ICSI Merit Scholarship: The Institute provides ICSI Merit Scholarships to meritorious students based on their performance in the Institute’s examination. Students who are belonging to SC/ST are required to pay only half the fee paid from other applicants. ICSI gives scholarships for CS Students on the Merit-Cum basis.
Content in this Article
About ICSI Merit Scholarship Scheme
The scheme is intended to recognize meritorious performance in the Institute’s examinations and accordingly provide scholarships to meritorious candidates to pursue studies for the Executive Program/Intermediate and Professional Program/Final examinations of the Company Secretaryship course. The scheme is called the “Merit Scholarship (Company Secretaryship Course) Scheme, 1983”.
Date of Commencement of ICSI Merit Scholarship Scheme
The scheme came into existence on 1st March 1983.
Who will provide ICSI Merit Scholarship
The Examination Committee of the Council shall be the administering authority of the scheme.
Award Of ICSI Merit Scholarship
The merit scholarship shall be granted purely in order of merit only to a registered student for the Executive Program/Intermediate or Professional Program/Final examination, as the case may be.
For Executive Program/Intermediate Course
The candidate should
- have passed all the papers of Foundation Program examination at one sitting, in the first attempt, without exemption in any paper and secured at least a minimum of 55 percent marks in the aggregate; and
- have applied for registration as a student of the Institute by making an application in the prescribed form(s) together with the requisite registration fee within three months from the date of declaration of his/her result of the Foundation Program examination.
For Professional Program/Final Course
The candidate should have passed all the papers included under both modules/groups of Executive Program/Intermediate examination at one sitting, in the first attempt, without exemption in any paper, and secured at least a minimum of 55 percent marks in the aggregate.
Number Of Scholarships
- For Executive Program/Intermediate Course: The number of scholarships for the Executive Program/Intermediate course shall not exceed 25 in each session or 50 in a year.
- For Professional Program/Final Course: The number of scholarships for the Professional Program/Final course shall not exceed 25 in each session or 50 in a year.
However, if the number of candidates eligible for scholarships is more than the number of scholarships available at any particular session, the Institute may award a stipulated number of scholarships in order of merit of marks obtained, same time dividing the total scholarship amount equally in some or all cases.
Amount of Scholarship provided
The amount of full scholarship per student will be Rs 750 per month.
Duration Of ICSI Merit Scholarship
The grant of the scholarship shall commence from the month following the month of declaration of results of the Foundation Program/Foundation or Executive Program/Intermediate exam and shall last up to and including the month in which the candidate, for the first time, be normally eligible to appear in the next immediate Executive Program/ Intermediate/ Professional Program/ Final exam, as the case may be, OR 12 months whichever is very early.
Conditions for Continuance of ICSI Merit Scholarship
The scholarship shall continue for a period, subject to the following conditions:
- that the student consciously all the requirements and diligently pursues the studies and complies with formalities as may be specified by the Institute from time to time;
- that his/her progress in pursuing postal/oral coaching shall be regular and satisfactory, and subject to review by the Institute on a quarterly basis; and
- that the conduct of the student being found satisfactory, as given in Regulation 27.
Announcement Regarding Award of Scholarship
The Institute may notify through “Student Company Secretary” and “Foundation Course” E-Bulletins at least once every six months normally in the months of April/May and October/November issues regarding the award of scholarship for each session.
Communication with Students about ICSI Merit Scholarship
The decision with considering to the award of scholarships will be communicated individually to the awardees and also published in the E-Bulletin “Student Company Secretary”.
Payment of Scholarship
The scholarship amount will normally be paid to each awardee at the beginning of each month for the previous month by way of a crossed account payee cheque/demand draft/electronic mode subject to his/her fulfilling the conditions with regard to the award of scholarship.
Cancellation of ICSI Merit Scholarship
The scholarship may be recovered, withdrawn, or canceled, at the Institute, if at any time it is found that:
- the student is not pursuing postal/oral coaching or course of studies to the satisfaction of the Institute or otherwise considered not eligible for the scholarship;
- his/her conduct has not been found satisfactory in pursuance of regulation 27 of the ‘Company Secretaries Regulations, 1982’.
The decision of the Examination Committee Final
- The decision of the Examination Committee shall be final on all matters relating to the scheme, including the meaning and interpretation to be given with regard to any provision contained in the scheme.
- The Examination Committee reserves the right to change the scheme from time to time or repeal it without any prior notice.
ICSI Merit Scholarship – Awarded Students
- List of Awardees (June 2017)
- List of Awardees (Dec 2017)
- List of Awardees (June 2018)
- List of Awardees (December 2018)
- List of Awardees (June 2019)
For more details of the ICSI Merit Scholarship follow our articles on our website. Also, go through our article ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance to know more about ICSI Merit Scholarship. Drop your emails for sending quick updates regarding ICSI Scholarships.