IGNOU B.S.W Admission 2022: Check out the details regarding IGNOU B.S.W Course 2021 – Eligibility, Last Date, Fee, Application Form of the exam in this article. Admission to the IGNOU B.S.W program is offered on a direct basis since it is an open university and the number of seats for each program is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses is online and registration opens two times a year for January and June Session. Bachelor of Business Administration course duration is a 3-year undergraduate course in Business Management which is considered an ideal degree for students pursuing managerial roles and leadership positions in the future.
Content in this Article
IGNOU B.S.W Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on|
|Re-registration||October to February|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission|
June session – March
December session – Sep
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
B.S.W full form is Bachelor of Business Administration
About IGNOU B.S.W
The Bachelor Degree program in Social Work (BSW) is meant for candidates who are interested in providing professional help to people in need. Persons with professional training regarding job/ degree in Social Work generally work in socially-relevant areas such as health care, community development, education, industry, counseling, family, correction, social defense, women, children, disability, etc.
The final selection of the students for admission in the college is done after the entrance exam is conducted and on the day of admission, students give the documents necessary for admission.
- The candidate should have scored good results in the entrance test.
- The candidate must be eligible for admission.
- The candidate must have all the documents required.
IGNOU B.S.W Eligibility Criteria
Following are the conditions that are to be completed by the student to become eligible for IGNOU B.S.W admission:
- The aspirants must pass (12th) Secondary and Intermediate from a recognized board in humanities and science background.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST require at least 40% marks at the qualifying exams. This percentage may vary depending upon the college selected.
- Most admissions take place through the merit system and thus a good mark in the intermediate level is necessary to study in a good college.
B.P.P: Bachelor of Preparatory Program.
Last Date for IGNOU B.S.W Admission
The last date of IGNOU B.S.W Admission was mentioned below in a table format for the students.
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|June Session||Application form available||In the month of March|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of March|
|Dec Session||Application form available||In the month of Sep|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU B.S.W Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instructions to Fill B.S.W Admission Online
The admission process comprises of the following:
- Application for Entrance Exam
- Payment for Entrance Exam
- Practice Exam to prepare for Entrance Exam
- Online Entrance Exam
- Publishing of list of Shortlisted students on the website
- Filling up Online Form for Workplace by shortlisted students.
- Personal Interview of shortlisted students by Industry Partners offering Workplace.
Note: In-service students are not expected to fill up the online preference form.
- Admission Confirmation by filling up University Admission/Application Form and uploading documents for verification of eligibility by the University
- Payment of Fees by selected candidates
- Commencement of the program / Joining at Work provided by Industry Partner
IGNOU UG Courses 2022
|Course Name||Specializations||Eligibility Criteria||Course Fees|
|BSW||Bachelor of Social Work||12th or it’s an equal course or BPP from IGNOU||INR. 12,000|
The B.S.W program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of study.
IGNOU B.S.W Subjects
- Introduction to Social Work
- Social Science Foundation for Social Work
- Communication in Modern Indian Languages
- Human Growth and Behaviour
- Work with Individuals and Families
- Work with Groups
- Social Science Foundation for Social Work: Contemporary Development Studies
- Field Work (practical component related to core subjects)
- Gender Studies
- Community Organisation
- Social Policy
- Computer Applications
- Research Methods
- Social Work Administration
- Social Work Theories and Practice
- Life Skills
- Development and Communication
- Health and Nutrition / Child and Youth Studies (Elective)
- Social Exclusion and Inclusion / Global and Indian Social Movements (Elective)
IGNOU B.S.W Course Fee details
The student has to pay Rs. 12,000/- per year
- Rs. 3,500/- for First Year
- Rs. 3,400/- for Second Year
- Rs. 3,400/- for Third Year
Process of payment of program fees
Fees should be paid online at the time of admission.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Social; Work with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of BSW course
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the B.A course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of BSW course
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of B.S.W course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of BSW course Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of BSW course Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are made available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU B.S.W Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.
- Is IGNOU Degree is valid in the USA?
Yes, For all Indian Universities whether distance or regular, Online courses are valid worldwide and USA.