Check out UPSC Mains Geology Reference Books 2019 for Civil Services / IAS / IPS / IES exams. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Notification 2019 and UPSC Mains Geology Question Papers 2019. Now we are providing UPSC Mains Geology books for reference. Here we suggested famous IAS books with author and publication name for UPSC 2019 exam. Following are the Geology books are in Hindi medium and English. In our next article, we’ll provide UPSC Mains Geology Notes in pdf. Given Books are useful for IFS (Indian Forest Services) Exam also.
Also Check :
- UPSC Mains Geology Syllabus 2019
- UPSC Mains Geology Previous Question Papers [2019, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013]
- UPSC Prelims Syllabus & Topics 2019 – IAS Prelims Exam Pattern
Content in this Article
IAS Mains Geology Exam Date 2019
IAS Mains Exam Update 2019: The Civil Services IAS Mains Exam will be held on 3rd June 2019. The Exam will be in two sessions, the morning session will be held between 9 AM and 12 PM while the evening sessions will be held between 12 PM and 5 PM.
UPSC IAS Mains Geology Exam 2019 will be held on 3rd June 2019
For more details about UPSC Exam Schedule, Date & Time
UPSC Mains Geology Reference Books 2019
- A Dictionary of Geology – Morrison – Buy from Amazon.in
- Geology: An Introduction – Kronaris and Krambine
- Geomorphology – Woolridge or Tharnbury
- Igneous Rocks and Metamorphic Petrology – Turner – Buy from Amazon.in
- Mineral and Crystal Science – V.C. Jesh
- Ocean – Squaredrop, Johnson and Bliming
- Petrography – Williams – Buy from Amazon.in
- Principles of Petrology – G.W. Turrel
- Sedimentary Rocks – Petti John
- Simple Geological Structure – Plate and Charlincr
- Soil Mineralogy – I. E. Grim
- Text Book of Geology – P.K. Mukherjee – Buy from Amazon.in
- Text Book of Physical Geology – Mahapatra – Buy from Amazon.in
- Underground Hydrology – David Keith Toad
About Geology Subject in UPSC Mains Exam
Geology is the study of Earth. It explains the structure of the Earth beneath its surface and the processes that have shaped that structure. Geology involves studying the materials that make up the earth, the features and structures found on Earth as well as the processes that act upon them.
Why UPSC Reference Books / Suggested Books are Important
UPSC Reference Books can provide general background information (facts, definitions, dates, details), assistance in focusing your topic, quick access to important factual and statistical information, and references to other sources of information. It is therefore a good place to begin your research. Reference materials for UPSC IAS / IFS / IPS / IES Exams include almanacs, handbooks, encyclopedias, and dictionaries. To Prepare, UPSC Exams students should refer some suggested books by toppers. We’ve provided few recommended books for IAS Preparation. These are books suggested by IAS Toppers.
View & Get complete set of Reference Books for IAS Mains Geology subject 2019. We’ve provided the list of recommended books for IAS Mains Geology Paper. Share this article “UPSC Mains Geology Reference Books 2019 – IAS / IPS / IES” to other UPSC IAS / IES / IFS Aspirants and help them to crack UPSC Exams.