IGNOU M.C.A Admission 2021: Check out the details regarding IGNOU M.C.A Course 2021 – Eligibility, Application Form, Last Date, Duration, Fee of the exam in this article. The education in the IGNOU MCA program is offered on a direct basis since it is an open university and the number of seats for each program is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses is online and registration opens two times a year for January and June Session. Master’s of Computer Applications is a 3-year undergraduate course in Business Management which is an ideal degree for students doing managerial roles and leadership positions in the future.
Content in this Article
IGNOU M.C.A Course Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on|
|Re-registration||October to February|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||July session – May|
January session – October
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
M.C.A full form is Master of Computer Applications
About IGNOU M.C.A
The initial idea of the program is to open a way of M.C.A admission for computing courses for
students, who have done the 12th and are interested in taking computing/IT as a career. After getting the Bachelor’s Degree (BCA) at IGNOU, there is an opportunity for students to go for an MCA at IGNOU. A student may be able to get an entry-level job in the field of IT on successful completion of M.C.A.
IGNOU M.C.A Admission Eligibility Criteria
M.C.A(Master of Computer Applications) Degree Eligibility
Any Bachelor’s degree of minimum three-year duration from a recognized University and Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or graduation level.
Last Date for IGNOU M.C.A Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of November|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of February|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of August/ September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU M.C.A Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instruction to Fill M.C.A Admission Application Online
The admission process comprises of the following:
- Application for Entrance Exam
- Payment for Entrance Exam
- Practice the Exam to prepare for the Entrance Examination
- Online Entrance Exam
- Publishing of list of Shortlisted students on the website
- Filling up Online Form for Workplace by shortlisted students.
- Personal Interview of shortlisted students by Industry Partners offering Workplace.
Note: In-service students are not expected to fill up the online preference form.
- Admission should be Confirmed by filling up University Admission Form and uploading documents for verification of eligibility by the University
- Payment of Fees by selected candidates
- Commencement of the program / Joining at Work provided by Industry Partner
For more details regarding the admission process CLICK HERE
IGNOU UG Courses 2020
|Course Type||Course Name||Selection Basis|
|Master’s Degree||Bachelor’s degree with a 3-year duration from a recognized University and Mathematics as one of the core subject at 12th level or graduation level; else the student is required to pursue and pass the BCS12 course concurrently with MCA.||Marks in bachelors degree|
|B.C. A / B. A / B.Sc / B.Com / B.LI.S|
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Passed 12th exams or equivalent in relevant stream or subjects.
The MCA program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of study.
IGNOU M.C.A Subjects
- Problem Solving and Programming
- Computer Organization and Assembly Language Programming
- Discrete Mathematics
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Communication Skills
- Internet Concepts and Web Design
- C and Assembly Language Programming Lab
- Data and File Structures
- Operating System Concepts and Networking Management
- Introduction to Database Management Systems
- Object-Oriented Technologies and Java Programming
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Advanced Discrete Mathematics
- Software Engineering
- Accountancy and Financial Management
- Operating Systems
- Data Communication and Computer Networks
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- Mini Project
- Lab (UNIX and Oracle)
- Advanced Internet Technologies
- Principles of Management and Information Systems
- Computer Graphics and Multimedia
- Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Management
- Numerical and Statistical Computing
- Parallel Computing
IGNOU M.C.A course Fee details
- Rs. 72,000/- for the full course to be paid every semester wise @Rs. 12000/- per semester. For the students who don’t have Maths, students have to pay Rs.1,400/- additional in the first semester.
Process of payment of program fees
Fees should be paid online at the time of admission to the college.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Computer Applications with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of M.C.A course
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the B.A course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of M.C.A course
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of the MCA course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of M.C.A course Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of M.C.A course Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are made available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU M.C.A Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.