IGNOU B.A Political Science Admission 2021: In this article, the details regarding IGNOU B.A Political Science Course 2021 – Eligibility, Fee, Application Form, Last Date of the exam are posted. Admission in IGNOU B. A program is offered on a direct trail since it is an open university and the number of seats for each course is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses should be applied online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU B.A Political Science Course Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on||
|Re-registration||October to February|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||July session – May
January session – October
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
B.A Political Science full form is Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
About IGNOU B.A Political Science
The complete form of B. A Political Science is Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. It is a Graduate Degree Programme which is offered in January and July. It comes under the category of School of Management Studies (SOMS). All the applicants without a formal qualification of 10+2 or its equivalent can take admission to the Bachelor of Arts program
IGNOU B.A Political Science Eligibility Criteria
The student should have a 10+2 qualification is eligible for admission. The students who don’t have 12th but if they have completed Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP) from IGNOU university are also eligible for admission.
B.A: Bachelors of Arts In Political Science.
BPP: Bachelor of Preparatory Program.
Last Date for IGNOU B.A Political Science Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of Nov|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of Feb|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill the application||In the month of August/ Sept|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th Nov
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th Nov ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU Bachelors of Arts Political Science Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration of the student or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instructions to Fill B.A Political Science Application Form Online
- The application form should be submitted online through the official IGNOU website
- The students are advised to download the prospectus and read the instructions carefully before filling up the form
- The students should remember their Username and Password for subsequent login
- The application fees may be paid by the below methods
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card (PNB)
Before filling the application form online, candidates must possess the following documents:
- Photograph (not more than 100 KB in size)
- Signature (not more than 100 KB in size)
- Age Proof
- Relevant Educational Qualification (not more than 400 KB in size)
- Experience Certificate (if any) (not more than 400 KB in size)
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (not more than 400 KB in size)
- BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(not more than 400 KB in size)
IGNOU BA Political Science Course 2020
|Courses||Fees (for full program)|
|BA Political Science||Rs. 9600/- full course, Rs 3200/- per year|
|Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)||Rs. 1,200/-|
The B A Political Science program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of studies.
B.A Political Science Subjects
- Understanding Political Theory
- Constitutional Development and Democracy in India
- Political Theory-Concepts and Debates
- Political Process in India
- Introduction to Comparative Government and Politics
- Public Policy and Administration in India
- Perspectives on Public Administration
- Perspectives on International Relations and World History
- Political Processes and Institutions in Comparative Perspective
- Global Politics
- Classical Political Philosophy
- Indian Political Thought-I
- Modern Political Philosophy
- Indian Political Thought-II
Any two of the following:
- Gandhi and the Contemporary World
- India’s Foreign Policy in a Globalising World
- Democracy and Development in Northeast India
Any two of the following:
- State Politics in India
- Introduction to South Asia
- Conflict Resolution and Peace Building
- Indian Society: Images and Realities
- Gender Sensitization: Society and Culture
- Rethinking Development
- Sustainable Development
B.A Political Science course Fee details
Fee Structure: A total of Rs 9600/- is to be paid for the Bachelor of Arts Political Science course, Rs 3200/year. In the first year, with the course fees Rs, 3200/- a Registration fee of Rs 200/- also has to be paid. The program fee must be paid only by means of a Debit Card/Credit Card online only.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Arts with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of B.A Political Science course
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the B.A course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of B. A Political Science course
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of B. A Political Science course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of B.A Political Science course Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of B.A Political Science course Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are available on the University’s portal. Payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after re-evaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU B.A Political Science Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.