IGNOU Master of Social Work Admission 2021 – Eligibility, Fee, Application Form, Last Date
IGNOU Master of Social Work Admission(M.S.W) 2021: Check out the details regarding IGNOU M.S.W Course 2021 – Eligibility, Fee, Application Form, Last Date of the exam in this article. Admission to the IGNOU B.S.W program is offered on a direct basis since it is an open university and the number of seats for each program is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses is online and registration opens two times a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU Master of Social Work Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on|
|Re-registration||October to February|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||July session – May|
January session – October
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
M.S.W full form is Master of Social Work
About IGNOU Master of Social Work
The Master Degree program is a Master of Social Work (MSW) is meant for candidates who are interested in providing professional help to people in need. Persons with professional training regarding job/ degree in Social Work generally work in socially-relevant areas such as health care, community development, education, industry, counseling, family, correction, social defense, women, children, disability, etc.
IGNOU M.S.W Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a top recognized University.
Last Date for IGNOU M.S.W Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of November|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of February|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of August/ September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU M.S.W Admission?
- Visit the official website of – “IGNOU”
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instructions to Fill M.S.W Admission Online
The admission process comprises of the following:
- Application for Entrance Exam
- Payment for Entrance Exam
- Practice Exam to prepare for Entrance Exam
- Online Entrance Exam
- Publishing of list of Shortlisted students on the website
- Filling up Online Form for Workplace by shortlisted students.
- Personal Interview of shortlisted students by Industry Partners offering Workplace.
Note: In-service students are not expected to fill up the online preference form.
- Admission Confirmation by filling up University Admission/Application Form and uploading documents for verification of eligibility by the University
- Payment of Fees by selected candidates
- Commencement of the program / Joining at Work provided by Industry Partner
IGNOU UG Courses 2020
|Course Name||Specializations||Eligibility Criteria||Course Fees|
|MSW||Master of Social Work||Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized University||Rs. 36000/-|
The IGNOU Master of Social Work course has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of study.
IGNOU M.S.W Subjects
First Year: Compulsory Courses
- Origin and Development of Social Work
- Professional Social Work: Indian Perspectives
- Social Work Practicum and Supervision
Elective Courses (Choose any Two)
- Basic Social Science Concepts
- Social Work and Social Development
- Social Work Research
- Social Work in African Context
- Social Work and Criminal Justice
- Field Work (Compulsory)
- Social Work Practicum-I
- Block Placement
Second Year: Compulsory Courses
- Casework and Counselling: Working with Individuals
- Social Group Work: Working with Groups
- Community Organisation Management for Community Development
- Contemporary Methods and Values of Social Work
Elective Courses (Choose anyone)
- HIV/AIDS: Stigma, Discrimination, and Prevention
- Women and Child Development
- International Social Work
- Disaster Management
- Dissertation (Project work)
- Field Work (Compulsory)
- Social Work Practicum-II
IGNOU IGNOU Master of Social Work Fee details
Rs. 36000/- for the full program to be paid year-wise @Rs. 18000/- per year, a Registration fee of Rs 200/- also has to be paid. The program fee should be paid only by means of Debit Card/Credit Card through online mode only. The fee once paid is not given back.
Process of payment of program fees
Fees should be paid online at the time of admission.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Social; Work with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of IGNOU Master of Social Work
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the B.A course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of IGNOU Master of Social Work course
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of MSW course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of IGNOU Master of Social Work Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of MSW course Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the grade/marks they obtained in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are made available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU Master of Social Work course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.