Prepare UPSC Konkani: Check out Strategy to Prepare UPSC Konkani Optional subject 2023 – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Konkani Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2022 has released. Today we’ve provided a Preparation strategy for UPSC Konkani optional Paper. UPSC has already announced the IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates. Before going to start the preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Konkani optional for the UPSC IAS mains exam.
How to Prepare UPSC Konkani Optional Subject
Konkani is a member of the southern Indo-Aryan language group. It retains elements of Old Indo-Aryan structures and shows similarities with both western and eastern Indo-Aryan languages. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt but don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. Each UPSC mains Konkani paper consists of 250 marks. The duration for each Konkani language mains paper is 3 hours.
Step 1: Know UPSC Konkani syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Konkani Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Konkani
To prepare UPSC Konkani Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for the IAS exam at the given link below. The suggested books are included in optional and language Subjects.
Recommended books for Konkani:
- Demand-Drama-by Pundalik Naik
- Kadambini- A miscellany of modern Prose-ed. by Prof. OJF Gomes & Smt. P.S. Tadkodkar.
- Ratha Tujeo Ghudieo-by Smt. Jayanti Naik.
- Kanadi Mati Konkani Kavi-Anthology of Poems-ed. Pratap Naik.
- Adrushatache Kalle-Poems by Pandurang Bhangui.
- Yaman-Poems by Madhav Borkar
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
The study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting a good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for the UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Konkani Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Konkani Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the UPSC Mains exam, You can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Konkani (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Konkani Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Konkani Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Konkani Important Topics
Konkani Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
KONKANI PAPER-I (Answers must be written in Konkani) Section-A History of the Konkani Language : (i) Origin and development of the language and influences on it. (ii) Major variants of Konkani and their linguistic features. (iii) Grammatical and lexicographic work in Konkani, including a study of cases, adverbs, indeclinables, and voices. (iv) Old Standard Konkani, new Standard, and standardization problems. Section-B: History of Konkani literature: Candidates would be expected to be well-acquainted with Konkani literature and its social and cultural background and consider the problems and issues arising out of them.
(i) History of Konkani literature from its probable source to the present times, with emphasis on its major works, writers, and movements. (ii) The social and cultural background of the making of Konkani literature from time to time. (iii) Indian and Western influences on Konkani literature from the earliest to modern times. (iv) Modern literary trends in the various genres and regions including a study of Konkani folklore. PAPER-II (Answers must be written in Konkani) Textual Criticism of Konkani Literature The paper will be designed to test the candidate’s critical and analytical abilities
As you know the marks of the optional paper are crucial to decide your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Konkani Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Konkani Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Konkani Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Konkani?
UPSC Konkani is an Indo-Aryan language belonging to the Indo-European family of languages and is spoken along the Southwestern coast of India. Konkani is one of the optional in the IAS main exam. You can opt for the Konkani language as an optional subject if you have graduated in the literature of Konkani language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Konkani literature. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper-II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
- Literature subjects are less informative.
- good for who is creative
- not too difficult to understand
- to score good marks one should have good writing skill
- creativity required
- depth in philosophy required
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Konkani 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving the best suitable strategies for Konkani optional for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Konkani optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Konkani to tackle Paper-II.
- Improve writing skills because every language should need good writing skills to answer the questions in a particular language.
- In your essay, write in a simple but effective language. Attempt the essay question last with at least 40 minutes to spare. Once you are done with the other sections, you will have enough ‘flow’ to write your essay. Also, you should not waste time writing an elaborate essay at the beginning.
- Apart from your regular newspaper, read a newspaper in the language that you have opted for at least 15 minutes every day. This will familiarise you with the subtleties of the language. It will also give you the modern method of writing in the language.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year’s UPSC Mains questions papers. For Konkani also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam patterns, trends, etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Konkani Optional subject 2023 – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.