GATE Materials Science Preparation Tips 2019 & GATE XE-C Study Plan
GATE Materials Science Preparation Tips 2019: GATE XE-C:Materials Science Preparation Tips are provided here. GATE 2019 Exam will be conducted on February 2019. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2019) is organized by IIT Guwahati. GATE Exam Dates are confirmed now it’s time to start GATE exam preparation. Earlier, we’ve provided GATE Notification 2019 and GATE Exam Preparation tips. Today here we are going to provide GATE XE-C: Materials Science Preparation Tips. We were given an idea to prepare GATE 2018 Exam. How to Prepare GATE Exam of XE-C: Materials Science subject is explained below.
Content in this Article
Few Steps to Start GATE Preparation
- know your GATE Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
About GATE Exam 2018
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of the comprehensive exams to test the engineering mathematics, verbal ability and subject on the specific fields for which the students are chosen. This is the national level jointly conducted by the seven IITs and. The students who wanted admissions in M.E/M.Tech should write this exam. since this is the national level exam so the competition is very high.
official website: http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/
Eligibility for GATE Materials Science Exam
- Qualifying Degree – B.E /B.Tech
- Applicant Type– An applicant who had completed B.E or B. Tech in Engineering and those who are in the final year of such programs with no backlog.
- There is No Age limit.
Students should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for this exam. GATE exam should be conducted once in every year in February. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation.
GATE XE-C: Materials Science Preparation Tips
Mechanical engineering is the branch of engineering that involves design, production, and operation of machinery. The material science principles to design, analyze, manufacture and maintain mechanical systems. The core areas in mechanical engineering are mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, material science, structural analysis, and electricity. Students have to follow the syllabus, without knowing the syllabus there is no use to study. Make sure that you can cover all the topics in the syllabus.
Step 1: Know GATE Exam syllabus – Materials Science
In the previous article, we’ve provided GATE Materials Science (XE-C) Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for GATE Materials Science.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for GATE
We’ve already provided GATE Reference Books for Materials Science. You can check our best-recommended books for GATE Materials Science at given link below. The suggested books include Engineering Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Code Subject i.e Materials Science.
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
The study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting the good score in the GATE exam. Prepare a study plan for GATE XE-C: Materials Science. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare GATE Exam. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare few hours and spend at least 6 hours for GATE exam preparation.
GATE Exam Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months preparation time for GATE exam, You can prepare 4-5 hours per day.
|GATE Preparation Plan for Materials Science (Before 3 Months)|
|Engineering Mathematics||1 hr daily|
|General Aptitude||1 hr daily|
|Subject questions||2 hrs. daily|
GATE Exam Preparation Plan for 1 month
If you want to prepare GATE Exam in 1 Month, Yes It is very difficult but not impossible. Still, you can crack GATE exam with 1 month preparation. Prepare daily 6-8 hours and allot the time for each topic separately.
|GATE Preparation Plan for Materials Science (Before 1 Month)|
|Engineering Mathematics||2 hrs daily|
|General Aptitude||2 hrs. daily|
|Subject questions||4 hrs. daily|
GATE exam preparation tips for XE-C students:
- The student should know the syllabus covered. Since some of the particular topics as syllabus in the particular branch.
- The best source is to refer the past question papers and practice those model papers. When we refer the previous question papers then we automatically know the important topics and type of the questions.
- Select the best reference books that cover all the basic topics of the core.
- Choose the topics that are very important to study first.
- Solve as many problems as possible so that the students will have the practice for GATE exam.
- Motivation and planning in the study are mandatory. For good motivation visit coaching centers and motivate yourself.
- Put small daily targets, weekly targets. Study 3-4 hours daily.
- Revise the subject or topic as many times as possible until you are perfect on that.
- Mark the questions that we feel important or tough.
- Have to improve faith in yourself.
Last Step: Solve Previous Question Papers & Practice Test Papers
We’ve provided GATE previous question papers and mock test papers for GATE 2018 Exam. You can download GATE XE-C: Materials Science Question Papers of 2017 & Previous year.
Click here for more information:
- GATE XE-C: Materials Science Question Paper 2018 & Previous
- GATE XE-C: Materials Science Answer Key 2018 & Previous
This article gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the GATE exam not only for Materials Science but also for all the branches. Reference books in Materials Science for GATE are also given. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam.