B.Ed Course Details: Check out the B.Ed Course Details. Get B.Ed Course Details which includes Admission, Eligibility for the Course, Duration, B.Ed Course Fee, Syllabus and more. B.Ed. full forms is Bachelor of Education stands for an undergraduate academic course. Earlier it was known as Bachelor of Training (BT) B.Ed कोर्स विवरण. It is a course offered for those who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching and related fields.
The B.Ed. degree course is mandatory for teaching in higher primary schools and high schools. National Council for Teacher Education is a statutory body that regulates courses in teaching in India. The B.Ed. degree is mandatory for teaching in higher primary schools and high schools. Check out B.Ed Admission Notification.
B.Ed Course Details
|Full form||Bachelor of Education|
|Eligibility||Any Degree/ Graduation|
|Fee||Total Fee of Rs. 20,000-25,000|
|Course Type||Regular mode / Distance mode|
|Starting salary offered|
|Employment opportunities||Teaching field, Lecturer Jobs, Training Faculty|
Content in this Article
Subjects or Topics studied in B.Ed.
- Education, Culture and Human Values
- Educational Evaluation and Assessment
- Educational Psychology
- Guidance and Counselling
- Holistic Education
- Philosophy of Education
- The minimum qualification required for entry into B.Ed. course is Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) form a recognised board/university with at least 50% marks.
- Students required to appear in an entrance test conducted by the various states and Independent educational bodies and universities for admission in various teaching institutions attached to it according to the rank of the candidate in the entrance exam.
- These exams are generally held in the month of June-July and consist of Objective type questions about English, General Knowledge, Aptitude, Basic Arithmetic Teaching Potential and one local language in some states. The results of these exams are generally out by July/Aug. Candidates go through practical training courses, apart from theory classes. Know more about B.Ed. Entrance Test
B.Ed. Syllabus & Subjects
Syllabus of Bachelor of Education as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Paper-I Philosophical and Sociological Basis of Education|
|2||Paper-II The Learner – Nature and Development|
|3||Paper-III Teaching–Learning Process|
|4||Paper-IV (PART-A) School Management
(PART-B) Computer Education
|5||Paper-V (PART-A) Guidance and Counselling-
(PART-B) Any One of the following options:(i) School Library Services
(ii) Comparative Education
(iii) Adult and Continuing Education
(iv) Health and Physical Education
(v) Education of Children with special needs
(vi) Population Education
(vii) Distance Education and Open Learning
(viii) Environmental Education
(xi) Yoga Education
(x) Value Education
(xi) Educational Technology
(xii) Elementary Education
(xiii) Women Education & Indian Society
(xiv) Co-Curricular Activities in Schools
(xv) E-Education Resource Development
PAPERS-VI & VII: Methodology of Teaching of any two of the following:
|1||Teaching of English||12||Teaching of Life Science|
|2||Teaching of Hindi||13||Teaching of Physical Science|
|3||Teaching of Punjabi||14||Teaching of Home Science|
|4||Teaching of Sanskrit||15||The teaching of Fine Arts|
|5||Teaching of History||16||Teaching of Music|
|6||Teaching of Geography||17||The teaching of Physical Education|
|7||Teaching of Economics||18||Teaching of Agriculture|
|8||The teaching of Social Studies||19||The teaching of Computer Education|
|9||Teaching of Commerce||20||The teaching of Political Science|
|10||Teaching of Mathematics||21||The teaching of Public Administration|
|11||Teaching of Science||22||Teaching of Sociology|
(a) B.Ed. course (through Correspondence) is spread over two years, wherein Theory Papers I, II, III, IV (a & b) and Practical Components II & III shall be covered in B.Ed. Part-I; and
(b) Theory Papers V (a & b), VI and VII and Practical Components I & IV shall be covered in B.Ed. Part-II.
A. There shall be four components of practical work. The distribution of the practical work shall be as under:
|I||School Experience Programme||60+60=120||40+40=80||200 (For two teaching subjects)|
|II||Simple Expressional Competencies||30||20||50|
|III||Health & Sports Programme||30||20||50|
|IV||A. Work Experience Programme
B. Co-curricular, Culture & Community Activities
The University may appoint the Co-ordinator in the interest of academics in the Colleges of Education.
B.Ed. Colleges List
- Annamalai University, Cuddalore
- Amity Institute of Education, New Delhi
- Bangalore University, Bangalore
- Indira Gandhi National Open University – IGNOU, Delhi
- Panjab University – PU, Chandigarh
How is B.Ed? Is course Beneficial?
- B.Ed. course makes an individual, skilled in the efficient teaching of subjects based on accepted principles of learning and teaching.
- It develops our skills and widens our understanding so that we can impart quality education to our students.
- Teaching provides job satisfaction, job security, high earnings and flexible schedule.
- After B.Ed., students can pursue a Master in Education (M.Ed.) in Indian universities.
Average Salary offered to B.Ed Candidates in Private & Govt Sector
B.Ed Course Details: For B.Ed candidates, While compared to Government Schools, private schools are paying a handsome amount to their teaching staff to retain the highly efficient teaching staff. The approximate figures for salary pay given in below tabular form.
|Level||Government School||Private School|
|Experienced Level||Rs 15,000/- to Rs 50,000/- per month||Rs 25,000/- to Rs 60,000/- per month|
|Entering Level||Rs 5,000/- per month||Rs 8,000/- to Rs 10,000/- per month|
|Year of Experience||Average Annual Salary after B.Ed|
|0-1 years||Rs 1.5 lakh|
|2-4 years||Rs 2.5 lakh|
|5-9 years||Rs 3 lakh|
|10 and more||Rs 4 lakh|
B.Ed. Employment opportunities
- Home Tuitions,
- Private Tuitions,
- Coaching Centres,
- Education Consultancies,
- Education Departments,
- Publishing Houses,
- Research and Development Agencies,
- Schools& Colleges
B.Ed. Course Job Types
- Assistant Dean
- Content Writer,
- Education Researcher
- Military Trainer
- Syllabus Designer
Advance Course in B.Ed.
After completing B.Ed. you can become:
B.Ed Similar Courses
B.Ed. (Biological Sciences)
B.Ed. (Business Studies)
B.Ed. (Child Development)
B.Ed. (Computer Science)
B.Ed. (Education of Handicapped)
B.Ed. (Home Science)
B.Ed. (Information Technology)
B.Ed. (Natural Science)
B.Ed. (Physical Science)
B.Ed. (Social Science)
B.Ed. (Special Education – Locomotor and Neurological Disorder)
B.Ed. (Special Education)
B.Ed. (Special Education) (Learning Disability)
B.Ed. (Special Education) (Mental Retardation)
B.Ed. (Special Education) (Visually Impaired)
Distance Mode Admission for B.Ed
B.Ed Course Details: The minimum duration for B. Ed. through distance mode is for two years; however, the maximum duration is of five years. The candidates should have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate in the undergraduate program in any discipline or 55% in the postgraduate program. Along with this, the candidates should have trained in-service teachers in elementary education Or candidates should have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode.
The selection process is through an entrance exam usually conducted in the month of September every year.