Check out the latest UPSC Mains Dogri Syllabus 2021. Dogri subject is one of the optional papers in the UPSC IAS Mains Exam. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Mains Syllabus, Now we are providing UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus of Dogri Paper. There is only “ONE” optional subject to choose from the list of optional subjects which are given below. It comprises of two papers each of 250 marks. So, the optional paper has a total 500 marks. In UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam, Dogri is one of the Optional Subjects and consists of 2 papers. Each paper is of 250 marks with a total of 500 marks. Find below the UPSC Syllabus for Dogri Optional Subject.
Also Check: UPSC Mains Optional Subjects List
Content in this Article
UPSC Dogri Syllabus
UPSC Mains Part B – Optional Subjects,
Subject: Dogri Main Examination Syllabus
Download UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus in Pdf
UPSC Mains Dogri Syllabus Paper 1
|UPSC Mains Dogri Syllabus Paper 2|
UPSC Mains Dogri Syllabus PAPER – I
History of Dogri Language and Literature (Answers must be written in Dogri)
(History of Dogri Language)
- Dogri language: Origin and development through different stages.
- Linguistic boundaries of Dogri and its dialects.
- Characteristic features of Dogri language.
- Structure of Dogri Language :
(a) Sound Structure: Segmental: Vowels and Consonants Non-Segmental: Length, Stress, Nasalization, Tone and Juncture.
(b) Morphology of Dogri :
(i) Inflection Categories: Gender, Number, Case, Person, Tense and Voice.
(ii) Word Formation: use of prefixes, infixes and suffixes.
(iii) Vocabulary: Tatsam, tadbhav, foreign and regional.
(c) Sentence Structure: Major Sentence – types and their constituents, agreement, and Concord in Dogri syntax.
- Dogri Language and Scripts : Dogre/Dogra Akkhar, Devanagari and Persian.
Also, Read Other Articles
|UPSC Notification 2021||UPSC Prelims Syllabus|
|UPSC Prelims Question Papers|
(History of Dogri Literature)
- A brief account of Pre-independence Dogri Literature: Poetry & Prose.
- Development of modern Dogri Poetry and main trends in Dogri Poetry.
- Dogri Development of short-story, main trends & prominent short-story writers.
- Development of Dogri Novel, main trends & contribution of Dogri Novelists.
- Dogri Drama Development & contribution of prominent Playwrights.
- Dogri Development of Prose : Essays, Memoirs & Travelogues.
- An introduction to Dogri Folk literature
– Folk songs, Folktales & Ballads.
UPSC Mains Dogri Syllabus PAPER – II
Textual Criticism of Dogri Literature (Answers must be written in Dogri)
- Azadi Paihle Di Dogri Kavita. The following poets: Devi Ditta, Lakkhu, Ganga Ram, Ramdhan, Hardutt, Pahari Gandhi Baba Kanshi Ram & Permanand Almost.
- Modern Dogri Poetry Azadi Bad Di Dogri Kavita The following poets: Kishan Smailpuri, Tara Smailpuri, Mohan Lal Sapolia, Yash Sharma, K.S. Madhukar, Padma Sachdev, Jitendra Udhampuri, Charan Singh and Prakash Premi.
- Sheeraza Dogri Number 102, Ghazal Ank.
The following poets: Ram Lal Sharma, Ved Pal Deep, N.D. Jamwal, Shiv Ram Deep, Ashwini Magotra and Virendra Kesar.
- Sheeraza Dogri Number 147, Ghazal Ank The following poets: R.N. Shastri, Jitendra Udhampuri, Champa Sharma and Darshan Darshi.
- Ramayan (Epic) by Shambhu Nath Sharma (up to Ayodhya Kand)
- Veer Gulab (Khand Kavya) by Dinoo Bhai Pant.
- Ajakani Dogri Kahani The following short story writers : Madan Mohan Sharma, Narendra Khajuria and B.P. Sathe.
- Ajakani Dogri Kahani Part-II The following Short Story writters : Ved Rahi, Narsingh Dev Jamwal, Om Goswami, Chhattrapal, Lalit Magotra, Chaman Arora and Ratan Kesar.
- Khatha Kunj Bhag II The following Story writters : Om Vidyarthi, Champa Sharma and Krishan Sharma
- Meel Patthar (collection of short stories) by Bandhu Sharma
- Kaiddi (Novel) by Desh Bandhu Dogra Nutan
- Nanga Rukkh (Novel) by O.P. Sharma Sarathi.
- Nayaan (Drama) by Mohan Singh.
- Satrang (A collection of one act plays) The following pay wrights : Vishwa Nath Khajuria, Ram Nath Shastri, Jitendra Sharma, Lalit Magotra and Madan Mohan Sharma.
- Dogri Lalit Nibandh The following authors : Vishwa Nath Khajuria, Narayan Mishra, Balkrishan Shastri, Shiv Nath, Shyam Lal Sharma, Lakshmi Narayan, D.C. Prashant, Ved Ghai, Kunwar Viyogi.
Also, Check Other Optional Subject’s Syllabus
UPSC Main Examination Part B – Optional Subjects
|Agriculture Main Syllabus||Assamese Main Syllabus|
In this website, We’ve provided UPSC Dogri Syllabus in pdf, UPSC Mains Dogri Previous Question Papers (Last 5 years), and how to prepare UPSC / IAS / Civil Services Mains Dogri Paper. Still, have any issues and queries regarding UPSC Dogri Subject, you can drop a comment below.