Career after 12th class in India is a critical decision that can shape a student’s future. After completing 12th class, students have a plethora of options to choose from based on their interests, skills, and stream. In this article, we will discuss various career options after 12th class in India and their scope.
Career After 12th in India 2023
Content in this Article
After completing 12th class in India, there are several career options available for students. The choice of career largely depends on the stream a student has pursued in 12th class. Here are some popular career options after 12th class in India:
- Engineering: Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Computer Science, Electronics, Aeronautical, etc.
- Medical: MBBS, Dental, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, etc.
- Management: BBA, BMS, BHM, Event Management, etc.
- Law: LLB, BA LLB, BBA LLB, LLM, etc.
- Arts/Humanities: BA, BFA, Mass Communication, Journalism, Fashion Designing, etc.
- Commerce: BCom, BAF, BFM, BBI, etc.
- Science: BSc, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Environmental Science, etc.
- Hospitality and Tourism: Hotel Management, Tourism, etc.
- Animation and Multimedia: 3D Animation, VFX, Graphic Designing, etc.
- Education: Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
- Defence Services: Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, etc.
- Architecture: Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- Social Work: Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Language and Literature: Bachelor of Arts in Literature, Linguistics, etc.
- Fine Arts: Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
- Sports and Physical Education: Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed)
- Aviation: Commercial Pilot License (CPL)
- Information Technology: Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Paramedical: Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology, Operation Theatre Technology, Radiology Technology, etc.
- Interior Designing: Bachelor of Interior Designing (BID)
- Trending Careers in India 2023 – Top Courses, High Demand Professions, Salary
- Polytechnic Courses after 10th 2023– Eligibility, Admission, Top Colleges, Fee
- Diploma Courses after 10th in 2023 – Top Colleges, Eligibility, Admission Process
- Career After 12th in India 2023 – Best Career Options after 10+2 & Salary
- Career After 10th Class in India 2023 – Career Options, How to Choose, Salary
These are just a few examples of the career fields and courses available after 12th in India. There are many more options available depending on your interests and academic background. It is important to research different options and choose a career path that aligns with your interests and skills.
Engineering Career After 12th
Engineering is a popular choice for science students after 12th class. Students can opt for various branches such as Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, etc. and can pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Top engineering colleges in India include IITs, NITs, BITS Pilani, Vellore Institute of Technology, and many more.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Electronics and Communication, etc.
Medical and Healthcare Career After 12th
Students interested in the medical field can pursue courses such as MBBS, BDS, B.Pharm, Nursing, etc. after 12th class. These courses offer a wide range of career opportunities in hospitals, clinics, research institutions, etc. Top medical colleges in India include AIIMS Delhi, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Maulana Azad Medical College, etc.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Nursing
Management and Business Career After 12th
Students can pursue courses such as BBA, B.Com, and MBA after 12th class. These courses prepare students for careers in management, finance, accounting, human resources, etc. Top colleges for management and business courses include IIMs, XLRI, SP Jain Institute of Management, etc.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Law Career After 12th
Students interested in the legal profession can pursue courses such as LLB, BA LLB, and BBA LLB after 12th class. These courses prepare students for careers in law firms, judiciary, public sector, etc. Top law colleges in India include National Law School of India University, NALSAR University of Law, National Law University, Delhi, etc.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (BA LLB)
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws (BBA LLB)
Creative Fields Career After 12th
Students interested in the creative fields can pursue courses such as Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Bachelor of Design (B.Des), and Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC) after 12th class. These courses offer career opportunities in advertising, media, fashion, film-making, etc.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC)
ITI, Diploma, Polytechnic Career After 12th
Students can opt for vocational courses such as ITI courses, Polytechnic courses, and Diploma courses after 12th class. These courses prepare students for careers in fields such as engineering, hospitality, fashion, beauty, etc.
- Industrial Training Institute (ITI) Courses in various trades such as Electrician, Mechanic, Welding, etc.
- Diploma Courses in various fields such as Engineering, Fashion Design, Beauty and Wellness, etc.
- Polytechnic Courses in various fields such as Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, etc.
Defence Services After 12th
Students can also opt for careers in the defence services by appearing for exams such as NDA, CDS, and AFCAT after 12th class.
- National Defence Academy (NDA) Exam for Army, Navy, and Air Force
- Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam for Army, Navy, and Air Force
- Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) for Air Force
How to choose best career option after 10+2
Choosing the right career path after 10+2 is a crucial decision that can shape your future. Here are some tips on how to choose a better career option after 10+2 in India:
- Assess your interests and skills: The first step in choosing a career path is to understand your interests and skills. Identify your strengths and weaknesses and think about what you enjoy doing. This can help you narrow down your options and choose a career that aligns with your interests.
- Research different career options: Once you have identified your interests and skills, research different career options that match them. Look for information on job roles, work environments, salary, and growth prospects. This can give you a better understanding of the career options available to you and help you make an informed decision.
- Consider your academic background: Your academic background can also influence your career choices. For instance, if you have a background in science, you may consider careers in engineering or healthcare. Similarly, if you have a background in commerce, you may consider careers in finance or business.
- Seek guidance: Seek guidance from career counselors, teachers, and industry experts. They can provide valuable insights into different career options and help you make a more informed decision.
- Gain practical experience: Gaining practical experience in your field of interest can help you make a more informed decision. Look for internships, part-time jobs, or volunteer opportunities that can give you exposure to different career paths.
- Keep an open mind: Keep an open mind and be willing to explore different options. Don’t limit yourself to a specific career path based on preconceived notions or stereotypes. Be open to new opportunities and keep your options open.
What are the popular career options after 12th class?
Popular career options after 12th class include engineering, medical and healthcare, management and business, law, creative fields, vocational trades, and defence services.
Which are the top colleges for engineering in India?
The top engineering colleges in India include Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), BITS Pilani, Vellore Institute of Technology, etc.
What are the popular courses in the medical field after 12th class?
Popular courses in the medical field after 12th class include MBBS, BDS, B.Pharm, Nursing, etc.
What are the popular courses in the management and business field after 12th class?
Popular courses in the management and business field after 12th class include BBA, B.Com, and MBA.
How important is career guidance after 12th class?
Career guidance after 12th class is crucial for students to make informed decisions about their future. It helps them to explore their interests, skills, and aptitude and choose a career path that suits them the best.
Choosing a better career option after 10+2 in India requires a combination of self-assessment, research, guidance, practical experience, and an open mind. By following these tips, you can make an informed decision that aligns with your interests, skills, and aspirations.