Check out How to Prepare UPSC Manipuri Optional subject 2023 – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Manipuri Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2022 has released. Today we’ve provided a Preparation strategy for UPSC Manipuri optional Paper. UPSC has already announced the IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates (यूपीएससी मणिपुरी भाषा का पेपर). Before going to start the preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Manipuri optional for the UPSC IAS mains exam.
How to Prepare UPSC Manipuri Optional Subject 2023
The Meitei language has proven to be an integrating factor among all ethnic groups in Manipur who use it to communicate among themselves. It has been recognized by the Indian Union and has been included in the list of scheduled languages. Meitei is taught as a subject up to the post-graduate level (Ph.D.) in universities of India, apart from being a medium of instruction up to the undergraduate level in Manipur. Education in government schools is provided in Meitei through the eighth standard. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt but don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. Each UPSC mains Manipuri paper consists of 250 marks. The duration for each Manipuri language mains paper is 3 hours.
Step 1: Know UPSC Manipuri syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Manipuri Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Manipuri
To prepare UPSC Manipuri Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for the IAS exam at the given link below. The suggested books are included in optional and language Subjects.
Recommended books for Manipuri:
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2 (Arihant Manual – GS2)
- Governance in India for CSE. (Governance – GS2)
- Pax Indica – Shashi Tharoor. (Foreign Policy – GS2)
- India and the World by Surendra Kumar. (Foreign Policy – GS2)
- IAS Mains General Studies – GS3. (Arihant Manual – GS3)
- India’s National Security: A Reader. (Internal Security – GS3)
- Challenges to Internal Security of India. (Internal Security – GS3)
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude. ( Ethics – GS4)
- IAS Mains General Studies – Ethics. ( Arihant Manual – GS4)
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
A study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting a good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for the UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Manipuri Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Manipuri Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the UPSC Mains exam, you can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Manipuri (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Manipuri Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Manipuri Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Manipuri Important Topics
Manipuri Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
Paper I contains General characteristics of Manipuri Language and history of its development, Significant features of Manipuri language, Phonology, Morphology, Literary History of Manipuri, Manipuri Folk Literature, Aspects of Manipuri Culture, Medieval Manipuri Literature, Modern Manipuri Literature. Paper-II in languages contains Drama, Prose, Short stories, and Novels.
As you know the marks of the optional paper are crucial to deciding your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Manipuri Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Manipuri Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Manipuri Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Manipuri?
UPSC mains optional paper Manipuri is the predominant language and lingua franca in the southeastern Himalayan state of Manipur, in northeastern India. It is the official language in government offices. Meitei is also spoken in the Indian states of Assam and Tripura, and in Bangladesh and Burma (now Myanmar). It is currently classified as a vulnerable language by UNESCO. People in those particular areas mostly choose Manipuri as their optional language and candidates who completed their degree in Manipuri also choose this optional subject. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper-II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
- Literature subjects are less informative.
- good for who is creative
- not too difficult to understand
- to score good marks one should have good writing skill
- creativity required
- depth in philosophy required
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Kashmiri 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving the best suitable strategies for Manipuri optional for the UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Manipuri optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Manipuri to tackle Paper-II.
- Improve writing skills because every language should need good writing skills to answer the questions in a particular language.
- In your essay, write in a simple but effective language. Attempt the essay question last with at least 40 minutes to spare. Once you are done with the other sections, you will have enough ‘flow’ to write your essay. Also, you should not waste time writing an elaborate essay at the beginning.
- Apart from your regular newspaper, read a newspaper in the language that you have opted for at least 15 minutes every day. This will familiarise you with the subtleties of the language. It will also give you the modern method of writing in the language.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year’s UPSC Mains questions papers. For Manipuri also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam patterns, trends, etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Manipuri Optional subject 2023 – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” gives the detailed information यूपीएससी मणिपुरी पेपर about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC 2023 exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.