IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2021: Check out the details regarding IGNOU B.Ed Course 2021 – Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Application Form, Last Date of the exam in this article. Admission in IGNOU B.Ed program is offered on a direct basis since it is an open university and the number of seats for each program is unlimited. The application mode for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses is online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU B.Ed Course Overview
|Course Name||Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)|
|Minimum duration||2 years|
|Maximum Duration||5 years|
|Course Fee||Rs 50,000|
|Age bar||No limits|
|Eligibility||Graduate + Work Experience|
|Medium of Instruction||English and Hindi|
|Examination fee||Rs 120/ course|
B.Ed full form is Bachelor of Education
About IGNOU B.Ed
Admission to the B.Ed program is an entrance-based test conducted by the university at different places all over India. The applicants are required to submit a filled application form along with mark sheets as given in the application form. The original documents are to be presented after the entrance exam at the time of admission.
The final selection of the students for admission to the college is done after the entrance exam is conducted and on the day of admission, students give the documents necessary for admission.
- The candidate should have scored good results in the entrance test.
- The candidate must be eligible for admission.
- The candidate must have all the documents required.
IGNOU Bachelor of Education Admission Eligibility Criteria
- a) at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with a specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent there.
- b) The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed (ODL):
(i) Trained teachers in elementary education.
(ii) Candidates who have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education course through face-to-face mode.
(iii) The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
(iv) Masters’ Degree given without a first degree is not acceptable for purpose of Academics in IGNOU.
(v) Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
B.Ed: Bachelors of Education.
Last Date for IGNOU B. A Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of November|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of February|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of August/ September|
B.Ed Important Dates 2021
|B.Ed Entrance Exam Application Date||2nd Mar 2021|
|B.Ed Entrance Exam Application Last Date||25th, Mar 2021|
|Hall Ticket Release Date||1st Week of April 2021|
|B.Ed Entrance Exam 2021||11th April 2021|
|Results Declaration 2021||July 5th, 2021|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU B.Ed Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instruction to Fill B.Ed Application Form Online
- If you are applying for the first time you are advised to click the available program tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the B.Ed (Bachelors of Education) and carefully read the details of the B.Ed program including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc.
- You are also asked to download the Common Prospectus and read carefully the Rules of the University as available in the prospectus.
- Click on the NEW REGISTRATION that appears in the login area and fill in the registration details.
- Remember, while taking your UserName it must be between 8 to 16 characters.
- While applying your password it must be the combination of alphabet and numeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After typing the relevant information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be sent to you via e-mail and SMS instantly.
- Remember your Username and Password for login.
- If you are an existing user click the “Log in” button on the screen.
- Before proceeding with filling the form online the applicant must have scanned copies of the following:-
- Passport Photo (less than 100 KB)
- Sign of the candidate (less than 100 KB)
- Age Proof (less than 200 KB)
- relevant Educational degree(less than 200 KB)
- Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 200 KB)
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 200 KB)
- BPL Certificate copy, if Below Poverty Line(less than 200 KB)
- Fee can be paid by the below-mentioned methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- It is requested to scan documents from your originals certificates. Once you have uploaded the copy, click the next button you will get the preview option. Save/Print your form for future use.
IGNOU UG Courses 2021
|Courses||Fees (for full programme)|
|Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)||Rs. 14,400/-|
|Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)||Rs. 1,200/-|
|Bachelor’s Degree Programmes (BDP)-B.A./B.Com/B.Sc.|
B.A. & B.Com – Rs. 7,200/-
For B.Sc. – Rs.12,600/
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science||Rs. 6,000/|
|Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Studies||Rs. 9,000/-|
|B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic)||Rs. 45,000/-|
|Bachelor Of Education (BEd)||Rs. 50,000/-|
The B Ed program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of studies.
The following are the subjects that are part of the program:
- General English Comprehension
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- Educational and General Awareness
- Teaching-Learning & the School
- Subject Competence (any one of the given subjects)
- Social Science
Program courses for B Ed
- Childhood and Growing Up
- Contemporary India and Education
- Learning and Teaching
- Language Across the Curriculum
- Understanding Disciplines and Subjects
- Pedagogy of Science
- Pedagogy of Social Science
- Pedagogy of Mathematics
- Pedagogy of English
- Pedagogy of Hindi
- Practical Courses
- Workshop Based Activities
- Reading and Reflecting on the Texts
- Application of ICT
- Internship I
- Knowledge and Curriculum
- Assessment for Learning
- Creating an Inclusive School
- Gender, School and Society
- Open and Distance Education
- Guidance and Counseling
- Information and Communication Technology
- Practical Courses
- Workshop Based Activities
- Drama and Art in Education
- Understanding the Self and Yoga
- Internship II
B.Ed course Fee details
Fee Structure: A total amount of Rs 50000/- is to be paid for the Bachelor of Education Programme. In the first year, in addition to Rs 2400/-, a Registration fee of Rs 200/- also has to be paid.
The program fee should be submitted only by means of a Debit Card/Credit Card through online
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Education with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of B.Ed course
It is an essential prerequisite for you to submit the B.A course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of B.Ed course
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of B. A course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center
Declaration of B.Ed course Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of B.Ed course Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are made available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in the student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU B.A Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.