IGNOU B.A Sociology Admission [year[ – Application Form, Fee, Last Date
In this article the details regarding IGNOU B.A Sociology Admission 2022, Fee, Eligibility, Application Form, Last Date of the exam are posted. Admission in IGNOU B. A program is offered on a direct process since it is an open university and the number of seats for each course is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses should be applied online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU B.A Sociology Admission Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission starts on|
|Re-registration||October to February|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission|
June session – March
Dec session – Sep
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
B.A Sociology full form is Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
About IGNOU B.A Sociology
The full form of B. A Sociology is Bachelor of Arts in Sociology. It is a Graduate Degree Programme which is offered in January and July. It comes under the category of School of Management Studies (SOMS). All the applicants without a formal qualification of 10+2 or its equivalent can take admission to the Bachelor of Arts program
IGNOU B.A Sociology Eligibility Criteria
The student should have a 10+2 qualification is eligible for admission. The students who don’t have 12th but if they have completed Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP) from IGNOU university are also eligible for admission.
B.A: Bachelors of Arts in Sociology.
BPP: Bachelor of Preparatory Program.
Last Date for IGNOU B.A Sociology Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of November|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of February|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of August/ September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU Bachelors of Arts Sociology Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration of the student or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instruction to Fill B.A Sociology Application Form Online
The admission process comprises of the following:
- Application for Entrance Exam
- Payment for Entrance Exam
- Practice the Exam to prepare for the Entrance Examination
- Online Entrance Exam
- Publishing of list of Shortlisted students on the website
- Filling up Online Form for Workplace by shortlisted students.
- Personal Interview of shortlisted students by Industry Partners offering Workplace.
Note: In-service students are not expected to fill up the online preference form.
- Admission should be Confirmed by filling up University Admission Form and uploading documents for verification of eligibility by the University
- Payment of Fees by selected candidates
- Commencement of the program / Joining at Work provided by Industry Partner
IGNOU BA Sociology Course 2020
|Courses||Fees (for full programme)|
|BA Sociology||Rs. 9600|
|Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)||Rs. 1,200/-|
The B A Sociology program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of study.
BA Sociology Subjects
- Introduction to Sociology I
- Sociology of India – I
- Introduction to Sociology II
- Sociology of India – II
- Political Sociology
- Sociology of Religion
- Sociology of Gender
- Economic Sociology
- Sociology of Kinship
- Social Stratification
- Sociological Thinkers -I
- Sociological Research Methods -I
- Sociological Thinkers -II
- Sociological Research Methods -II
DISCIPLINE SPECIFIC COURSES
- Urban Sociology
- Indian Sociological Traditions
- Environmental Sociology
- Reading Ethnographies
- Tribal Cultures of India
- Visual Anthropology
ABILITY ENHANCEMENT COURSES
- Environmental Studies
- English Communication
- Hindi Bhasha Aur Samprashan
SKILL ENHANCEMENT COURSES
- Techniques of Ethnographic Film Making
GENERIC ELECTIVE COURSES
- Indian Society: Images and Realities
- Rethinking Development
B.A Sociology course Fee details
A total of Rs 9600/- and Rs 1800/- for Practical, is to be paid for the Bachelor of Arts
Sociology Honours Programme. The breakup of fees is Rs 3200/- per year and Rs 600/- for
Practical, every year. In the first year, in addition to Rs 3200/-, a Registration fee of Rs 200/-
also has to be paid. The program fee should be paid only by means of Debit Card/Credit
Card through online mode only. The fee once paid is not given back.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Arts with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of B.A Sociology
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of B.A Sociology
The University will send an admit card before the commencement of the exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of B.A Sociology Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of B.A Sociology Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at Delhi in the application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
As per this article is concerned, if you have any queries and ask for any information regarding IGNOU B.A Sociology Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.