Check out the latest UPSC Mains Oriya Syllabus 2021. Oriya subject is one of the optional papers in the UPSC IAS Mains Exam. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Mains Syllabus, Now we are providing UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus of Oriya Paper. There is only “ONE” optional subject to choose from the list of optional subjects which are given below. It comprises of two papers each of 250 marks. So, the optional paper has a total 500 marks. In UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam, Oriya is one of the Optional Subjects and consists of 2 papers. Each paper is of 250 marks with a total of 500 marks. Find below the UPSC Syllabus for Oriya Optional Subject.
Also Check: UPSC Mains Optional Subjects List
Content in this Article
UPSC Oriya Syllabus
UPSC Mains Part B – Optional Subjects
Subject: Oriya Main Examination Syllabus
Download UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus in Pdf
UPSC Mains Oriya Syllabus Paper 1 Syllabus
|UPSC Mains Oriya Syllabus Paper 2|
UPSC Mains Oriya Syllabus PAPER – I
History of Oriya Language
(1) Origin and development of Oriya Language-Influence of Austric, Dravidian, Perso-Arabic and English on Oriya Language.
(2) Phonetics and Phonemics : Vowels, Consonants Principles of changes in Oriya sounds.
(3) Morphology : Morphemes (free, bound compound and complex), derivational and inflectional affixes, case inflection, conjugation of verb.
(4) Syntax : Kinds of sentences and their transformation, structure of sentences.
(5) Semantics-Different types of change in meaning Euphemism.
(6) Common errors in spellings, grammatical uses and construction of sentences.
(7) Regional variations in Oriya Language (Western, Southern and Northern Oriya) and Dialects (Bhatri and Desia)
Also, Read Other Articles
|UPSC Notification 2021||UPSC Prelims Syllabus|
|UPSC Prelims Question Papers|
History of Oriya Literature
(1) Historical backgrounds (social, cultural and political) of Oriya Literature of different periods.
(2) Ancient epics, ornate kavyas and padavalis.
(3) Typical structural forms of Oriya Literature (Koili, Chautisa, Poi, Chaupadi, Champu).
(4) Modern trends in poetry, drama short story, novel, essay and literary criticism.
UPSC Mains Oriya Syllabus PAPER – II
(Answers must be written in Oriya)
Critical Study of texts – The paper will require first hand reading of the text and test the critical ability of the candidate.
Poetry : (Ancient)
- Sarala Das-Shanti Parva from Mahabharãta.
- Jaganath Das-Bhagabate, XI Skandha-Jadu Avadhuta Sambada. (Medieval)
- Dinãkrushna Das-Rasakallola- (Chhãndas-16 & 34)
- Upendra Bhanja-Lãvanyabati (Chhandas-1 & 2) (Modern)
- Radhanath Ray-Chandrabhaga
- Mayadhar Manasinha-Jeevan Chita
- Satchidananda Routray-Kabita- 1962
- Ramakanta Ratha-Saptama Ritu.
- Manoranjan Das-Katha-Ghoda
- Bijay Mishra-Tata Niranjanã Novel :
- Fakir Mohan Senãpati-Chhamãna Athaguntha
- Gopinãth Mohanty-Danapani Short Story :
- Surendra Mohanty-Maralara Mrityu
- Manoj Das-Laxmira Abhisara Essay :
- Chittaranjan Das-Taranga O Tadit (First five essays).
- Chandra Sekhar Rath-Mun Satyadhãrma Kahuchhi (First five essays)
Also, Check Other Optional Subject’s Syllabus
UPSC Main Examination Part B – Optional Subjects
|Agriculture Main Syllabus||Assamese Main Syllabus|
In this website, We’ve provided UPSC Oriya Syllabus in pdf, UPSC Mains Oriya Previous Question Papers (Last 5 years), and how to prepare UPSC / IAS / Civil Services Mains Oriya Paper. Still, have any issues and queries regarding UPSC Oriya Subject, you can drop a comment below.