Check out UPSC Mains Sociology Reference Books 2023 for Civil Services / IAS / IPS / IES exams. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Notification 2022 and UPSC Mains Sociology Question Papers 2021, 2020, 2019. Now we are providing UPSC Mains Sociology books for reference. Here we suggested famous IAS books with author and publication name for UPSC 2022 exam. The following are the Sociology books are in Hindi medium and English. In our next article, we’ll provide UPSC Mains Sociology Notes in pdf.
Also Check :
- UPSC Mains Sociology Syllabus
- UPSC Mains Sociology Previous Question Papers [2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013]
- UPSC Prelims Syllabus & Topics – IAS Prelims Exam Pattern
IAS Mains Sociology Exam Date 2023
Content in this Article
IAS Mains Exam Update 2022: The Civil Services IAS Mains Exam will be held in September 2022. The Exam will be in two sessions, the morning session will be held between 9 AM and 12 PM while the evening sessions will be held between 12 PM and 5 PM.
UPSC IAS Mains Sociology Exam 2022 will be held on 16th September 2022.
For more details about UPSC Exam Schedule, Date & Time
UPSC Mains Sociology Reference Books 2023
- Abrahamson Mark, Urban Sociology, Prentice-Hall Inc, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1980 – Buy from Amazon.in
- Andreas Hess, Concept of Social Stratification, European and American Models, Palgrave, Houndmills, NY , 2001
- Bottomore. T.B. Sociology: A GFuide of problem and Literature Allen and Unwin, London – 1972.
- Cuff, Sharrock, and Francis, Perrspective in Sociology, Routledge, NY 1995
- D.K.S. Roy, Social Development and the Empowerment of Mariginalised Groups: Perspectives and Strategies, Sage, New Delhi- 2001 – Buy from Amazon.in
- Etzioni, Amitali, Modern Organization, Prentice Hall, NY, 1995
- Giddens, Anthony, Capitalisation and Modern Social Theory, University Press Cambridge, 1971
- Hamilton , Malcom, B. The Sociology of Religion, Routledge, London , 1995. – Buy from Amazon.in
- Haralombos, M, and Heald, R,M. Sociology: Themes and Perspectives, Oxford. Delhi – 1980.
- Haris C. C., The Sociology Enterprises: A Disscussion of Fundamental Concept, St. Martin Press Inc., New York, 1980 – Buy from Amazon.in
- Harris C.C., The Family, Allen and Unwin, London – 1977
- Herton and Hunt, Sociology, Mcgraw- Hill International, Singapore 1984
- Randall Collins, Theoretical Sociology, Harcourt Brace and Company, Florida, 1996.
- Smelser, N.J.The Sociology of Economic Life, Prentice Hall, New Delhi – 1988.
- Williams, Malcom, Science and Social Science: An Introduction, Routledge, London , 2000.
- Wilson John, Introduction to Social Movements, Basic Books, NY , 1998. – Buy from Amazon.in
- Beteille Andre Sociology, Oxford, New Delhi – 2002 – Buy from Amazon.in
- Beteille Andre, Essay in Contemporary Sociology, Oxford, Delhi – 1987.
- Beteille Andre, Social Inequality of Indian Penguine, London, 1978.
- Beteille Andre, The idea of Natural, Inequality and other Essays, Oxford, Delhi – 1987.
- Chandrani and Chandrani, Essay in Rural Sociology, Rawat, Jaipur -2000.
- Desai, Neera, and Krishnaraj, Women and Society in India,New Delhi – 1990.
- Gallenter Masrc, Competing, Inequalities, Oxford, NY 1998.
- Gupta, Dipasnkar, Interrogating Caste, Penguine, New Delhi – 2000. – Buy from Amazon.in
- Joshi, P C Sociol Science and Development: Quest for Relevence, Hasr-Anand Publication, Delhi 1995.
- Mandelbaum, David, Society in India, University of California, Press Berkreley, 1970
- Shah A M Family in Contempory India, Orient Longman, New Delhi – 2001.
- Sharma K L (ed) Sociolo Inequilities in Indian , Profiles of Caste Class, Power and Sociol Mobility, Rawat, Jaipur 1945.
- Singer Milton and Cohen B S Structure and chasnge in Indian Society, Weener Grin Foundation for Anthropological Research 1968.
- Singh Yogender Cultural Change in India, Rawat, Jaipur, 2002.
- Singh Yogender, Modernization of Indian Tradition, Thompson Press, New Delhi – 1973.
- Srinivas and Shah, The Myth of the self sufficiency of the Indian Village, The Economic weekly, 12:1375-1378
- Srinivas M N Social Change in Modern India, Berkeley,University of California Press 1966.
- Srivnivas M N Caste in Modern India and Other Essays, Asia Publishing House, Bombay -1962
- Unnithan T K , Indra Dev and Singh, Y, (eds) Towards a Sociology of Culture in India, Prentice Hall, new Delhi – 1965.
Reference Books for Objective Types
- Chapters from a good book on Demography and Urban geography (Can consult Geography Text for this)
- Cultural Anthropology -Madan and Majumdar
- Dhilion Guide.
- Harlambus – Introduction to Sociology
- IGNOU Material
- Modernisation of Indian Tradition – Y. Singh
- Oxford Dictionary / Collins
- Political System – Smelser.
- Social Anthropology – Madan & Majumdar.
- Social Demography – Asha & Bandhi.
- Sociology – Horton and Hunt – Buy from Amazon.in
- Sociology – Sachideva & Vidhya Bushan.
- Sociology – T.B. Bottomore.
- Sociology Dictionary – William P. Scott. – Buy from Amazon.in
- Sociology Themes & Perspectives – Moralambose & R M Heald.
- Spectrum Guide.
- Tribal India – L.P. Vidhyarthi
- Unique Guide.
Reference Books for Subjective Types
- Abraham and Francis – Sociological theory – Buy from Amazon.in
- Caste its 20th Century Avatar – M N Srinivas – Buy from Amazon.in
- IGNOU notes (especially for thinkers and topic on Indian system)
- L.P. Vidhyarthi – Tribal India
- Niel J Smelser for Economy and Society
- participation as freedom – Amartya Sen and Jean Dreze – Buy from Amazon.in
- Ram Ahuja: Social problems in India
- Ram Ahuja: Society in India – Buy from Amazon.in
- Y. Singh – Modernisation of Indian Tradition
- Y. Singh – Social Change in India
- Y. Singh – Social tradition in India
- Yojana (Independence day special 2001 on population)
About Sociology Subject in UPSC Mains Exam
UPSC Mains Sociology is a study of social beings. It is a social science that uses various methods of empirical investigation and critical analysis to develop a body of knowledge about social order, acceptance, and change. Many sociologists aim to conduct research that may be applied directly to social policy and welfare, while others focus primarily on refining the theoretical understanding of social processes. Subject matter ranges from the micro-sociology level of individual agency and interaction to the macro level of systems and the social structure.
Why UPSC Reference Books / Suggested Books are Important
UPSC Reference Books can provide general background information (facts, definitions, dates, details), assistance in focusing your topic, quick access to important factual and statistical information, and references to other sources of information. It is, therefore, a good place to begin your research. Reference materials for UPSC IAS / IFS / IPS / IES Exams include almanacs, handbooks, encyclopedias, and dictionaries. To Prepare, UPSC Exams students should refer some suggested books by toppers. We’ve provided a few recommended books for IAS Preparation. These are books suggested by IAS Toppers.
View & Get the complete set of Reference Books for IAS Mains Sociology subject 2022. We’ve provided the list of recommended books for IAS Mains Sociology Paper. Share this article “UPSC Mains Sociology Reference Books 2023 – IAS / IPS / IES” to other UPSC IAS / IES / IFS Aspirants and help them to crack UPSC Exams.
UPSC main paper kannada medium books and author name plz