IGNOU M.L.I.S Admission 2022 – Application Form, Fee details, Eligibility criteria, Last Date
IGNOU M.L.I.S Admission 2022: Check out the details regarding IGNOU M.L.I.S Course 2021 – Eligibility, Fee, Application Form, Last Date of the exam in this article. Admission to the IGNOU M.L.I.S program is offered on a direct basis since it is an open university and the number of seats for each program is unlimited. The application for (IGNOU) Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses is online and registration opens two times a year for January and June Session. The main purpose of the Programme is to help career development for those who are already officers who are employed in different types of libraries and desire better employment. It also provides a platform for freshers who wish to pursue a career in library and information science.
Content in this Article
IGNOU M.L.I.S Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on|
|Re-registration||October to February|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission|
June session – March
Dec session – Sep
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
M.L.I.S full form is Master of Library and Information Science
About IGNOU M.L.I.S
MLIS admissions are based on results in a bachelor’s degree or 1-year Diploma in Library Science are eligible to apply.
IGNOU MLIS Admission Eligibility Criteria
M.L.I.S(Master’s of Library and Information Science) Degree Eligibility
In order to qualify for admission to this program the student should:
- Candidates who have BLIS Degree or its equivalent from any similar institutions or from a recognized university.
B.P.P: Master of Preparatory Program.
Last Date for IGNOU M.L.I.S Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|June Session||Application form available||In the month of March|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of March|
|Dec Session||Application form available||In the month of Sep|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU M.L.I.S Admission?
1. Visit the official website
2. Select ” I Agree on Declaration ” by putting a tick mark on it.
3. Click on Proceed button to fill the Application form
4. Enter the Program Code
5. Enter your enrollment number
6. Enter the mode of payment
7. Click on the Submit button
8. Pay the fees for the subjects
Instruction to Fill M.L.I.S Admission Online
- IGNOU M.L.I.S Admission process comprises of the following:
- Step 1: Application for Entrance Exam
- Step 2: Payment for Entrance Exam
- Step 3: Practice the Exam to prepare for the Entrance Examination
- Step 4: Online Entrance Exam
- Step 5: publishing of a list of Shortlisted students on the website
- Step 6: Filling up Online Form for Workplace by shortlisted students.
- Step 7: Personal Interview of shortlisted students by Industry Partners offering Workplace.
Note: In-service students are not expected to fill up the online preference form.
- IGNOU M.L.I.S Admission:
- Step 8: Admission should be Confirmed by filling up University Admission Form and uploading documents for verification of eligibility by the University
- Step 9: Payment of Fees by selected candidates
- Step 10: Commencement of the program / Joining at Work provided by Industry Partner
- IGNOU M.L.I.S Admission process comprises of the following:
IGNOU Courses 2021
|Course Name||Specializations||Eligibility Criteria||Course Fees|
|M.L.I.Sc.||Masters of Library and Information Science|
i) 50% marks in Bachelor’s degree ( 45% for students of SC/ST/OBC/PH category) or
ii)Bachelor’s degree with a Diploma (1 year) in Library Science OR
iii)2 years Bachelor’s Degree as working experience in a Library & Information Centre
The M.L.I.S program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of studies.
IGNOU M.L.I.S Subjects
- Information, Communication, and Society
- Information Sources, Systems and Services
- Management of Library and Information Centers
- Information Processing and Retrieval
- Fundamentals of Information Communication Technologies
- information Communication Technologies: Applications
Elective Courses (Choose any two only)
- Preservation and Conservation of Library Materials
- Research Methodology
- Academic Library System
- Technical Writing
- Informatics and Scientometrics
- Public Library System and Services
IGNOU M.L.I.S course Fee details
- Rs.9000/- per semester. The fees may change as and when the university changes. The student is advised to ensure that he pays the described semester fee. He may check the details of the fee from the concerned Regional Center
Process of payment of program fees
Fees should be paid online at the time of admission in the college.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Computer Applications with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of M.L.I.S course
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the B.A course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of M.L.I.S course
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of the MLIS course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of M.L.I.S course Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of M.L.I.S course Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are made available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in the student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU MLIS Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.