In this article, the details regarding IGNOU M.A Anthropology Admission 2022, Fee, Eligibility, Application Form, Last Date of the exam are posted. Admission to the IGNOU M.A program is offered on a direct process since it is an open university and the number of seats for each course is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses should be applied online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU M.A Anthropology Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on|
|Re-registration||Oct to Feb|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission|
July session – May
January session – October
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
M.A Anthropology full form is Master of Arts in Anthropology
About IGNOU M.A Anthropology
The complete form of B.Sc Anthropology is Master of Arts in Anthropology. It is a Graduate Degree Programme which is offered in January and July. It comes under the category of School of Social Studies (SOSS).
IGNOU M.A Anthropology Eligibility Criteria
The program is available to the candidates who have Bachler’s Degree or its equivalent from any recognized university and similar institutions.
M.A: Masters of Arts
B.A: Bachelors of Arts.
Last Date for IGNOU M.A Anthropology Admission
This is the table of the last date for IGNOU M.A Anthropology admission due dates in the June and Dec sessions.
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|June Session||Application form available||In the month of March|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of March|
|Dec Session||Application form available||In the month of Sep|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU Master of Arts Anthropology Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration of the student or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instructions to Fill M.A Anthropology Application Form Online
The admission process comprises of the following:
- Application for Entrance Exam
- Payment for Entrance Exam
- Practice the Exam to prepare for the Entrance Examination
- Online Entrance Exam
- Publishing of list of Shortlisted students on the website
- Filling up Online Form for Workplace by shortlisted students.
- Personal Interview of shortlisted students by Industry Partners offering Workplace.
Note: In-service students are not expected to fill up the online preference form.
- Admission should be Confirmed by filling up University Admission Form and uploading documents for verification of eligibility by the University
- Payment of Fees by selected candidates
- Commencement of the program / Joining at Work provided by Industry Partner
IGNOU M.A Anthropology Course 2021
|Courses||Fees (for full program)|
|M.A Anthropology||Rs. 16,800/- for full course ,Rs. 8,400/- per year|
|B.Sc Anthropology||Rs. 9600|
The M.A Anthropology program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of study.
MA Anthropology Subjects
- Anthropology and Methods of Research (Theory and Practical)
- Physical Anthropology (Theory and Practical)
- Social Anthropology (Theory)
- Archaeological Anthropology (Theory)
- Compulsory Courses
- Fieldwork Dissertation
- Practicing Anthropology (Theory and Project)
- Elective Courses (Choose any two only)
- Human Genetics (Theory and Practical)
- Human Growth & Development (Theory and Practical)
- Comparative Ethnography (Theory)
- Gender and Society (Theory)
- Environmental Anthropology (Theory)
M.A Anthropology course Fee details
The program is available to the candidates who have BLIS Degree or its equivalent from any recognized university and similar institutions. The Programme fee has to be paid via Debit/Credit Card through online mode only. Fees once paid is not refundable
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Master of Arts with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of M.A Anthropology course
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the B.A course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of M.A Anthropology course
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of the M.A Anthropology course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of M.A Anthropology course Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of M.A Anthropology course Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are made available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU MA Anthropology Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.