Check out UPSC Mains Statistics Reference Books 2021 for Civil Services / IAS / IPS / IES exams. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Notification 2021 and UPSC Mains Statistics Question Papers 2020. Now we are providing UPSC Mains Statistics books for reference. Here we suggested famous IAS books with author and publication name for UPSC 2021 exam. Following are the Statistics books are in Hindi medium and English. In our next article, we’ll provide UPSC Mains Statistics Notes in pdf.
Also Check :
- UPSC Mains Statistics Syllabus
- UPSC Mains Statistics Previous Question Papers [2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013]
- UPSC Prelims Syllabus & Topics – IAS Prelims Exam Pattern
Content in this Article
IAS Mains Statistics Exam Date 2021
IAS Mains Exam Update 2021: The Civil Services IAS Mains Exam will be held in June 2021. The Exam will be in two sessions, the morning session will be held between 9 AM and 12 PM while the evening sessions will be held between 12 PM and 5 PM.
UPSC IAS Mains Statistics Exam 2021 will be held in June 2021
For more details about UPSC Exam Schedule, Date & Time
UPSC Mains Statistics Reference Books 2021
- An Introduction to Probability Theory & Mathematical Statistics -V K Rohtagi
- An Outline of Statistical Theory (2 Vol.) -A M Goon, M K Gupta and B .Dass Gupta
- Fundamentals of Applied Statistics-S C Gupta and V K Kapoor – Buy from Amazon.in
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics – SC Gupta – Buy from Amazon.in
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics-A C Gupta and V K Kapoor
- Fundamentals of Statistics (2 Vol.)- A M Goon, M K Gupta and B Dass Gupta – Buy from Amazon.in
- Introductory Probability and Statistical Applications – Paul Meyer
- Sampling Techniques-William G. Cochran – Buy from Amazon.in
- Sampling Theory of Surveys with applications – B. V Sukhatme & B V Sukhatme – Buy from Amazon.in
About Statistics Subject in UPSC Mains Exam
UPSC Mains Statistics optional subject is a branch of mathematics dealing with the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data. In applying statistics to, e.g., a scientific, industrial, or social problem, it is conventional to begin with a statistical population or a statistical model process to be studied. Populations can be diverse topics such as “all people living in a country” or “every atom composing a crystal.” Statistics deals with all aspects of data including the planning of data collection in terms of the design of surveys and experiments.
Why UPSC Reference Books / Suggested Books are Important
UPSC Reference Books can provide general background information (facts, definitions, dates, details), assistance in focusing your topic, quick access to important factual and statistical information, and references to other sources of information. It is therefore a good place to begin your research. Reference materials for UPSC IAS / IFS / IPS / IES Exams include almanacs, handbooks, encyclopedias, and dictionaries. To Prepare, UPSC Exams students should refer some suggested books by toppers. We’ve provided few recommended books for IAS Preparation. These are books suggested by IAS Toppers.
View & Get complete set of Reference Books for IAS Mains Statistics subject 2021. We’ve provided the list of recommended books for IAS Mains Statistics Paper. Share this article “UPSC Mains Statistics Reference Books 2021 – IAS / IPS / IES” to other UPSC IAS / IES / IFS Aspirants and help them to crack UPSC Exams.