IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management Admission 2021: In this article, the details regarding IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management Course 2021 – Fee, Eligibility, Application Form, Last Date of the exam are posted. Admission to the IGNOU Master program is offered on a direct process since it is an open university and the number of seats for each course is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses should be applied online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)Course Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission starts on||
|Re-registration||Oct to Feb|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||November|
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
MTTM full form is Master of Tourism and Travel Management
About IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management
The complete form of MTTM is Master of Tourism and Travel Management. It is a Graduate Degree Programme which is offered in January and July. It comes under the category of School of Tourism and Hospitality Services Management (SOTHSM). The MTTM Programme is designed for those students who are interested in pursuing a career in the tourism sector at the managerial level.
IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management Eligibility Criteria
Category 1: BTS,BA(Tourism); B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration (BHM); Bachelor’s in Hotel Management
(approved by AICTE) and those students who have done their graduation in any field along with a Diploma in Tourism, which is recognized in the University or by AICTE.
Category 2: A Bachelor’s Degree in any field. (Anyway, all students of Category 2 will have to pass four additional Tourism foundation courses during their period of study.)
M.T.T.M: Master of Tourism and Travel Management
Last Date for IGNOU M.T.T.M Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of November|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of February|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of August/ September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – Cancelled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – IGNOU
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration of the student or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instructions to Fill Master of Tourism and Travel Management Application Form Online
- The application form should be submitted online through the official IGNOU website
- The students are advised to download the prospectus and read the instructions carefully before filling up the form
- The students should remember their Username and Password for subsequent login
- The application fees may be paid by the below methods
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card (PNB)
Before filling the application form online, candidates must possess the following documents:
- Photograph (not more than 100 KB in size)
- Signature (not more than 100 KB in size)
- Age Proof
- Relevant Adult Educational Qualification (not more than 400 KB in size)
- Experience Certificate (if any) (not more than 400 KB in size)
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (not more than 400 KB in size)
- BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(not more than 400 KB in size)
IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management Course 2020
|Courses||Fees (for full program)|
|M.T.T.M||Category-I: Rs. 12000/- for the full course, Rs. 6000/- per year.
Category-II: Rs. 15000/- for the full course, Rs. 9000/- for 1st year and Rs. 6000/- for 2nd year.
The M.T.T.M program comprises four groups of courses with differential weightage.
Subjects in Master of Tourism and Travel Management
- Understanding Adult Education
- Policy Planning and Implementation of Adult Education
- Knowledge Management, Information Dissemination, and Networking
- Educational Research
- Practical Work Components
- Extension Education and Development
- Population and Development Education
- Sustainable Development
- Open and Distance Learning Systems
- Basics of Legal Awareness
- Vocational Education
1) It is a professional program designed to cater to the needs of the tourism industry. And, also this course is useful for all those who are either employed or intend to make a career in tourism.
2) Students who are seeking lateral entry have to follow the procedure and payment for credit transfer as given by Student Registration Division.
IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management course Fee details
Category-I: Rs. 12000/- for a full course, Rs. 6000/- per year.
Category-II: Rs. 15000/- for a full course, Rs. 9000/- for 1st year and Rs. 6000/- for 2nd year.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Masters of Arts with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of the exam.
Examination Centre of Master of Tourism and Travel Management
Your college is normally your examination center
Declaration of Result of IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in the name of IGNOU and will be paid at Delhi in the application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
As per this article is concerned, if you have any queries and ask any information regarding IGNOU Master of Tourism and Travel Management Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.
- What is the salary for a Master of Tourism and Travel Management?
A) After completion of the course the candidates will get a salary package of around 20,000 to 25,000 per month.