IGNOU M.A Philosophy Admission 2021: In this article, the details regarding IGNOU M.A Philosophy Course 2021 – Fee, Application Form, Last Date, Eligibility of the exam are posted. Admission in IGNOU M.A program is offered on a direct process since it is an open university and the number of seats for each course is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses should be applied online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU M.A Philosophy Course Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission starts on|
|Re-registration||Oct to Feb|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||November|
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
M.A Philosophy full form is Master of Arts in Philosophy
About IGNOU M.A Philosophy
The complete form of M.A Philosophy is a Master of Arts in Philosophy. It is a Graduate Degree Programme which is offered in January and July. It comes under the category of School of Social Studies (SOSS).
IGNOU M.A Philosophy Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must have a Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized University
M.A: Master of Arts.
Last Date for IGNOU M.A Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of November|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of February|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of August/ September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – Cancelled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU Master of Arts in Philosophy Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – IGNOU
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration of the student or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instructions to Fill M.A Philosophy Application Form Online
- The application form should be submitted online through the official IGNOU website
- The students are advised to download the prospectus and read the instructions carefully before filling up the form
- The students should remember their Username and Password for subsequent login
- The application fees may be paid by the below methods
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net M.Anking
- ATM Card (PNB)
- Before filling the application form online, candidates must possess the following documents:
- Photograph (not more than 100 KB in size)
- Signature (not more than 100 KB in size)
- Age Proof
- Relevant Philosophyal Qualification (not more than 400 KB in size)
- Experience Certificate (if any) (not more than 400 KB in size)
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (not more than 400 KB in size)
- BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(not more than 400 KB in size)
IGNOU M.A Philosophy Course 2020
|Courses||Fees (for full program)|
|M.A Philosophy||Rs. 12000/- for the full course, Rs. 6000/- per year|
The M.A. (Philosophy) program comprises four groups of courses with differential weightage.
Subjects in M.A. (Philosophy)
- Indian Philosophy 8
Elective Courses (Choose any six)
- Philosophy of Human Person
- World Religions
- Dalit Philosophy
- Research Methodology in Philosophy
- Introduction to Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Western Philosophy
Elective Courses (Choose any six)
- Philosophy of Science and Cosmology
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Art (Aesthetics)
- Tribal Philosophy
- Philosophy of Technology
- Philosophy of Mind
- Gandhian Philosophy
- Philosophy of Sri Aurobindo
1)Those who get admission into M.A. (Philosophy) two years program may come out with Post Graduate Diploma in Philosophy after completion of 5 courses of the 1st year.
2) Students who are seeking lateral entry have to follow the procedure and payment for credit transfer as given by Student Registration Division.
IGNOU M.A Philosophy course Fee details
Rs. 12000/- for the full course, Rs. 6000/- per year, Students who are admitted for the first year shall have to register themselves for the second year by duly filling in the prescribed Re-Registration form of that year and submitting it to the Centre concerned along with the requisite fee to Program Study Centers
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Masters of Arts with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of IGNOU M.A Philosophy
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the Examination Form for taking the examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations.
Admit Card of IGNOU M.A Philosophy
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send admit card before the commencement of the exam.
Examination Centre of M.A Philosophy
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of Result of M.A Philosophy
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of IGNOU M.A Philosophy Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in the name of IGNOU and will be paid at Delhi in the application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
As per this article is concerned, if you have any queries and ask for any information regarding IGNOU M.A Philosophy Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.