Prepare UPSC Malayalam: Check out Strategy to Prepare UPSC Malayalam Optional subject 2022 – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Malayalam Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2022 has released. Today we’ve provided a Preparation strategy for UPSC Malayalam optional Paper. UPSC has already announced the IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates. Before going to start the preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Malayalam optional for the UPSC IAS mains exam.
Content in this Article
How to Prepare UPSC Malayalam Optional Subject
Malayalam is a well-known choice in the UPSC Civil Services examination. The syllabus of Malayalam is well defined and it is very short. This meticulously designed syllabus is the main attraction of this optional. If you go through the syllabus, you can find most of the poems and stories covered in UPSC Civil Services Syllabus are already covered in school and college days. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt but don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. Each UPSC mains Malayalam paper consists of 250 marks. The duration for each Malayalam language mains paper is 3 hours.
Step 1: Know UPSC Malayalam syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Malayalam Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Malayalam
To prepare UPSC Malayalam Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for the IAS exam at the given link below. The suggested books are included in optional and language Subjects.
Recommended books for Malayalam:
- Civil Service exam Malayalam Optional paper II by Jobin S Kottaram, Renuraj IAS, Aswathy S IAS
- 100 Chinthavishayangal by T. Chandy
- Adhunika Design 30 Vasthubavanagal by Kanippayyur Makan Krishnan Namboodiripad and Kanippayyur
- Charithram Ethra Eluppam by Jayakar Thalayolaparambu
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
A study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting a good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for the UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Malayalam Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Malayalam Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the UPSC Mains exam, You can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Malayalam (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Malayalam Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Malayalam Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Malayalam Important Topics
Malayalam Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
Paper I contains Early phase of Malayalam Language, Linguistic features, Standardisation of Malayalam, Literary History, Ancient and Medieval Literature, Modern Literature-Property, Modern Literature-Prose. Paper-II will require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and is designed to test the candidate’s critical ability.
As you know the marks of the optional paper are crucial to decide your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Malayalam Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Malayalam Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Malayalam Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Malayalam?
Malayalam is also spoken in the neighboring states of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka; with significant speakers in the Nilgiris, Kanyakumari and Coimbatore districts of Tamil Nadu, and Dakshina Kannada of Karnataka. Malayalam serves as a link language on certain islands, including the Mahl-dominated Minicoy Island. It is the official language in Kerela. So people in those areas choose Malayalam as their optional subject. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper-II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
- Literature subjects are less informative.
- good for who is creative
- not too difficult to understand
- to score good marks one should have good writing skill
- creativity required
- depth in philosophy required
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Malayalam 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving the best suitable strategies for Konkani optional for the UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Malayalam optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Malayalam to tackle Paper-II.
- Improve writing skills because every language should need good writing skills to answer the questions in a particular language.
- In your essay, write in a simple but effective language. Attempt the essay question last with at least 40 minutes to spare. Once you are done with the other sections, you will have enough ‘flow’ to write your essay. Also, you should not waste time writing an elaborate essay at the beginning.
- Apart from your regular newspaper, read a newspaper in the language that you have opted for at least 15 minutes every day. This will familiarise you with the subtleties of the language. It will also give you the modern method of writing in the language.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year’s UPSC Mains questions papers. For Malayalam also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam patterns, trends, etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Malayalam Optional subject 2022 – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC 2021 exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.