TISSNET Application Form 2020: Check out the details of TISSNET 2019 Admissions, Application Form, Application Fee, Eligibility Criteria, Dates, Admit Card, Result, Exam Pattern & Syllabus, Selection Process. TISSNET is the national level entrance exam conducted by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) for Post Graduation Courses (TISSNET एप्लीकेशन फॉर्म). The Institute offers M.A. / M.Sc. / M.P.H./ M.H.A. Courses. TISSNET Exam 2019 was conducted on January 10, 2020, and the final results will be declared on 4th Feb 2020. The candidates who have qualified in the entrance test will be called for Interview on prescribed dates.
Eligible candidates can apply for the admissions on the official website of the Institute. Through this article, you can get all the information about TISSNET Course Details, Dates, etc.
Also, read the following links for better information on the Entrance Test Topics.
- FSM MBA Admissions Application Form, Registration, Date, Eligibility, Fee, Selection Process
- GIM Admissions Application Form, Registration, Date, Eligibility, Fee, Selection Process
TISSNET full form is Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Level Entrance Test
Content in this Article
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is a multi-campus public funded research university in Mumbai, India. TISS is Asia’s oldest institute for professional social work education and was founded in 1936 in then Bombay Presidency of British India as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work by the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. In 1944, the institute was officially renamed as the Tata Institute of Social Sciences and in 1964, the Government of India declared TISS as a Deemed University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act (UGC), 1956.
TISS’s academic programs focus on the Social Sciences and offer doctoral degrees in Management and Labour Studies, Disaster Studies, Development Studies, Education, Gender Studies, Health Studies, Law, Media, and Cultural Studies, Public Policy, Rural Development, and Social Work.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked the Tata Institute of Social Sciences 49 overall in India and 32 among universities in India in 2020.
TISSNET Application Form 2020 Exam Dates
|Availability of Application Form||18th October 2019|
|Last Date for Online Application submission||9th December 2019|
|Last Date of Receipt of Application by post||3rd December 2019|
|Issue of Hall Ticket(Online)||20th December 2019|
|TISSNET 2020 Exam||4th January 2020|
|Announcement of Result||4th February 2020|
|Pre Interview Test and Personal Interview||11th-21st March 2020|
|Announcement of Merit List||21st April 2020|
|Online Documents uploading & payment of Fees by the selected candidate||23rd April to 4th May 2020|
|Announcement of 1st Wait List for all Programmes||11th May 2020|
|Online Documents uploading & payment of Fees by the selected candidates from Wait list 1||11th-18th May 2020|
|In Person original Document Verification and Payment of Fees||19th-30th May 2020|
|Closing of Admission||10th June 2020|
Previous Year Dates
|Applications will be available from||October 30|
|Last Date to submit the Application Form||December 10, 2018|
|TISSNET Exam Date||January 13, 2019|
|TISSNET Result Date||February 11, 2019|
|Pre-Interview Test & Personal Interview Test||March 5th – 15th 2019 (Mumbai)|
March 16th – 19th 2019 (Tuljapur)
March 25th – 28th 2019 (Hyderabad)
April 1st – 4th 2019 (Guwahati)
|Final TISSNET 2019||April 22, 2019|
|Document Verification and Payment of Fee||April 24th – May 8th, 2019|
|Closing of Admission||8th June 2019|
|Commencement of 2019-21 Session||10th June 2019|
TISSNET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have passed Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST) from any recognized University.
- Candidates of the final year are also eligible to apply.
- There is no age limit.
TISSNET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill the application form on the official website of the Institute. Here are the steps to be followed while filling the application form. The application can be filled online or offline.
- Visit the official website of the Institute. admissions.tiss.edu.
- Candidates have to register themselves, before filling the online application form.
- Click on “Apply Online”.
- Enter your E-Mail ID, Password, Mobile Number, Captcha for primary registration.
- After registration is completed, a new user ID and password will be generated.
- Login with ID and password and fill the details in the form such as Educational Qualifications, Date of Birth and other required details.
- Upload the required documents as mentioned in the application form.
- Online Payment can be done through Debit Card/ Credit Card/Net Banking etc.
- Visit the official website of the Institute. admissions.tiss.edu.
- Download the application form and fill the details in the application form.
- Send the duly filled application with a Demand Draft to the Institute Address.
TISSNET 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card of TISSNET will be available for the applicants one week before the exam commences. The Admit Card was released on December 28, 2019. Candidates can download the admit cards from the official website. Admit Cards are not sent through the post, it is only through online mode. So candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form for attending the entrance exam. The admit card contains the details, please check the fields mentioned in the admit card are correct or not.
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Date and Time of the Exam
- Exam Centre
TISSNET 2020 Result
TISSNET Application Form: Results of TISSNET were announced in February 2020. The results are based on the merit list. Candidates can check out their results on the official website through online mode. Candidates who ranked in the merit list can go for the Counselling Process.
- To check out the results, candidates should visit the official website.
- Click on the “Admissions” tab and click on the results section.
- Applicants should log in with ID and password.
- After the login details, the required result will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a printout of the results for any future reference.
TISSNET 2020 Selection Process
The Selection of candidates for the Admission Process will be as follows :
- Candidates will be selected based on the score obtained in the TISSNET Exam.
- Qualified Candidates will be called for Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- The final selection of candidates will be done based on the performance in GD & PI, Academic record.
TISSNET 2020 Exam Pattern
- The Exam is the Computer-based Test.
- There will be 3 sections in the Exam.
- A total of 100 Multiple Choice Questions will be asked in the Exam.
- Duration of the Exam is 1 hour 40 minutes.
- 1 mark will be awarded for the correct answer.
- No Negative Marking for the wrong answer.
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus
TISSNET Application Form & Syllabus contains the following topics :
|Mathematical & Logical Reasoning||30||30|
TISSNET 2020 Cut Off Marks
- Cut Off Marks are declared along with results only.
- Minimum qualifying marks are required for the candidates to go the next rounds of the admission process.
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
|For General/OBC Candidates||45%|
The following factors determine the TISSNET Cut Off
- Previous Year Cut Off Marks
- The difficulty of the Exam
- Number of candidates appeared for the Exam
TISSNET 2020 Admission Process
TISSNET Application Form: Successful Candidates of Final Selection will be intimated on the official website of the Institute. Candidates have to pay the first installment of fee by the given deadline after the admission seat is offered.
The following documents are to be submitted at the time of the admission process :
- Aadhar Card
- Category Certificate
- Transfer and Migration Certificate
- TISSNET Score Card and Admit Card
- One set of all photocopies of all documents.
- Provisional Certificates
- Marks Sheets of X, XII & Graduation
- Graduation and College Leave Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs.
Hope this article will be useful for the candidates to get the details of the TISSNET Application Form, Fee (TISSNET आवेदन शुल्क), Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, Admission Process. If you have any queries, please mention it in the comment box. Share this article with your friends. Click on allow notifications options on our website to get the latest updates of Exam Updates.