The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, ICSI has announced the application of the Merit cum Means assistance scheme for the students who cleared CS December 2019 examinations. Interested and eligible candidates should apply for the ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance Scheme before 26th May 2020.
ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance
The Institute awards Merit cum Means Assistance to the meritorious students based on their performance in the Institute’s Examination. Merit cum Means assistance is given to Economically Weaker Students (EWS) to enable them to pursue the course. Interested students must check the eligibility criteria laid down under the said scheme to opt for the ICSI assistance scheme.
ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance for Dec 2019 attempt is announced – Announcement
ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Any candidate fulfilling the conditions provided herein is eligible to apply for the award of financial assistance under this scheme.
Award of Assistance: The financial assistance will be granted only to a registered student.
Assistance for Executive Programme/Intermediate Course:
The candidate should
- have passed all the papers of Foundation Programme/Foundation examination at one sitting, in the first attempt, without claiming exemption in any paper, and secured a minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate;
- have applied for registration as a student of the Institute by making the application in the prescribed form(s) together with the requisite registration fee and also for financial assistance in the form appended hereto within three months from the date of declaration of his/her result of the Foundation Program/Foundation examination;
- have an income (if employed or is having an independent source of income) of not more than ₹2,40,000 in a year if living on his/her independent income OR if he/she is dependent on his/her parents/guardian/spouse whether partially or wholly, a combined income from all sources of not more than ₹3,60,000 in a year; and have no other source from which assistance/scholarship is received simultaneously while pursuing the course for company secretaryship.
Assistance for Professional Programme/Final Course
The candidate should
- be a bonafide registered student of the Institute;
- have passed all the papers included under both modules/groups of Executive Program/ Intermediate examination in the first attempt, at one sitting, without claiming exemption in any paper, and secured a minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate;
- have an income (if employed or is having an independent source of income) of not more than ₹2,40,000 in a year if living on his/her independent income OR if he/she is dependent on his/her parents/guardian/spouse whether partially or wholly, a combined income from all sources of not more than ₹3,60,000 in a year; and
- have no other source from which any assistance/scholarship is received simultaneously while pursuing the course for company secretaryship.
Refund of Registration Fee to Ineligible Candidates
- The registration fees will be refunded, after deducting ₹25 towards administrative charges, if a candidate decides not to pursue the company secretaryship course consequent upon non-grant of financial assistance.
- No refund of the registration fee shall, however, be made to a registered student who has been found eligible for grant of/granted assistance.
Duration of ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance
The financial assistance for a period of 10 months shall commence from the month following the
month of declaration of result and on registration as a student and last up to and including the month in which the candidate for the first time normally becomes eligible to appear in
immediate Executive/Professional Program examination, as the case may be.
However, if a candidate registers himself/herself immediately after the declaration of results in the same month itself, he/she shall also be eligible for grant of exemption from payment of Education Fee from that month.
Procedure for applying for ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance
Application for seeking financial assistance shall be made by a candidate in the form appended
hereto accompanied by:
- attested copies of certificates, mark-sheets, etc. in support of his/her qualifications; and
- income certificate clearly indicating monthly as well as yearly income of the candidate
and/or his/her parents/guardian/spouse in the enclosed form or as specified by the Institute from time to time.
The application complete in all respect should reach the Institute on or before the last date as
may be notified in the “Student Company Secretary” and “Foundation Course” E-Bulletins.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the last date in the Institute may not be
For complete Guidelines of ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance – [su_button url=”https://www.icsi.edu/media/website/Guidelines%20merit%20cum%20means.pdf” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#5aa7bc” size=”5″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: list-ul” icon_color=”#b71603″]Guidelines[/su_button]
Application for ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance
ICSI has released an application for attaining ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance. The application form is given below for downloading. Before filling the application read the procedure and fill the application carefully.
Download Application Form [su_button url=”https://examupdates.in/wp-admin/post.php?post=68932&action=edit” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#bc5b5a” size=”5″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: file-pdf-o” icon_color=”#1b1012″]Application Form[/su_button]
For more details regarding ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance follow our articles in our website https://examupdates.in/. If you have any doubt in filling the application form of Merit cum Means Assistance, contact us through comment section. Drop ur emails for many more details regarding ICSI Merit cum Means Assistance.