IGNOU M.A English Admission 2021 – Application Form, Fee details, Eligibility criteria, Last Date
IGNOU M.A English Admission 2021: Check out the details regarding IGNOU M.A English Course 2021 – Eligibility, Fee, Last Date, Application form of the exam in this article. Admission in IGNOU M.A program is offered on a direct trail since it is an open university and the number of seats for each course is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses should be applied online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU M.A English Course Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on|
|Re-registration||October to February|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||July session – May|
January session – October
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
M.A English full form is Master of Arts in English
About IGNOU M.A English
The complete form of M.A English is a Master of Arts in English. It is a Graduate Degree Programme which is offered in January and July. It comes under the category of School of Humanities (SOH).
IGNOU M.A English Eligibility Criteria
50% in Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized University.
M.A: Masters of Arts.
Last Date for IGNOU MA English Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of November|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of February|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of August/ September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU Masters of Arts English Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration of the student or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instruction to Fill M.A English Application Form Online
These are the steps that the candidates have to follow while filling the online application form.
- Step 1: First, you have to open the URL of the application.
- Step 2: You have to complete the registration process by creating the ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ for you in the application.
- Step 3: You will receive your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ through SMS and email to your registered phones.
- Step 4: You have to login again to the system using your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’.
- Step 5: From now, you can be able to fill your admission form online.
- Step 6: You need to upload your recent photo there. You can upload your recent photo up to 100KB size in JPG format.
- Step 7: You have to upload your signature. The size of your sign should not exceed the limit of 100KB size in JPG format.
- Step 8: You have to upload scanned copies of the required documents. The maximum size for each and every document is limited to 400KB in JPG or PDF format.
- Step 9: You have to read the declaration and check the ‘Declaration’ box after reading it carefully in the application.
- Step 10: In this step, you have to check your data and confirm the details you have entered in the form.
- Step 11: To pay the fee, you can use the Net Banking type. You can also pay your application fee through a Credit or Debit card.
- Step 12: After making the payment, the confirmation message will be sent to you via SMS and email.
- Step 13: You have to press the Next button to see the form preview.
- Step 14: You need to Print or Save your filled in Registration Form for further use.
IGNOU MA English Course 2020
IGNOU MA English course fee 2020
|Courses||Fees (for full program)|
|MA English||Rs.12000/- full course, Rs 6000/- per year|
|BA English||Rs 9600/- full course,Rs 3200/- per year|
The M A English program has many number of courses.
MA English Courses
Below is the list of the Core Courses, Compulsory Course, Optional Courses, etc.
- British Poetry
- British Drama
- British Novel
- Aspects of Language
- Literary Criticism and Theory
Optional Courses (Choose any three)
- American Literature
- Indian English Literature
- New Literatures in English
- Australian Literature
- English Studies in India
- American Novel
- A Survey Course in 20th Century Canadian Literature
- Writing from the Margins
- Contemporary Indian Literature in English Translation
- Comparative Literature: Theory and Practice
- Indian Folk Literature
M.A English course Fee details
Fee Structure: Rs. 12000/- for the full program to be paid year wise @Rs. 6000/- per year. The program fee must be paid only by means of a Debit Card/Credit Card online only.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Masters of Arts with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of M.A English course
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the B.A course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of M.A English course
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of the MA English course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center
Declaration of M.A English course Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of B.A English course Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are made available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU M.A English Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.
- Is IGNOU MA English is tough?
A) Yes, Initially I also found it tough. The IGNOU books will help for good assistance. So, you can order them online. British poetry is the toughest one.