IGNOU M.A History Admission 2022 – Application Form, Fee, Eligibility criteria, Last Date
IGNOU M.A History Admission 2022: Check out the details regarding IGNOU M.A History Course 2021 – Eligibility, Application Form, Fee, Last Date of the exam in this article. Admission in IGNOU M.A program is offered on a direct trail since it is an open university and the number of seats for each course is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses should be applied online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU M.A History Admission Overview
The below table shows the information about the Term End Exam Form, Re-registration, Application form, and etc details.
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on|
|Re-registration||October to February|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission|
June session – March
Dec session – September
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
M.A History full form is Master of Arts in History
About IGNOU M.A History
The complete form of M.A History is the Master of Arts in History. It is a Graduate Degree Programme which is offered in January and July. It comes under the category of School of Social Studies (SOSS).
IGNOU M.A History Eligibility Criteria
Any Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized University.
B.A: Bachelors of Arts.
BPP: Bachelors of Preparatory Program.
Last Date for IGNOU M.A History Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|June Session||Application form available||In the month of March|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of March|
|Dec Session||Application form available||In the month of Sep|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU Bachelors of Arts History Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration of the student or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instructions to Fill B.A History Application Form Online
- The application form should be submitted online through the official IGNOU website
- The students are advised to download the prospectus and read the instructions carefully before filling up the form
- The students should remember their Username and Password for subsequent login
- The application fees may be paid by the below methods
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card (PNB)
Before filling the application form online, candidates must possess the following documents:
- Photograph (not more than 100 KB in size)
- Signature (not more than 100 KB in size)
- Age Proof
- Relevant Educational Qualification (not more than 400 KB in size)
- Experience Certificate (if any) (not more than 400 KB in size)
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (not more than 400 KB in size)
- BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(not more than 400 KB in size)
IGNOU BA History Course 2021
The below table shows the information about the course name and the fee structure.
|Courses||Fees (for full program)|
|M A History||Rs. 12000/- full course, Rs 6000/- per year|
|B A History||Rs. 9600/- full course, Rs 3200/- per year|
The M A History program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of studies.
MA History Courses
- Ancient and Medieval Societies 8
- Modern World 8
- Political Structures in India 8
- History of Indian Economy
- Western Political Thought
- Social and Political Thought in Modern India
- Evolution of Social Structures in India through the Ages
- History of Ecology and Environment: India
- Indian National Movement
- Urbanization in India
M.A History course Fee details
Fee Structure: Rs. 12000/- for the full program to be paid year wise @Rs. 6000/- per year, a Registration fee of Rs 200/- also has to be paid. The program fee must be paid only by means of a Debit Card/Credit Card online only.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Masters of Arts with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of M.A History
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of M.A History
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of the exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of M.A History Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at Delhi in the application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU M.A History Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.