Prepare UPSC Kashmiri: Check out Strategy to Prepare 2023 UPSC Kashmiri Optional subject – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Kashmiri Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2022 has released. Today we’ve provided a Preparation strategy for UPSC Kashmiri optional Paper. UPSC has already announced the IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates. Before going to start the preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Kashmiri optional for the UPSC IAS mains exam.
Content in this Article
How to Prepare UPSC Kashmiri Optional Subject 2023
UPSC Kashmiri is is a language from the Dardic sub-group of the Indo-Aryan languages and it is spoken primarily in the Kashmir Valley and Chenab valley of Jammu and Kashmir. Kashmiri language is one of the 22 scheduled languages of India and is a part of the Eighth Schedule of the constitution of the Jammu and Kashmir. This Language is close to other Dardic languages spoken in Gilgit, Pakistan and in northern regions of Kargil, India. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt but don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. Each UPSC mains Kashmiri paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Kashmiri language mains paper is 3 hours.
Step 1: Know UPSC Kashmiri syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Kashmiri Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Kashmiri
To prepare UPSC Kashmiri Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for the IAS exam at the given link below. The suggested books are included in optional and language Subjects.
Recommended books for Kashmiri:
- Anhaar – Kashmir University Journal
- Kasher Adbuk Tawareekh – Shafi Shouq
- Kashir Zaban Te Adab – Cultural Academy
- Kashiruk Grammar – Shafi Shouq
- Kashiry Luki Beeth
- Kashur Luki Theatre-Mohammad Subhan Bhagat
- Marun-Ivan Ilyich
- Mujrim by G.N. Gowhar
- Natuk Kariv Band-Hari Krishan Kaul
- Qk Angy Natuk, ed. Motilal Keemu
- Razi Oedipus, tr. Naji Munawar
- Sheraza – Cultural Academy
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
The study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting a good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for the UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Kashmiri Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Kashmiri Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the UPSC Mains exam, You can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Kashmiri (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Kashmiri Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Kashmiri Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Kashmiri Important Topics
Kashmiri Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
As other optional subjects, this also has two papers.- Paper I and Paper II. Paper I deals with lineage relationship of the Kashmiri language, different theories, grammar phonology, etc. Paper-II of Kashmiri Literature demands an Intensive study of Kashmiri poetry up to the 19th Century, Literary criticism and An analytical study of the short stories, novel, and drama. It is highly recommended that aspirants should read the poem, drama, and short stories in the syllabus at least once.
As you know the marks of the optional paper are crucial to deciding your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Kashmiri Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Kashmiri Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Kashmiri Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Kashmiri?
Kashmiri is an Indo-Aryan language spoken by the people in the Kashmir Valley and Chenab regions. The Kashmiri language has played an important role in the Bhakti movement. Aspirants are supposed to write answers in Kashmiri. They should enhance writing skills to compose good answers. Kashmiri Literature is a noticeable optional for UPSC aspirants who have fair enough knowledge in this language. You can opt for the Kashmiri language as an optional subject if you have graduated in the literature of the Kashmiri language as the main subject.
With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Kashmiri literature. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper-II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
- Literature subjects are less informative.
- good for who is creative
- not too difficult to understand
- to score good marks one should have good writing skill
- creativity required
- depth in philosophy required
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Kashmiri 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving the best suitable strategies for Kashmiri optional for the UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Kashmiri optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Kashmiri to tackle Paper-II.
- Improve writing skills because every language should need good writing skills to answer the questions in a particular language.
- In your essay, write in a simple but effective language. Attempt the essay question last with at least 40 minutes to spare. Once you are done with the other sections, you will have enough ‘flow’ to write your essay. Also, you should not waste time writing an elaborate essay at the beginning.
- Apart from your regular newspaper, read a newspaper in the language that you have opted for at least 15 minutes every day. This will familiarise you with the subtleties of the language. It will also give you the modern method of writing in the language.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year’s UPSC Mains questions papers. For Kashmiri also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam patterns, trends, etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Kashmiri Optional subject 2023 – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” gives detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.