IGNOU M.A Political Science Admission 2021: In this article, the details regarding IGNOU M.A Political Science Course 2021 – Eligibility, Fee, Application Form, Last Date of the exam are posted. Admission in IGNOU M.A program is offered on a direct trail since it is an open university and the number of seats for each course is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses should be applied online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU M.A Political Science Course Overview
The table which was mentioned below shows the information about Term End Exam Form submission, Re-registration, IGNOU exam form date, Revaluation results, results, etc.
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on|
|Re-registration||October to February|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||July session – May|
January session – October
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
M.A Political Science full form is Master of Arts in Political Science
About IGNOU M.A Political Science
The complete form of M.A in Political Science is Masters of Arts in Political Science. It is a Graduate Degree Programme which is offered in January and July. It comes under the category of School of Management Studies (SOMS). All the applicants without a formal qualification of 10+2 or its equivalent can take admission to the Bachelor of Arts program
IGNOU M.A Political Science Eligibility Criteria
Bachelors degree or a higher degree in any discipline from a recognized University
M.A: Masters of Arts.
BA: Bachelors of Arts.
Last Date for IGNOU M.A Political Science Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||November|
|Last date to fill the application||February|
|January Session||Application form available||May|
|Last date to fill the application||August/ September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU Masters of Arts Political Science Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration of the student or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instruction to Fill M.A Political Science Application Form Online
- First, you have to open the URL of the application.
- You have to complete the registration process by creating the ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ for you in the application.
- You will receive your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ through SMS and email to your registered phones.
- You have to login again to the system using your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’.
- From now, you can be able to fill your admission form online.
- You need to upload your recent photo there. You can upload your recent photo up to 100KB size in JPG format.
- You have to upload your signature. The size of your sign should not exceed the limit of 100KB size in JPG format.
- You have to upload scanned copies of the required documents. The maximum size for each and every document is limited to 400KB in JPG or PDF format.
- You have to read the declaration and check the ‘Declaration’ box after reading it carefully in the application.
- In this step, you have to check your data and confirm the details you have entered in the form.
- To pay the fee, you can use the Net Banking type. You can also pay your application fee through a Credit or Debit card.
- After making the payment, the confirmation message will be sent to you via SMS and email.
- You have to press the Next button to see the form preview.
- You need to Print or Save your filled in Registration Form for further use.
So, above are the steps to follow while filling the online application form.
And, the below table shows the information about Courses Name and Fee structure for the full program.
|Courses||Fees (for full programme)|
|MA Political Science||Rs. 9600/- full course,Rs 3200/- per year|
|Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)||Rs. 1,200/-|
The M A Political Science program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of studies.
MA Political Science Courses
- Political Theory
- International Relations: Theory and Problems
- India: Democracy and Development
- Comparative Politics: Issues and Trends
II Year (Choose 32 credits only)
- India and the World
- State and Society in Latin America
- Western Political Thought
- Social and Political Thought in Modern India
- State and Society in Africa
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- IGNOU Common Prospectus
- Social Movements and Politics in India
- State Politics in India
- Canada: Politics and Society
- The European Union in World Affairs
- State and Society in Australia
- Australia’s Foreign Policy
- Sustainable Development: Issues and Challenges
- Globalization and Environment
- Gandhi’s Political Thought
- Non-Violent Movements after Gandhi
- Gandhian Approach to Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Conflict Management, Transformation & Peace Building
- Human Security
- Civil Society, Political Regimes and Complications
M.A Political Science course Fee details
Fee Structure: A Rs. 12000/- for the full program to be paid year wise @Rs. 6000/- per year with the course fees Rs 3200/-, a Registration fee of Rs 200/- also has to be paid. The program fee must be paid only by means of a Debit Card/Credit Card online only.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Arts with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of M.A Political course
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the B.A course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement M.A Political Science course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of M.A Political Science Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of M.A Political Science course Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are made available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course that the students have to pay for applying the Re-evaluation process. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU M.A Political Science Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.