Check out the details of the IMU CET 2020 Application Form, Fee, Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility, Syllabus. Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (भारतीय समुद्री विश्वविद्यालय कॉमन एंट्रेंस टेस्ट) is conducted by the Indian Maritime University for the admission in undergraduate & postgraduate courses in the area of marine. The University offers Diploma in Nautical Science Course. Candidates have to Qualify the Common entrance test for the admission in Universities. Here we are providing the information about IMU CET 2020 that is the Application Form, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility criteria.
For more information also refer the following links
- JEE Main Application Form, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility
- UPESEAT Application Form, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility
- IIT JAM Application Form Fee, Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility
About Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test
Content in this Article
The Indian Maritime University is headquartered in Chennai. To facilitate and promote maritime studies, training, research and extension work with focus on emerging areas of studies like oceanography, maritime history, maritime laws, maritime security, search and rescue, transportation of dangerous cargo, environmental studies and other related fields, and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields and other matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
IMU CET 2020 Exam Dates
|IMU CET 2020||Exam Dates|
|Application Starts||Nov 15, 2019|
|Last date for online payment of a fee||Dec 10, 2019|
|Last date for submission of detailed application form||Dec 13, 2019|
|IMU CET 2020 Admit Card Released on||Dec 28, 2019 (Released)|
|IMU CET 2020 Exam Date||Jan 4, 2020|
|Result declaration||Jan 10, 2020|
|Counselling begins||Jan 20, 2020|
|Last date for registration for counselling||Jan 30, 2020|
IMU CET 2019 Exam Dates
|Online Registration starts from||6th April 2019|
|Last Date of Registration||11th May 2019|
|The download of IMU CET 2019 Admit Card||16th May 2019|
|IMU CET 2019 Exam Date||2nd June 2019|
|Result Declaration||5th June 2019|
|Counselling Date||7th June 2019|
|Document Verification Date||July 23 to July 31, 2019|
IMU CET FULL FORM IS Indian Maritime University common entrance test
IMU CET 2020 Application form
- Candidates can fill the IMU CET 2020 application form through online mode. The application form will be available from April 20120. Candidates have to log in through the generated application number and password to complete the application.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned photograph, signature, 10th Mark sheet photocopy & category certificate SC/ST.
- Choose the payment mode and pay the application fee. Candidates should download and print the filled-in application in the standard format. After the successful submission of the application form, automated emails/SMS will be sent to the candidates.
Click Here: IMU CET Online Application Form
- The application fee is Rs. 1000 for General candidates & Rs. 700 for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- Candidates can make payments via online or offline mode. They can submit the fee through net banking/credit card or bank challan.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
The Eligibility Criteria for Entrance Test which includes the Age limit for Admission in Indian Maritime University 2020, Indian Maritime University Admission Qualification as follows. The Following Group or Category of Courses list is the Eligibility for Admission in University.
Age Criteria: The minimum age should be 17 years and maximum age should be 25 years on or before 1st August 2020. There is a relaxation of 5 years for reserved category candidates. Only unmarried candidates can apply for this exam.
For DNS: The Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination or B.Sc or BE/B.Tech And PCM or B.Sc in PCM, Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years. The Candidates have to secure a minimum of 60% marks in 10+2/ equivalent examination or not less than 50% marks in B.Sc & BE/B.Tech.
For B.Sc: The Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination with PCM & English subjects and have to secure a minimum of 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
For B.Tech: The Candidates have to qualify 10+2/ equivalent examination with PCM & English subjects and must have to score at least 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
For B.Tech (Lateral Entry): The Candidates have to pass the Diploma in Engineering.
For MBA: The Candidates have to pass their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and have to obtain at least 50% marks. Score 50% marks in English Subject in 10th/12th/ UG Degree.
For M.Tech: The Candidates have to pass their graduation or equivalent degree from a recognized university and have to secure a minimum of 60% aggregated marks.
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||27%|
IMU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
The Common entrance examination will be conducted in offline mode. There would be negative marking so One mark will deduct for each wrong answer and also for Multiple Marking in the Answer Sheet. The exam pattern according to the marks and selected course by students for the Indian Maritime University entrance Test 2020 Test is given as follows,
|General Knowledge||25 Ques|
|General Aptitude||25 Ques|
Syllabus for IMU CET 2020
The applicant should be thorough with the syllabus of CBSE, ISE and State Boards of H.S.C class. The syllabus for IMU CET 2020 entrance test includes the following,
- Statics & Dynamics
- Indefinite integrals
- Definite integrals & its application
- Differential equations
- Boolean algebra
- Linear inequations
- Limits and continuity
- Vector and 3-d geometry
- Nature of Chemical Bond II
- Adsorption and Colloids
- Proteins and Fats
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Chemistry
- Nuclear and Radio Chemistry,
- Halogen Derivatives of Alkanes and organic hydroxy Compounds
- Chemistry of Transition and Inner Transition Elements
- Electrochemistry, Chemical Thermodynamics, and Energetics
- Wave Motion and Sound
- Rotational Motion of a Rigid Body
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Current Electricity
- Gravitation, Electromagnetic Induction, and A.C.
- Electrons and Photons
- Heat Radiation
- Ray Optics
- Wave Theory etc.
For UG programs: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude at Plus 2 level (CBSE, ISE, and State Boards).
2 MBA programs: Quantitative ability, Data interpretation, Verbal Ability, and Logical Reasoning.
T2 MTech programs: English, General Knowledge, Aptitude, Mathematics, and General Engineering.
How to Prepare
- Candidates can practice basic Mathematics, GK and English to prepare for the examination. Manage your time as per the subjects mentioned in the syllabus.
- Choose the right study material available in the market or on the internet. Practice from previous year question papers it will help you to understand the exam pattern, important topics and type of questions asked.
- Go for the complete IMU CET syllabus with deep study and try to cover all important topics before one month of the exam. It is very important to make a timetable for study so, make a proper schedule and follow it on a regular basis.
IMU CET Previous year Question papers
You can Check the previous Question Papers for the Common Entrance Test 2019 Exam. We provide the Official Question Papers for the Candidates appearing in the Common Entrance Test 2019 exam. The model question paper for various courses.
- B Sc Maritime Science
- B Tech Marine Engineering
- B Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- B Sc Ship Building & Repair
- Diploma in Nautical Science
- PG Diploma in Marine Engineering
IMU CET 2019 Answer Key
IMU CET 2019 Answer Key will be available on the official website just a day after the exam is conducted. The answer key will be available along with the question paper on the official website. Also, various other individual institutes also release their own unofficial answer keys.
Click Here: IMU CET Answer Key
IMU CET Admit Card
Candidates will get their admit card through online mode. The exam conducting authority will also inform the registered candidates through SMS or email for uploading of hall ticket.
Candidates can access the IMU CET hall ticket from our website. The admit card will be issued on 16th May 2020. The admit card contains details of the candidate such as Name, Category, Gender, exam center venue, date & time of the examination, etc.
Click Here: IMU CET Admit Card
IMU CET Result 2020
The results of the IMU CET 2020 exam will be announced on the June 2020. The applicants can view their result online by entering details such as roll number and date of birth. Candidates need to take a print out of the IMU CET result for future reference and counselling.
Click Here: IMU CET Result
How to check the IMU CET results:
- Visit the official website of IMU CET.
- Click on the results portal.
- Enter your IMU CET application number and DOB.
- Print the IMU CET result for future reference.
IMU CET 2020 Cut off & Merit List
IMU CET Cut off may vary from campus to campus and course as there are 5 campuses under IMU CET of Cochin, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Vishakhapatnam. The cut-off is decided on the following basis:
- Seats available for a particular course
- The difficulty level of exam
- Number of seats
- Candidates performance
IMU CET Counselling
After the declaration of the result, shortlisted candidates have to register for counselling procedures. The online counseling registration will be started in June 2020. The online counseling will be limited for admission into IMU campuses only. The affiliated institutions will not be included in the online counseling process. Candidates, those qualified the IMU CET 2020 exam may approach the Institution directly. The counseling procedure is given below.
- The verification of the documents will be done from the first week of July to the last week of July 2020.
- Candidates who are called for counseling are required to register themselves for the counseling process, at the official website of the university.
- Candidates are required to bring their original documents and certificates during counseling. If the applicants fail to bring the required documents and certificates then their admission gets canceled.
- Also, note that the applicants are not allowed to bring downloaded mark-sheets and certificates.
- The counseling session will include document verification, physical fitness clearance and so on.
- ICAR AIEEA Application Form Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Exam Date
- BITSAT Application Form Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility
- LPU NEST Application Form Fee, Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility
Hope this article definitely gives the entire information about IMU CET 2020 (आईएमयू सीईटी 2020) Application Form, Fee, Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility, Syllabus and also additional information about the IMU CET exam 2020. You can share or subscribe to our Website for more information on Other Concepts. For any query, you can contact us via the comment box.
I pass out 12th from vardhaman open board can i Eligible for dns course
I want to join merchant nevy
Apply for dns batch 2019 Feb
Also fill application form imu cet 2019 Feb batch
I have done b.tech in mechanical engineering with 73% but in 10&12th PCM marks is 53% and in English 46 % in 10th or 49 %in 12th am I eligible for IMU- CET examination and any sponsorship programme.
Note. ( SC CANDIDATE).
Is imu cet accept nios board results ? And nios students get admission in merchant navy
Thanks sir for information…
procedure for lateral entry in btech marine engg at imu mumbai. please help anyone. is there any exam for lateral entry
i want to join merchant navy but i dont know the proper procedure to do so can someone plzz tell me the correct info..so that i can enter this field..
WHAT’S THE APPLICATION FEES FOR THE OBC CANDIDATE??
Thank you its really helpfull