Strategy to Prepare UPSC Assamese Language Paper 2019 – IAS Mains
Prepare UPSC Assamese: Check out How to Prepare UPSC Assamese Optional subject 2019 – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Assamese Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2019 has released. Today we’ve provided Preparation strategy for UPSC Assamese optional Paper. UPSC has already announced IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates. Before going to start preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Assamese optional for UPSC IAS mains exam.
How to Prepare UPSC Assamese Optional Subject 2019
Content in this Article
Assamese language is highly scoring optional subject in UPSC IAS Mains exam when compared to other subjects. UPSC mains Assamese language is an Eastern Indo-Aryan language spoken mainly in the Indian state of Assam, where it is an official language. It is the easternmost Indo-Aryan language and by extension the easternmost indigenous Indo-European language; it is spoken by over 15 million native speakers,and serves as a lingua franca in the region. It is also spoken in parts of Arunachal Pradesh and other northeast Indian states.With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt But don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
Why Assamese optional?
- There are fewer takers for these optionals, so you have far less competition.
- If you have a love for literature, you will find preparation for the subject easy and less strenuous than other subjects. Literature is full of stories and poetry and if this excites you, you should definitely think of taking literature optionals.
- There is no limit to how well you can write here. If you have been in the habit of reading since your schooldays, you can surely shine in the exam.
- Generally, the syllabus doesn’t need any updation. Once you have prepared for this optional, even after a couple of years, it remains unchanged.
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation.
Step 1: Know UPSC Assamese syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Assamese Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains 2019 Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Assamese
To prepare UPSC Assamese Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for IAS exam at given link below. The suggested books are included optional and language Subjects.
Recommended books for Assamese:
- Bargeet-by Madhava Deva
- Gaonburha-by Padmanath Gohain Barua.
- Gurucarit-Katha (Sankaradeva Part only)-ed. by Maheswar Neog.
- Jeevanar Batat-by Bina Barwa (Birinchi Kumar Barua)
- Karengar Ligiri-by Jyotiprasad Agarwalla
- Katha-Bhagavata (Books I and II)-by Baikuntha Nath Bhattacharyya.
- Kripabar Barbaruar Kakatar Topola-by Lakshminath Bezbaroa.
- Monamati-by Rajanikanta Bordoloi.
- Mor Jeevan Sonwaran-by Lakshminath Bezbaroa.
- Mrityunjoy-by Birendrakumar Bhattachary-ya
- Parijat-Harana-by Sankaradeva
- Pratima-by Chandra Kumar Agarwalla.
- Purani Asamiya Sahitya-by Banikanta Kakati.
- Rajasurya by Madhava Deva.
- Ramayana (Ayodhya Kanda only)-by Madhava Kandali.
- Rasakrida by Sankaradeva (From Kirtana Ghosa).
- Samrat-by Navakanta Barua.
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
Study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting the good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Assamese Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Assamese Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months preparation time for UPSC Mains exam, You can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Assamese (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Assamese Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Assamese Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Assamese Important Topics
As you know the marks of the optional paper is crucial to decide your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Assamese Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Assamese Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Assamese Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Assamese?
Assamese is an optional subject in the UPSC Civil Services examination. If the aspirants have good command over the Assamese language, then they can opt Assamese as their optional subject.The syllabus of Assamese optional for UPSC IAS Mains exam is short and well defined. Many candidates from Assam have cracked UPSC IAS Exam by opting Assamese as their optional subject. As other literature subjects, the success-rate of Assamese Language is comparatively very high among all subjects. The study materials for Assamese Literature is not easily available.But reading some standard book will help aspirants to answer the questions.answer writing practice and excellent language skill in Assamese literature is the key to deal with this optional.
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Assamese 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving best suitable strategies for Assamese optional for UPSC IAS Mains exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Assamese optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Assamese to tackle Paper II.
- Make short notes, flowchart and diagram will preparing. These short notes will help in revision time.
- Aspirants should guarantee that they are emphasizing on sustainability and economic dimensions also.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year UPSC Mains questions papers. For Assamese also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam pattern, trends etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Assamese Optional subject – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC 2019 exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.