Check out the concept of CS Course Details- Fee, Eligibility, Duration, Job & Salary. Here we have provided the complete information about CS Course Fees, Eligibility for CS course, CS Job Opportunities and Salary of CS Course.
A company secretary is a senior position in a private sector company or public sector organization. As CS can be Classified as three Categories for Certification on CS Foundation, CS Executive, and CS Professional Programme.
To Chose the profession in Company Secretary you should complete these 3 stages. There will be regular examinations which are conducted by the Specified institutes all over India. Then you can be awarded the certification in CS Course
CS Full Form is company secretary
ICSI Full Form is Institute of Company Secretaries of India
Also, Read the following concepts for more information on course details.
- CA Inter Course details – Registration, Eligibility, Fee, Syllabus
- CA Foundation Course details – Registration, Eligibility, Fee, Syllabus.
Content in this Article
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is a statutory professional body in India with the objective of promoting, regulating and developing the profession of Company Secretaries in India. In 1960 the Company Law Board started a course in Company Secretaryship leading to the award of Government Diploma in Company Secretaryship. As the increment of students in course Company Secretaryship courses grew, the Government promoted on 4th October 1968 Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
CS Course Details
|Full form||Company Secretary|
|Fee Offered for CS||
|Starting salary||Rs 3 lakhs to Rs 5 lakhs per annum|
|Similar Course||CA, CMA|
|Employment opportunities||Assistance to the Board of Directors, Legal Advisor, Corporate Policymaker, Principal Secretary|
Certification procedure for CS Course
The Three categories Courses have the examination will be Conducted ICSI Council and the application form will be available through out the year online by ICSI Web site. The Application form fee is Rs 200/- through cash payment. The students will have to enroll themselves with the ICSI for the information on the entrance exam etc..,
NOTE: The Exam for the Foundation course is held in the months of December and June every year. The candidates have to register with the ICSI before 9 months earlier to the exam. The Foundation examination should be qualified within the time limit of 3 years from the period of admission.
CS Course Eligibility
The Eligibility for the CS Foundation Program is one that should Be Cleared in (10 +2) or Equivalent.
Last date for submission of application for appearing in the CS Foundation Program examination
- 31 st March Appearing December in the same year. (with late fee of Rs. 250/- until 9th April)
- 30th September for the June next year (with late fee of Rs. 250/- Until 10th October)
The Eligibility for CS Executive can be pursued only after clearing the Foundation Program or any Graduation with any Background of Specialization. The Candidate Should not under the Age of 17.
The Important Dates for the CS Executive Exams
- 28th February for appearing in both modules in December Exams in the same year
- 31st May for appearing in single module in December Examination in the same year
- 31st August for appearing in both modules in June Exam in the next year
- 30th November for appearing in a single module in June Examination in the next year.
The Eligibility for CS Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course. The examination is conducted twice a year in June and December.
Last date for submission of application for appearing in the CS Professional Programme examination
- 25th March (with late fee of Rs. 250/- until 9th April)
- 25th September (with late fee of Rs. 250/- Until 10th October)
CS Course Fee Structure
The CS Course Fee Structure as given below.
- The Admission Fee is Rs. 1200
- The Tuition Fee is Rs. 2400
- The Total Fees for CS Foundation Programme is Rs.3600
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 1500
- The Foundation Examination Exemption Fee is Rs. 500
- The Tuition Fee is Rs. 5000
- The Total Fees for CS Executive Programme is RS. 7000
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 1500
- The Exemption from Foundation Examination Fee = Rs. 500
- The Exemption from the Executive Programme Examination Fee is Rs. 500
- The Tuition Fee is Rs. 9500
- The Total Fees for CS Professional Programme is 12000
The Examination Form Fee is listed below
- Foundation Programme is Rs. 875
- Executive Programme Per Module is Rs. 900
- Professional Programme Per Module is Rs. 750
CS Course Duration
Foundation Programme: The Course Duration of the CS Foundation Programme is 8 Months.
The Course Completion should be passed within the time limit of 3 years from the period of admission.
Executive Programme: The Course Duration of the CS Executive Programme is 9 months.
Professional Programme: The Course Duration of CS Professional Programme is 10 months.
For more information on Cs Course Eligibility and Qualification Click Here CS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Syllabus of Concepts in CS Course
The following Links are the Syllabus for CS Foundation and CS Executive Course which is followed in examinations.
The Job Opportunities For CS Course
- Foreign Collaborations and Joint Ventures
- Legal, Secretarial and Corporate Governance
- Project Planning
- Capital Market and Investor Relations
- Corporate Advisory Services
- Corporate Restructuring
CS Course Certificate Holder Can Become
- Assistant Manager
- Bank and building societies
- Employer’s cooperatives
- Housing Associations
- Insurance companies
- Investment sectors
- Trade bodies
Earnings of the CS Certificate holder
A Fresher can earn per month starting salary can be anywhere between Rs. 28,000 and Rs. 40,000. As Experience increases the income also increases depending on his skills and talent.
Hope this article gives you complete information on the concept of CS Course Details- Fee, Eligibility, Duration, Job & Salary. To Clarify any kind of doubts You can contact us via comment box. You can visit or subscribe to our website for the latest updates on course details.