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about GATE.