Check out UPSC Mains Statistics Reference Books 2022 for Civil Services / IAS / IPS / IES exams. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Notification 2022 and UPSC Mains Statistics Question Papers 2021, 2020, 2019. Now we are providing UPSC Mains Statistics books for reference. Here we suggested famous IAS books with author and publication name for UPSC 2022 exam. Following are the Statistics books are in Hindi medium and English. In our next article, we’ll provide UPSC Mains Statistics Notes in pdf.
Also Check :
- UPSC Mains Statistics Syllabus
- UPSC Mains Statistics Previous Question Papers [2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013]
- UPSC Prelims Syllabus & Topics – IAS Prelims Exam Pattern
Content in this Article
IAS Mains Statistics Exam Date 2022
IAS Mains Exam Update 2022: The Civil Services IAS Mains Exam will be held in September 2022. The Exam will be in two sessions, the morning session will be held between 9 AM and 12 PM while the evening sessions will be held between 12 PM and 5 PM.
UPSC IAS Mains Statistics Exam 2022 will be held in 16th September 2022.
For more details about UPSC Exam Schedule, Date & Time
UPSC Mains Statistics Reference Books 2022
Here we have given the list of Reference Books of UPSC Mains Statistics. Refer these books for your preparation. These reference materials are very useful to the UPSC aspirants. The reference books are helpful for both Prelims and Mains Exam of UPSC. The best IAS books can vary from candidate to candidate depending on their previous expertise and knowledge of the subject matter.
It is important for the candidates to select the books for UPSC IAS preparation among the vast amount of study materials available both online and offline.
- An Introduction to Probability Theory & Mathematical Statistics -V K Rohtagi
- An Outline of Statistical Theory (2 Vol.) -A M Goon, M K Gupta and B .Dass Gupta
- Fundamentals of Applied Statistics-S C Gupta and V K Kapoor – Buy from Amazon.in
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics – SC Gupta – Buy from Amazon.in
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics-A C Gupta and V K Kapoor
- Fundamentals of Statistics (2 Vol.)- A M Goon, M K Gupta and B Dass Gupta – Buy from Amazon.in
- Introductory Probability and Statistical Applications – Paul Meyer
- Sampling Techniques-William G. Cochran – Buy from Amazon.in
- Sampling Theory of Surveys with applications – B. V Sukhatme & B V Sukhatme – Buy from Amazon.in
About Statistics Subject in UPSC Mains Exam
UPSC Mains Statistics optional subject is a branch of mathematics dealing with the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data. In applying statistics to, e.g., a scientific, industrial, or social problem, it is conventional to begin with a statistical population or a statistical model process to be studied. Populations can be diverse topics such as “all people living in a country” or “every atom composing a crystal.” Statistics deals with all aspects of data including the planning of data collection in terms of the design of surveys and experiments.
Why UPSC Reference Books / Suggested Books are Important
UPSC Reference Books can provide general background information (facts, definitions, dates, details), assistance in focusing your topic, quick access to important factual and statistical information, and references to other sources of information. It is therefore a good place to begin your research. Reference materials for UPSC IAS / IFS / IPS / IES Exams include almanacs, handbooks, encyclopedias, and dictionaries. To Prepare, UPSC Exams students should refer some suggested books by toppers. We’ve provided few recommended books for IAS Preparation. These are books suggested by IAS Toppers.
View & Get complete set of Reference Books for IAS Mains Statistics subject 2022. We’ve provided the list of recommended books for IAS Mains Statistics Paper. Share this article “UPSC Mains Statistics Reference Books 2022 – IAS / IPS / IES” to other UPSC IAS / IES / IFS Aspirants and help them to crack UPSC Exams.