GATE Civil Engineering Preparation Tips are provided here. GATE 2021 Exam will be conducted in February 2021. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2021) is organized by IIT Guwahati. GATE Examination Dates are confirmed now it’s time to start GATE preparation (गेट सिविल इंजीनियरिंग तैयारी टिप्स). Earlier, we’ve provided GATE Notification 2021 and GATE Exam Preparation tips. Today here we are going to provide GATE CE: Civil Engineering Preparation Tips were given an idea to prepare the GATE 2021 Exam. How to Prepare GATE Exam of CE: Civil Engineering subject is explained below.
Few Steps to Start GATE Preparation
Content in this Article
- know your GATE Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
About GATE Exam 2021
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of the comprehensive exams to test the engineering mathematics, verbal ability & subject on the particular fields for which the candidates are chosen. This is the national level exam conducted by the 7 IITs and. The students who wanted admissions in Polymer Science and Engineering or M.Tech should write this examination. since this is the national level exam so the competition is very high.
official website: http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/
Eligibility for GATE Civil Exam
- Qualifying Degree – B.E /B.Tech
- Applicant Type– An applicant who had completed B.E or B.Tech in Engg and those who are in the final year of such programs with no backlog.
- There is No Age limit.
Students should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for this exam. The GATE exam will be conducted once in a year in Feb. Planning & hard work are very important to face any competitive exams. Below are some of the tips for preparation.
GATE Civil Engineering Preparation Tips
GATE Civil engineering preparation tips: Civil engineering deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. It is arguably the oldest engineering discipline. Civil engineers design/build/supervise/operate, and maintain construction projects & systems in the public and private sector, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and systems for water supply and sewage treatment. Many civil engineers are work in design, construction, research & education. There are important core subjects in this branch. Every core subject basics are asked in the GATE exam.
Step 1: Know GATE Exam syllabus – Civil Engineering
In the previous article, we’ve provided GATE Civil Engineering (CE) Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for GATE Civil Engineering.
Check – GATE Civil Engineering Syllabus
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for GATE CE
We’ve already provided GATE Reference Books for Civil Engineering. You can check our best-recommended textbooks for GATE ECE at the given link below on this page. The suggested books include Engineering Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Code Subject i.e Civil Engineering.
Check: GATE Civil Engineering Reference Books
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
The study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays one of the key roles in the success of getting good marks in the GATE exam. Prepare a study plan for GATE CY: Chemistry. Make a month-wise plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare GATE Examination. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 6 hours for GATE exam preparation.
GATE Exam Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the GATE exam, you can prepare 4-5 hours per day.
|GATE Exam Preparation Plan for Civil Engineering (Within 3 Months)|
|Engineering Mathematics||1 hr daily|
|General Aptitude||1 hr daily|
|Subject questions||2 hrs. daily|
GATE Exam Preparation Plan for 1 month
If you want to prepare the GATE Exam in 1 Month, Yes It is very difficult but not impossible. Still, you can crack the GATE examination with ONE-month preparation. Prepare daily 6-8 hours and allot the time for each topic separately.
|GATE Preparation Plan for Civil Engineering (Before 1 Month)|
|Engineering Mathematics||2 hrs daily|
|General Aptitude||2 hrs. daily|
|Subject questions||4 hrs. daily|
GATE exam preparation tips for CE students:
- The student should know the syllabus covered. Since some of the topics as GATE syllabus in the particular branch.
- The best source is to visit the previous question papers and practice those model question papers. When we refer to the previous exam question papers then we automatically know the important topics & type of the questions.
- Select the best books that cover all the basic topics of the core.
- Choose the topics that are very important to study 1st.
- Solve as many problems as possible so that the candidates will have the practice for the GATE examination.
- Motivation and planning in the study are mandatory. For good motivation visit coaching institutions and motivate yourself.
- Put daily small targets, weekly targets. Study three-four hours daily.
- Revise the subject/topic as many times as possible until you are perfect on that.
- Mark the important & unimportant questions.
- Have to improve faith in yourself.
Last Step: Solve Previous Question Papers & Practice Test Papers
GATE Civil engineering preparation tips: We’ve provided GATE previous question papers and mock test papers for the GATE 2020 Exam. You can download GATE CE: Civil Engineering Question Papers of 2018 & Previous year.
Check: GATE Civil Engineering Question Papers
and also check: GATE Civil Engineering Answer Keys
This article gives detailed information regarding the GATE Civil engineering preparation tips examination not only for Civil Engg but also for all the branches (गेट सिविल इंजीनियरिंग की तैयारी). Reference text books in Civil engineering for GATE are also given. Candidates should follow those preparation tips and prepare well for the exam.
I need some pdf of books for the preparation of GATE, can you please provide me on my email id