IGNOU B.A Economics Admission 2021: Check out the details regarding IGNOU B.A Economics Course 2021 – Eligibility, Fee, Last Date, Application form of the exam in this article. Admission in IGNOU B. A Economics program is offered on a direct trail since it is an open university and the number of seats for each course is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses should be applied online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU B.A Economics Course Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on|
|Re-registration||October to February 15, 2020|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||November|
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
B.A Economics full form is Bachelor of Arts in Economics
About IGNOU B.A Economics Admission
The complete form of B.A Economics is Bachelor of Arts in Economics. It is a Graduate Degree Programme which is offered in January and July. It comes under the category of School of Management Studies (SOMS). All the applicants without a formal qualification of 10+2 or its equivalent can take admission to the Bachelor of Arts program
IGNOU B.A Economics Admission Eligibility Criteria
The student should have a 10+2 qualification is eligible for admission. The students who don’t have 12th but if they have completed Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP) from IGNOU university are also eligible for admission.
B.A: Bachelors of Arts.
BPP: Bachelor of Preparatory Program.
Last Date for IGNOU B.A Economics Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of November|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of February|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of August/ September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU Bachelors of Arts Economics Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instruction to Fill B.A Economics Application Form Online
- The application form should be submitted online through the official IGNOU website
- The students are advised to download the prospectus and read the instructions carefully before filling up the form
- The students should remember their Username and Password for subsequent login
- The application fees may be paid by the below methods
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card (PNB)
Before filling the application form online, candidates must possess the following documents:
- Photograph (not more than 100 KB in size)
- Signature (not more than 100 KB in size)
- Age Proof
- Relevant Educational Qualification (not more than 400 KB in size)
- Experience Certificate (if any) (not more than 400 KB in size)
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (not more than 400 KB in size)
- BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(not more than 400 KB in size)
IGNOU BA Economics Course 2020
|Courses||Fees (for full program)|
|BA Economics||Rs. 9600/-,3200/- per year|
|Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)||Rs. 1,200/-|
The B A Economics program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of studies.
B.A Economics Subjects
- Introductory Microeconomics
- Mathematical Methods for Economics I
- Environmental Studies
- Indian Society: Images and Realities
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Mathematical Methods for Economics II
- English Communication.
- Hindi Bhasha Aur Samprashan
- Governance: Issues and Challenges
- Intermediate Microeconomics I
- Intermediate Macroeconomics I
- Statistical Methods for Economics
- Developing Emotional Competence
- Intermediate Microeconomics II
- Intermediate Macroeconomics II
- Introductory Econometrics
- Data Analysis
- Sustainable Development
- Indian Economy I
- Development Economics I
- Economics of Health and Education
- Environmental Economics
- Indian Economy
- Development Economics II
- Applied Econometrics
- Financial Economics
B.A Economics course Fee details
Fee Structure: A total of Rs 9600/- is to be paid for the Bachelor of Arts Vocational Studies Tourism Management Programme Rs 3200/year. In the first year, in addition to Rs 3200/-, a Registration fee of Rs 200/- also has to be paid.
The program fee must be paid only by means of a Debit Card/Credit Card online only.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Arts with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of B.A Economics
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the Examination Form for taking the examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of B.A Economics
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of the exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of B.A Economics Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of B.A Economics Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU B.A Economics Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.