Check out the latest UPSC Mains Kannada Syllabus 2022. Kannada subject is one of the optional papers in UPSC IAS Mains Exam. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Mains Syllabus, Now we are providing UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus for Kannada Paper. There is only “ONE” optional subject to choose from the list of optional subjects which are given below. It comprises of two papers each of 250 marks. So, the optional paper has a total 500 marks. In UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam, Kannada is one of the Optional Subjects and consists of 2 papers. Each paper is of 250 marks with a total of 500 marks. Find below the UPSC Syllabus for Kannada Optional Subject.
Also Check: UPSC Mains Optional Subjects List
Content in this Article
UPSC Kannada Syllabus
UPSC Mains Part B – Optional Subjects
Subject: Kannada Main Examination Syllabus
Download UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus in Pdf
UPSC Mains Kannada Syllabus Paper 1
|UPSC Mains Kannada Syllabus Paper 2|
UPSC Mains Kannada Syllabus PAPER – I
A. History of Kannada Language What is Language? General characteristics of Language.
Dialects of Kannada Language: Regional and Social Various aspects of the development of Kannada Language: phonological and Semantic changes. Language borrowing.
Also, Read Other Articles
|UPSC Notification 2022||UPSC Prelims Syllabus|
|UPSC Prelims Question Papers|
B. History of Kannada Literature Ancient Kannada literature: Influence and Trends.
Poets for study: Specified poets from Pampa to Ratnakara Varni are to be studied in the light of contents, form, and expression: Pampa, Janna, Nagachandra.
Medieval Kannada literature: Influence and Trends.
Vachana literature : Basavanna, Akka Mahadevi.
Medieval Poets : Harihara, Raghavanka, Kumar-Vyasa.
Dasa literature: Purandra and Kanaka.
C. Modern Kannada literature:
Influence, trends, and ideologies, Navodaya, Pragatishila, Navya, Dalita and Bandaya.
A. Poetics and literary criticism :
Definition and concepts of poetry: Word, Meaning, Alankara, Reeti, Rasa, Dhwani, Auchitya. Interpretations of Rasa Sutra. Modern Trends of literary criticism: Formalist, Historical, Marxist, Feminist, Post-colonial criticism.
B. Cultural History of Karnataka Contribution of Dynasties to the culture of Karnataka :
Chalukyas of Badami and Kalyani, Rashtrakutas, Hoysalas, Vijayanagara rulers, in a literary context. Major religions of Karnataka and their cultural contributions. Arts of Karnataka: Sculpture, Architecture, Painting, Music, Dance-in the literary context. Unification of Karnataka and its impact on Kannada literature.
UPSC Mains Kannada Syllabus PAPER – II
(Answers must be written in Kannada) The paper will require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the critical ability of the candidates.
A. OLD KANNADA LITERATURE
- Vikramaarjuna Vijaya of Pampa (cantos 12 & 13), (Mysore University Pub.)
- Vaddaraadhane (Sukumaraswamyia Kathe, Vidyutchorana Kathe)
B. Medieval Kannada Literature :
- Vachana Kammata, Ed: K. Marulasiddappa K.R. Nagaraj (Bangalore University Pub.)
- Janapriya Kanakasamputa, Ed. D. Javare Gowda (Kannada and Culture Directorate, Bangalore)
- Nambiyannana Ragale, Ed., T.N. Sreekantaiah (Ta.Vem. Smaraka Grantha Male, Mysore)
- Kumaravyasa Bharata : Karna Parva (Mysore University)
- Bharatesha Vaibhava Sangraha Ed. Ta. Su. Shama Rao (Mysore University)
A. Modern Kannada Literature
- Poetry : Hosagannada Kavite, Ed : G.H. Nayak (Kannada Saahitya Parishattu, Bangalore)
- Novel : Bettada Jeeva-Shivarama Karanta Madhavi-Arupama Niranjana Odalaala-Devanuru Mahadeva
- Short Story : Kannada Sanna Kathegalu, Ed. G.H. Nayak (Sahitya Academy, New Delhi).
- Drama : Shudra Tapaswi-Kuvempu. Tughlak-Girish Karnad.
- Vichara Saahitya : Devaru-A.N. Moorty Rao (Pub : D.V.K. Moorty, Mysore.)
B. Folk Literature :
- Janapada Swaroopa-Dr. H.M. Nayak. (Ta. Vem. Smaraka Grantha Male, Mysore.)
- Janapada Geetaanjali-Ed.D. Javare Gowda. (Pub : Sahitya Academy, New Delhi.)
- Kannada Janapada Kathegalu-Ed. J.S. Paramashivaiah, (Mysore University.)
- Beedi Makkalu Beledo. Ed. Kalegowda Nagavara (Pub : Bangalore University.)
- Savirada Ogatugalu-Ed : S.G. Imrapura.
Also, Check Other Optional Subject’s Syllabus
UPSC Main Examination Part B – Optional Subjects
|Agriculture Main Syllabus||Assamese Main Syllabus|
In this website, We’ve provided UPSC Kannada Syllabus in pdf, UPSC Mains Kannada Previous Question Papers (Last 5 years), and how to prepare UPSC / IAS / Civil Services Mains Kannada Paper. Still, have any issues and queries regarding UPSC Kannada Subject, you can drop a comment below.