Check out the UPSC Age Limit for 2021 Civil Services Exams(or any other Services). Union Public Service Commission clearly mentioned the upper age limit for the Civil Services Exam (CSE), Forest Services Exam, Engineering Services exam and Services examinations. In the present structure, the age criteria for the candidate is between 21 and 32 years of age to be eligible for the UPSC exam.
Also Check: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
UPSC Age Limit for IAS IFS IES
UPSC Maximum Age Limit
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|Other Backwards Castes (OBC)||32 Years with the relaxation of 03 years = 35 years|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||32 Years with the relaxation of 05 Years = 37 years|
|Physically disabled candidates (Blind, Deaf-Mute, Orthopedic)||32 years with relaxation of 10 years = 42 years|
|Jammu & Kashmir Domicile||General = 37 years,|
OBC = 40 Years, SC/ST = 42 Years, PH = 50 years
|Disabled servicemen disabled from duty||General= 37 years,|
OBC = 38 Years,
SC/ST = 40 Years
UPSC Age Criteria
The detailed UPSC Exam Age limit & Relaxation of Age Limit for UPSC Exams have been provided here.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years(Twenty-one) and must not have attained the age of 32 years on August 1st of the year of exam.
- For OBC the upper age limit is 35, and for SC and ST the limit is (37) thirty-seven years.
- The minimum age limit for candidates is 21 years
- The maximum age limit is 32 years.
- The upper age limit is further relaxed by (5) Five years and 3 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC categories respectively.
- up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically
|UPSC Age Limit & UPSC Attempt Limit|
|Age 32||Age 35||Age 37||Age 42||Additional 5 years|
|6 attempts||9 attempts||Unlimited attempts||9 attempts||Depend upon category|
|General & Creamy OBC||Non-creamy OBC||SC / ST||Physically Handicapped (Gen / OBC)||J&k and Ex-serviceman|
Relaxation of Age Limit:
- maximum of (5) five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State
of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1 st Jan 1980 to the 31st day of
- maximum of (3) three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel, disabled in
operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof;
- maximum of (5) five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned
Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least (5) five years Military Service and have been released;
(a) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be
completed within 1 year otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency; or
(b) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service; or
(c) on invalided