UPSC Nepali Syllabus 2018 – IAS Mains Optional Subjects
Check out the latest UPSC Mains Nepali Syllabus 2018. Nepali subject is one of the optional papers in UPSC IAS Mains Exam. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Mains Syllabus, Now we are providing UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus of Nepali Paper. There is only “ONE” optional subject to choose from the list of optional subjects which are given below. It comprises of two papers each of 250 marks. So, the optional paper has total 500 marks. In UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam, Nepali is one of the Optional Subjects and consists of 2 papers. Each paper is of 250 marks with a total of 500 marks. Find below the UPSC Syllabus for Nepali Optional Subject.
Also Check : UPSC Mains Optional Subjects List
Content in this Article
UPSC Nepali Syllabus
UPSC Mains Part B – Optional Subjects
Subject : Nepali Main Examination Syllabus
Download UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus in Pdf
UPSC Mains Nepali Syllabus Paper 1
|UPSC Mains Nepali Syllabus Paper 2|
UPSC Mains Nepali Syllabus PAPER – I
(Answers must be written in Nepali)
- History of the origin and development of Nepali as one of the new Indo-Aryan Languages
- Fundamentals of Nepali Grammar and phonology: (i) Nominal forms and categories :- Gender, Number, Case, Adjectives, Pronouns, Avyayas
(ii) Verbal forms and categories- Tense, Aspects, Voice, Roots and Fixes
(iii) Nepali Swara and Vyanjana;
- Major Dialects of Nepali
- Standardisation and Modernisation of Nepali with special reference to language movements (viz. Halanta Bahiskar, Jharrovad etc.)
- Teaching of Nepali language in India-Its history and development with special reference to its sociocultural aspects.
Also, Read Other Articles
|UPSC Notification 2018||UPSC Prelims Syllabus|
|UPSC Prelims Question Papers|
- History of Nepali literature with special reference to its development in India.
- Fundamental concepts and theories of literature : Kavya/Sahitya, Kavya Prayojan, Literary genres, Shabda Shakti, Rasa, Alankara, Tragedy, Comedy, Aesthetics, Stylistics.
- Major literary trends and movements- Swachchhandatavad, Yatharthavad, Astitwavad, Ayamik Movement, Contemporary Nepali writings, Postmodernism.
- Nepali folklores (the following folkform only)- Sawai, Jhyaurey, Selo, Sangini, Lahari.
UPSC Mains Nepali Syllabus PAPER – II
(Answers must be written in Nepali)
This paper will require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed below and questions will be designed to test the candidate’s critical acumen.
- Santa Jnandil Das-Udaya Lahari
- Lekhnath Poudyal-Tarun Tapasi (Vishrams III, V, VI, XII, XV, XVIII only),
- Agam Singh Giri-Jaleko Pratibimba : Royeko Pratidhwani (The following poems only-rasawako Chichy-ahatsanga Byunjheko Ek Raat, Chhorolai, Jaleko Pratibimba : Royeko Prati-dhwani, Hamro Akashmani Pani Hunchha Ujyalo, Tihar).
- Haribhakta Katuwal-Yo Zindagi Khai Ke Zindagi : (The following poems only – Jeevan : Ek Dristi, Yo Zindagi Khai Ke Zindagi, Akashka tara Ke Tara, Hamilai Nirdho Nasamjha, Khai Manyata Yahan Atmahutiko Balidan Ko).
- Balkrishna Sama-Prahlad
- Manbahadur Mukhia-Andhyaroma Banchneharu (The following One- Act plays only-‘Andhyaroma Banchneharu’, ‘Suskera’).
- Indra Sundas-Sahara
- Lilbahadur Chhetri-Brahmaputrako Chheuchhau
- Rupnarayan Sinha-Katha Navaratna (The following stories only-Biteka Kura, Jimmewari Kasko, Dhanamatiko Cinema-Swapna, Vidhwasta Jeevan).
- Indrabahadur Rai-Vipana Katipaya (The following stories only- Raatbhari Huri Chalyo, Jayamaya Aphumatra Lekha-pani Aipugi, Bhagi, Ghosh Babu, Chhutyaiyo).
- Sanu Lama-Katha Sampad (The following stories only-Swasni Manchhey, Khani Tarma Ekdin, Phurbale Gaun Chhadyo, Asinapo Manchhey).
- Laxmi Prasad Devkota-Laxmi Nibandha Sangraha (The following essays only-Sri Ganeshaya Namah, Nepali Sahityako Itihasma Sarvashrestha Purus, Kalpana, Kala Ra Jeevan, Gadha Buddhiman Ki Guru).
- Ramkrishna Sharma-Das Gorkha (The following essays only-Kavi, Samaj Ra Sahitya, Sahityama Sapekshata, Sahityik Ruchiko Praudhata, Nepali Sahityako Pragati).
Also, Check Other Optional Subject’s Syllabus
UPSC Main Examination Part B – Optional Subjects
|Agriculture Main Syllabus||Assamese Main Syllabus|
In this website, We’ve provided UPSC Nepali Syllabus in pdf, UPSC Mains Nepali Previous Question Papers (Last 5 years), and how to prepare UPSC / IAS / Civil Services Mains Nepali Paper. Still, have any issues and queries regarding UPSC Nepali Subject, you can drop a comment below.