GATE XE-D: Solid Mechanics Preparation Tips are provided here. GATE 2020 Exam will be conducted in February 2020. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2020) is organized by IIT Guwahati. GATE Examination Dates are confirmed now it’s time to start GATE preparation. Earlier, we’ve provided GATE Notification 2020 and GATE Exam Preparation tips. Today here we are going to provide GATE XE-D: Solid Mechanics Preparation Tips. We were given an idea to prepare GATE 2020 Exam. How to Prepare GATE Exam of XE-D: Solid Mechanics subject is explained below.
Content in this Article
Few Steps to Start GATE Preparation
- know your GATE Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
About GATE Exam 2020
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of the comprehensive exams to test the engineering mathematics, verbal ability and subject on the specific fields for which the candidates are chosen. This is the national level exam conducted by the 7 IITs and. The students who wanted admissions in M.E/M.Tech should write this examination. since this is the national level exam so the competition is very high.
official website: http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/
Eligibility for GATE Solid Mechanics Exam
- Qualifying Degree – B.E /B.Tech
- Applicant Type– An applicant who had completed B.E or B.Tech in Engineering and those who are in the final year of such programs with no backlog.
- There is No Age limit.
Students should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for this exam. GGATE exam wll be conducted once in year in Feb. Planning & hard work are very important to face any competitive exams. Below are some of the tips for preparation.
GATE XE- D: Solid Mechanics Preparation Tips
Solid mechanics is the branch of continuum mechanics that studies the behavior of solid materials, especially their motion & deformation under the action of forces, temp changes, phase changes, and other external or internal agents. It is the Study of effect of forces on deformable/real world objects. Principles of Solid Mechanics are widely applied in design & analysis of machine components & structures. This subject contains marks weightage of 6 – 7 in GATE Mechanical Engineering & Civil Engineering.
Step 1: Know GATE Exam syllabus – Solid Mechanics
In the previous article, we’ve provided GATE Mechanical Engineering (ME) Syllabus. You can search and find what are the applicable topics & chapters for GATE Solid Mechanics
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for GATE
We’ve already provided GATE Reference Books for Solid Mechanics. You can check our best-recommended text books for GATE Solid Mechanics at given link below. The suggested books include Engineering Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Code Subject i.e Solid Mechanics.
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
The study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a one of the key role in the success of getting the good score in the GATE examination. Prepare a study plan for GATE XE-D: Solid Mechanics. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare GATE Exam. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare few hours and spend at least 6 hours for GATE exam preparation.
GATE Exam Preparation Plan for THREE months
If you have 3 months preparation time for GATE examination, You can prepare 4-5 hrs/ day.
|GATE Exam Preparation Plan for Solid Mechanics (Within 3 Months)|
|Engineering Mathematics||1 hr daily|
|General Aptitude||1 hr daily|
|Subject questions||2 hrs. daily|
GATE Exam Preparation Plan for 1 month
If you want to prepare GATE Exam in 1 Month, Yes It is very difficult but not impossible. Still, you can crack GATE examination with 1 month preparation. Prepare daily 6-8 hrs and allot the time for each topic separately.
|GATE Preparation Plan for Solid Mechanics (Before 1 Month)|
|Engineering Mathematics||2 hrs daily|
|General Aptitude||2 hrs. daily|
|Subject questions||4 hrs. daily|
GATE exam preparation tips for XE-D students:
- The student should know the syllabus covered. Since some of the topics as GATE syllabus in the particular branch.
- The best source is to visit the previous question papers and practice those model question papers. When we refer the previous exam question papers then we automatically know the important topics & type of the questions.
- Select the best books that cover all the basic topics of the core.
- Choose the topics that are very important to study 1st.
- Solve as many problems as possible so that the candidates will have the practice for GATE examination.
- Motivation and planning in the study are mandatory. For good motivation visit coaching institutions and motivate yourself.
- Put daily small targets, weekly targets. Study three-four hours daily.
- Revise the subject/topic as many times as possible until you are perfect on that.
- Mark the important & un important questions.
- Have to improve faith in yourself.
Last Step: Solve Previous Question Papers & Practice Test Papers
We’ve provided GATE previous question papers and mock test papers for GATE 2019 Exam. You can download GATE Solid Mechanics Question Papers of 2017 & Previous year.
Click here for more information:
- GATE XE-D: Solid Mechanics Question Paper 2020 & Previous
- GATE XE-D: Solid Mechanics Answer Key 2020 & Previous
This article gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the GATE exam not only for Solid Mechanics but also for all the branches. Reference text books in Solid Mechanics for GATE are also given. Candidates should follow those tips and prepare well for the examination.