Prepare UPSC Kannada: Check out Strategy to Prepare UPSC Kannada Optional subject 2022 – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Kannada Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2022 has released. Today we’ve provided a Preparation strategy for UPSC Kannada optional Paper. UPSC has already announced the IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates. Before going to start the preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Kannada optional for the UPSC IAS mains exam.
Content in this Article
How to Prepare UPSC Kannada Optional Subject 2022
Kannada is one of the optional in the IAS main exam. You can opt for the Kannada language as an optional subject if you have graduated in the literature of Kannada language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Kannada literature. Interest should be the prime criteria for choosing any optional. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt but don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. Each UPSC mains Kannada paper consists of 250 marks. The duration for each Kannada language mains paper is 3 hours.
Step 1: Know UPSC Kannada syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Kannada Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Kannada
To prepare UPSC Kannada Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for the IAS exam at the given link below. The suggested books are included in optional and language Subjects.
Recommended books for Kannada:
- Linguistics, history of Kannada Language-M.H. Krishnaiah
- Kannada Bhasha Shastra- R.Y. Dharwadkar
- Kannada Sahitya Charitre- R.S. Mugali
- Bettada Jeeva-Shivarama Karanta
- Madhavi-Arupama Niranjana
- Odalaala-Devanuru Mahadeva
- Devaru- A.N. Moorty Rao
- Shudra Tapaswi-Kuvempu
- Tughlaq-Girish Karnad.
- Vachana Kammata, Ed: K. Marulasiddappa K.R. Nagaraj
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
The study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting a good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for the UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Kannada Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Kannada Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the UPSC Mains exam, You can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Kannada (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Kannada Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Kannada Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Kannada Important Topics
Kannada Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
Paper I contains History of Kannada Language, History of Kannada Literature, Modern Kannada literature, Poetics, and literary criticism, Cultural History of Karnataka. Paper-II contains old Kannada literature, Modern Kannada literature, Folk literature.
As you know the marks of the optional paper are crucial to deciding your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Kannada Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Kannada Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Kannada Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Kannada?
Kannada Literature is a language widely spoken language in the Karnataka region of South India. UPSC aspirants who have good knowledge in this lingo can opt for this as their optional subject for the UPSC IAS mains Exam. That does not indicate that one must be a Kannada literature graduate. But the aspirant should have good language skills to deal with this optional subject. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper-II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
- Literature subjects are less informative.
- good for who is creative
- not too difficult to understand
- to score good marks one should have good writing skill
- creativity required
- depth in philosophy required
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Kannada 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving the best suitable strategies for Kannada optional for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Kannada optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Kannada to tackle Paper-II.
- Improve writing skills because every language should need good writing skills to answer the questions in a particular language.
- In your essay, write in a simple but effective language. Attempt the essay question last with at least 40 minutes to spare. Once you are done with the other sections, you will have enough ‘flow’ to write your essay. Also, you should not waste time writing an elaborate essay at the beginning.
- Apart from your regular newspaper, read a newspaper in the language that you have opted for at least 15 minutes every day. This will familiarise you with the subtleties of the language. It will also give you the modern method of writing in the language.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year’s UPSC Mains questions papers. For Kannada also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam patterns, trends, etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Kannada Optional subject 2022 – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.