In this article, the details regarding IGNOU M.A Sociology Admission 2021 Fee, Eligibility, Application Form, Last Date of the exam are posted. Admission in IGNOU M.A program is offered on a direct process since it is an open university and the number of seats for each course is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses should be applied online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU M.A Sociology Admission Overview
This table shows the details about the IGNOU exam form date, Results, Results Revaluation, Term End Exam Form, etc details which the scholars can easily understand.
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission starts on|
|Re-registration||October to February|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||July session – May|
January session – October
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
M.A Sociology full form is Master of Arts in Sociology
About IGNOU M.A Sociology
The complete form of M.A Sociology is a Masters of Arts in Sociology. It is a Graduate Degree Programme which is offered in January and July. It comes under the category of School of Social Studies (SOSS). Rs. 12000/- for the full program to be paid year wise @Rs. 6000/- per year
IGNOU M.A Sociology Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized
M.A: Masters of Arts
B.A: Bachelors of Arts.
Last Date for IGNOU MA Sociology Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of November|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of February|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of August/ September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU Master of Arts Sociology Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration of the student or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instruction to Fill M.A Sociology Application Form Online
The admission process comprises of the following:
- Application for Entrance Exam
- Payment for Entrance Exam
- Practice the Exam to prepare for the Entrance Examination
- Online Entrance Exam
- Publishing of list of Shortlisted students on the website
- Filling up Online Form for Workplace by shortlisted students.
- Personal Interview of shortlisted students by Industry Partners offering Workplace.
Note: In-service students are not expected to fill up the online preference form.
- Admission should be Confirmed by filling up University Admission Form and uploading documents for verification of eligibility by the University
- Payment of Fees by selected candidates
- Commencement of the program / Joining at Work provided by Industry Partner
IGNOU MA Sociology Course 2020
|Courses||Fees (for full programme)|
|MA Sociology||Rs. 12000/- for full course Rs. 6000/- per year,|
|BA Sociology||Rs 9,600 full course Rs 3200 per year|
The M A Sociology program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of study.
MA Sociology Courses
- Sociological Theories and Concepts
- Research Methods and Methodologies
- Sociology of Development
- Sociology in India
(choose 32 credits only)
- Sociology of Education
- Diaspora and Transnational Communities
- Sociology of Religion
- Urban Sociology
- Decentralization and Local Governance
- India: Democracy and Development
M.A Sociology course Fee details
Rs. 12000/- for the full program to be paid year wise @Rs. 6000/- per year, a Registration fee of Rs 200/-also has to be paid. The program fee should be paid only by means of Debit Card/Credit Card through online mode only. The fee once paid is not given back.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Masters of Arts with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of M.A Sociology
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of M.A Sociology
The University will send an admit card before the commencement of the exam.
Your college is normally your examination center
Declaration of M.A Sociology Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of M.A Sociology Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at Delhi in the application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
As per this article is concerned, if you have any queries and ask for any information regarding IGNOU M.A Sociology Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.
- Sociology Course is a good degree?
A) Sociology is extremely good for candidates who want to start their career in the business field. So, the students will have a good career in the business area.