In this article, the details regarding IGNOU B.Sc Anthropology Admission 2022, Eligibility, Fee, Application Form, Duration, Last Date of the exam are posted. Admission in the IGNOU B.Sc program is offered on a direct process since it is an open university and the number of seats for each course is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses should be applied online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU B.Sc Anthropology Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on|
|Re-registration||Oct to Feb|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission|
July session – May
January session – October
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
B.Sc Anthropology full form is Bachelor of Science in Anthropology
About IGNOU B.Sc Anthropology
The complete form of B.Sc Anthropology is Bachelor’s of Science in Anthropology. It is a Graduate Degree Programme which is offered in January and July. It comes under the category of School of Management Studies (SOMS). All the applicants without a formal qualification of 10+2 or its equivalent can take admission to the Bachelor of Arts program
IGNOU B.Sc Anthropology Eligibility Criteria
The student should have a 10+2 qualification is eligible for admission. The students who don’t have 12th but if they have completed Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP) from IGNOU university are also eligible for admission.
B.A: Bachelors of Arts in Anthropology.
BPP: Bachelor of Preparatory Program.
Last Date for IGNOU B.Sc Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|June Session||Application form available||In the month of March|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of March|
|Dec Session||Application form available||In the month of Sep|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU B.Sc Anthropology Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration of the student or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instruction to Fill B.Sc Anthropology Application Form Online
The admission process comprises of the following:
- Application for Entrance Exam
- Payment for Entrance Exam
- Practice the Exam to prepare for the Entrance Examination
- Online Entrance Exam
- Publishing of list of Shortlisted students on the website
- Filling up Online Form for Workplace by shortlisted students.
- Personal Interview of shortlisted students by Industry Partners offering Workplace.
Note: In-service students are not expected to fill up the online preference form.
- Admission should be Confirmed by filling up University Admission Form and uploading documents for verification of eligibility by the University
- Payment of Fees by selected candidates
- Commencement of the program / Joining at Work provided by Industry Partner
IGNOU B.Sc Anthropology Course 2020
|Courses||Fees (for full program)|
|B.Sc Anthropology||Rs. 9600|
|Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)||Rs. 1,200/-|
The B.Sc Anthropology program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of studies.
B.Sc Anthropology Subjects
- Introduction to Biological Anthropology
- Introduction to Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Archaeological Anthropology
- Fundamentals of Human Origin & Evolution
- Tribes and Peasants in India
- Human Ecology: Biological And Cultural Dimensions
- Biological Diversity in Human Populations
- Theories of Culture and Society
- Human Growth and Development
- Research Methods
- Human Population Genetics
- Anthropology in Practice
- Forensic Anthropology
- Anthropology of India
DISCIPLINE SPECIFIC COURSES
- Physiological Anthropology:
- Tribal Cultures of India
- Urban Anthropology
- Visual Anthropology
- Dissertation: Anthropology (Physical & Social)
- Reading Ethnographies
ABILITY ENHANCEMENT COURSES
- Environmental Studies
- English Communication
- Hindi Bhasha Aur Samprashan
SKILL ENHANCEMENT COURSES
- Developing Emotional Competence
- Data Analysis
GENERIC ELECTIVE COURSES
- Disaster Management
- Gender Sensitization: Society and Culture
- Psychology For Health and Well-Being
B.Sc Anthropology course Fee details
Fee Structure: A total of Rs 15,600/- to be paid year wise Rs 5200/- per year, along with a
Registration fee of Rs 200/- in the first year. The Programme fee has to be paid via Debit/Credit Card through online mode only. Fees once paid is not refundable
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Science with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of B.Sc Anthropology course
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the B.A course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of B. Sc Anthropology course
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of B. A course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of B.Sc Anthropology course Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of B.Sc Anthropology course Answer Script(s)
The students, who have not disagreed with the grade/marks awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are made available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of /grades and marks/Original Marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU B.Sc Anthropology Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.