Prepare UPSC Electrical Engineering: Check out How to Prepare UPSC Electrical Engineering 2023 Optional subject – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Electrical Engineering Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2022 has released. Today we’ve provided a Preparation strategy for UPSC Electrical Engineering optional Paper (यूपीएससी इलेक्ट्रिकल इंजीनियरिंग वैकल्पिक विषय). UPSC has already announced the IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates. Before going to start the preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Electrical Engineering optional for the UPSC IAS mains exam.
Content in this Article
How to Prepare UPSC Electrical Engineering Optional Subject
Electrical Engineering subject comes under UPSC optional subject. UPSC Electrical Engineering exam also called the engineering services exam. UPSC Electrical Engineering exam is preferable for Electrical Engineering students. Each Electrical Engineering paper consists of 250 marks. The duration for each Electrical Engineering mains paper is 3 hours.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
Why Electrical Engineering optional?
Electrical engineering is a professional degree subject that deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. Aspirants those who are from Electrical engineering background can only handle this optional subject.
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. The Paper I and Paper II of Electrical engineering Optional paper are which is like all the technical topics are involved.
Step 1: Know UPSC Electrical engineering syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Electrical engineering Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Electrical engineering
To prepare UPSC Electrical engineering Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for the IAS exam at the given link below. The suggested books are included in optional and language Subjects.
Recommended books for Electrical engineering:
- Electromagnetic Fields & Waves- Kd Prasad
- Energy Conversion: Ashfaq Hussain
- Circuit Theory: Analysis and Synthesis- A. Chakrabarti
- Signals and Systems-Alan V. Oppenheim, Alan V. Willsky, S. Hamid Nawab
- Physics of Semiconductor Devices – Simon Sze
- Analog Electronics: J.B. Gupta
- Digital Logic and Computer Design-M. Morris Mano
- Principles of Electronics – V .K. Mehta
- Radio Engineering – G.K. Mithal
- Circuit Analysis – Gupta Electrical Technology – Thareja
- Automatic Control System – Benjamin C. Kuo
- Elements of Engineering Electromagnetics – Nannapaneni Rao
- Electromagnetic Waves and Field – R.N. Singh
- Control Systems Engineering – Nagrath Gopal
- Semiconductor – Nag Choudhary
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
The study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting a good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for the UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Electrical engineering Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Electrical engineering Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the UPSC Mains exam, you can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Electrical engineering (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Electrical engineering Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Electrical engineering Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Electrical engineering Important Topics
Electrical engineering Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
- Network Theory
- Material Science
- Measurements and Instrumentation
- Control Systems
- Electrical Machines
- Power Systems
- Analog Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Power Electronics
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Electrical engineering Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Electrical engineering Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Electrical engineering Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Electrical engineering 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving the best suitable strategies for Electrical engineering optional for the UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Electrical engineering optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Electrical engineering to tackle Paper-II.
- Make short notes, flowchart and diagram will preparing. These short notes will help in revision time.
- Aspirants should guarantee that they are emphasizing sustainability and economic dimensions also.
- Aspirants opting for Electrical engineering as their option should update the up-to-date data taken from Government reports annual report regarding Electrical engineering.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year’s UPSC Mains questions papers. Electrical engineering also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam patterns, trends, etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Electrical engineering Optional subject 2023 – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” gives the detailed information यूपीएससी इलेक्ट्रिकल इंजीनियरिंग about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.