The official IAS Notification 2022 for Civil Services (Prelims) notification has released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Feb 2nd, 2022. All UPSC aspirants who are interested in Civil Services 2022 Exam are required to apply here. The UPSC IAS Prelims exam is scheduled to be conducted on 5th June 2022. UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 postponed till this date: Check important details here.
Generally, The civil services preliminary exam is held in the month of June, but now after a gap of three years, the Union Public Service Commission will be conducting the Prelims examination in the month of June. UPSC IFS Notification 2022 has also been released.
Content in this Article
UPSC IAS Notification 2022 Important Dates
|Date of Notification||02/02/2022|
|Date of Commencement of Examination||05/06/2021|
|Duration of Examination||One Day|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||22/02/2022 – 6:00pm|
|Date of Upload||02/02/2022|
|Download Notification||Click Here|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 Notification – Highlights
|Events||Document||Date of Upload|
Previous UPSC IAS Notification 2021 – Civil Services Exam Schedule
For Preliminary Examination
|Notification release Date of IAS||04/03/2021|
|Availability of Application Form||04/03/2021 to 27/06/2021|
|Release of IAS Prelims Admit Card||May, 2021|
|IAS Prelims Exam Date||October 10, 2021|
|Result of IAS Prelims Exam||October 29, 2021 (Without Name)|
November 2, 2021 (With Name)
|Cutoff of IAS Prelims Exam||After declaration of final result of IAS 2021|
For Mains examination
|Release of DAF||22/11/2021|
|Availability of DAF|
|Release of Admit Card for Mains Exam||15/12/2021|
|IAS Mains Exam Date||January 7, 8, 9, 15 & 16, 2022|
|IAS mains Exam Results||March 17, 2022|
|IAS Mains Cutoff||After the final result of IAS 2021 exam|
Civil Services Exam Application form
The UPSC online application form for IAS exam 2022 will be available from 5th June 2022. The applicants have to apply online from below link. The applications will be accepted only through online mode only. Check here : how to apply for Civil Services Examination 2021
[su_button url=”https://upsconline.nic.in/upsc/mainmenu2.php” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#b9222d” size=”5″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: desktop”]Apply Online Here[/su_button]
UPSC IAS Application Fees
- The Applicants will have to pay Rs 100 for applying to the IAS examination (except female/SC/ST/PH candidates).
The mode of Paying the Application Fees has been explained below:
- Applicants can also pay the Application Fees by cash at any branch of SBI .
- Print the system-generated Pay-in-slip during the Part -II Registration.
- Deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- The candidates opting for online mode for paying the Application Fees should pay by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore / State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/Sate Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- The appearing candidates must have a degree from a recognised university incorporated by an Act of Central OR State Legislature in India OR Other educational institution established by Parliament Act OR announced to be deemed university under section-3 of the UGCA), 1956 or have an equivalent degree.
- Also Check :
Age Limit- According to official notice (If there is change we will update)
|Category||Upper age limit||No. of attempts|
|General||32 Years||06 Attempts|
|OBC||35 Years||09 Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No bar|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years||GEN/OBC= 9 AttemptsSC/ST= No bar|
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs||No bar|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.||No bar|
Posts the finally selected candidates will be recruited
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group A
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise), Group A
- Indian Postal Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Accounts Services, Group A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group A (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Revenue Services (IT), Group A
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group A
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group A
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services, Group B
- Indian Trade Service, Group A (Gr. III)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group B.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group A
- Armed Forces Headquarter civil service, Group B (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Pondicherry Police Services, Group B
- Pondicherry Civil Services, Group B
Selection Procedure – IAS Exam
Selection Procedure of UPSC civil services exam 2022 will complete in 3 stages – Preliminary examination (MCQ type), Mains exam (descriptive type), and personal interview. The qualified candidates for the preliminary exam will be called for the Mains exam followed by a personal interview for final selection.
Stage I: Preliminary examination
- A qualifying test is advertised in May and held in August each year.
- In Mid October results are published.
Stage II: Main examination
- Held in December every year.
- In the second week of March, results are usually published.
Stage III: Personality Test (interview)
- Held in April/May each year.
- In May the final results are usually announced.
|Date of Interview/Personality Test||March/April 2023|
|Declaration of IAS Final Result||December 2022|
|Marks of the candidates in Mains and Interview/Personality Test||January 2023|
Numbers of attempts for Civil Services Exam
The number of times a candidate may attempt the exam is limited as follows:
- OBC category candidates = 9
- General category candidates: 6
- SC/ST Candidates = Unlimited
- Applying to sit the exam but failing to attend is not counted as an attempt.
- In the preliminary examination appearing to attempt one of the papers is counted as an attempt, including disqualification/cancellation of candidature.
IAS Exam Pattern
There will be 4 Test Booklet Series A, B, C & D in the civil services exam 2022 preliminary examination. The question paper will be of MCQ type. The question paper will be available both in English & Hindi language. There will be a penalty of 1/3 marks for each wrong answer.
- The Prelims Exam of IAS will comprise of two papers: 1. General Studies (GS) of 400 marks, 2. Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT) of 200 marks respectively.
- Check UPSC Prelims Syllabus (Topics & Subjects Details)
- All the question in both the papers will be multiple type.
- The question papers will be set both in English and Hindi.
- The Prelims Exam will be held for 2 hour time duration.
- The Paper-II of Prelims Exam is qualifying in nature and candidates need to secure minimum qualifying marks of 33 %.
|Name of the paper||No. of MCQs||Max. marks||Minimum marks||Duration of exam|
|General Studies Paper I||100||200||33%||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II||80||200||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II (X series)||80||200||2 hours 20 minutes|
The UPSC admit cards for Civil Services (Preliminary) exam 2022 will be released 3 weeks before the exam date. The admit cards can be downloaded from the official website for UPSC. To download Civil Services (Preliminary) exam admit card 2022 click on the given link.
Civil Services Exam Result will be published the official website of UPSC after successful completion of examination. The applicants will have to search their roll no. from Admit Card and can download UPSC IAS Result in PDF format. The successful applicants of prelims exam will be eligible to take part in IAS Mains exam, which will be held on 16th September 2022. The examination result of Civil Services Main exam will be declared in the month of January 2023.
Civil services Mains exam 2022
The qualified candidates of civil services preliminary exam will be eligible to attempt civil services Mains exam 2022 which will be held in September 2022. The civil services main exam is qualifying in nature. A little description of civil services exam 2022 (Mains) is given below-
|Name of the test||Type of test||Max. marks||Duration||Selection parameters|
|Paper A (one Indian language to be selected from the languages included in eighth schedule of the constitution||Conventional||300||3 hours||Papers to be counted for determining merit|
|Paper B English language||300|
|Paper I Essay||250||UPSC will prepare merit list on the basis of candidates’ performance & high marks aggregate scored in Mains & interview.|
|Paper II General Studies I (Indian heritage & culture, History & Geography of world & society)|
|Paper II General studies II (Governance, constitution, polity, social justice & international relations)||250|
|Paper IV General studies III (Technology, economic development, bio-diversity, environment, security & disaster management)||250|
|Paper V General studies IV (Ethnic, integrity & aptitude)||250|
|Paper VI Optional subject Paper I||250|
|paper VII Optional subject Paper II||250|
|Sub-total (written test)||1750|
List of Languages
The examination is offered in the following languages, with the name of the script in brackets:
|Assamese (Assamese)Bengali (Bengali)Bodo (Devanagari)|
|Kashmiri (Persian)Konkani (Devanagari)Maithili (Devanagari)|
|Punjabi (Gurumukhi)Sanskrit (Devanagari)Santhali (Devanagri or Ol Chiki)|
Sindhi (Devanagari or Arabic)
The subjects available for Papers VI and VII are
|AgricultureAnimal Husbandry and Veterinary ScienceAnthropology|
Commerce and Accountancy
Literature of any one of the Non-English languages listed above
|PhilosophyPhysicsPolitical Science and International Relations|
Civil Services 2022 Exam Centers
- The IAS Pre Exam will be conducted across 72 exam cities spread through the country.
- The Mains Exam will be conducted across 24 exam cities.
- On the basis of “first-apply-first-allot” allotment of IAS Exam Centres, will be done.
- The candidates should fill up the application form early to get their preferences of exam centers.
- While filling up the application form applicants will have to enter their preferences of exam centers.
- The candidates should note that no request for a change of center will be entertained.
- Aspirants will have to appear for the exam from the center allotted to them.
The list of Exam Centers for Pre and Mains is below:
For Pre Examination
|AGARTALA||GHAZIABAD||GAUTAM BUDDH NAGAR|
|ANANTPUR (ANDHRA PRADESH)||ITANAGAR||RAJKOT|
|For Mains Examination|
Cut off Marks
Civil Services Cutoff 2015
UPSC will release the cut-offs for Civil Services Exam 2022 to limit the number of applicants for recruitment of IAS exam 2022. Cut-offs are the selection parameters that applicants have to fulfill to get recruited for the posts of Indian Administrative officer. you can check Civil Services 2015 Cutoff.
Share this article “UPSC IAS Notification 2022” – Civil Services Prelims & Mains Exam Dates, Application Date, IAS Exam Eligibility, and other UPSC Exam details to other UPSC Aspirants who are preparing for UPSC Civil Services Exam. You can ask your queries via the comment box.