Prepare UPSC Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science: Check out How to Prepare UPSC Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science 2023 Optional subject – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2022 has released. Today we’ve provided a Preparation strategy for UPSC Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science optional Paper. UPSC has already announced the IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates (यूपीएससी पशु चिकित्सा विज्ञान वैकल्पिक विषय). Before going to start the preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science optional for the UPSC IAS mains exam.
Content in this Article
How to Prepare UPSC Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Optional Subject
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science is highly scoring optional subjects in the UPSC IAS Mains Exam. The aspirants from the academic background in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Zoology and allied field can opt for this as their optional for the UPSC IAS Mains Exam. It will be difficult for any aspirants who do not have prior knowledge of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science or Zoology. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt but don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
Why Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science optional?
- The syllabus of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science optional for UPSC IAS Mains exam is short and aspirants can manage it easily.
- Paper-II of Zoology and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science is quite similar if you see the syllabus but if you analyze last year’s question papers, if you will see that questions in Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science are easy in comparison to ‘Zoology Paper-II’.
- Several topics of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science directly help in General Studies, especially in Zoology.
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. The Paper I of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Optional paper is which is like General studies Paper principally Animal reproduction, Animal Nutrition and basic foundation of Animal Husbandry. But Paper-II of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science optional deals with the technical concepts such as Veterinary Public Health, Animal diseases.
Step 1: Know UPSC Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains 2021 Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
To prepare the UPSC Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for the IAS exam at the given link below. The suggested books are included in optional and language Subjects.
Recommended books for Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science:
- Animal husbandry & veterinary science- T.N. Palanivelu
- Animal Physiology- K. A. Goyal, Rastogi Publishing
- Principles Of Genetics & Animal Breeding- F H KHAN, Jaypee Brothers
- Textbook Of Animal Diseases -Ashok Kumar, Sonali Publication
- Introduction To Agriculture – A K Vyas, Jain Brothers
- A Textbook Of Animal Husbandry- G C Banerjee
- Advanced Animal Nutrition- D. V Reddy
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
The study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting a good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for the UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the UPSC Mains exam, you can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Animal husbandry & veterinary science Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Animal husbandry & veterinary science Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Important Topics
Animal husbandry & veterinary science Paper I Important Topics
Paper I basically focuses on Animal Nutrition like Energy protein interrelationships, Special features of poultry nutrition, Growth and Animal Production Prenatal and postnatal growth. The main topics are Animal Physiology and Animal Reproduction that involves Livestock Production and Management, Genetics and Animal Breeding, concept and principles of extension. Feeding and management of animals under drought, flood and other natural calamities.
Animal husbandry & veterinary science Paper-II Important Topics
Paper-II is similar to the topics that cover in zoology. Anatomy, Pharmacology, and Hygiene that involves Embryology of vertebrates with special reference to aves and domestic mammals gametogenesis, Deficiency diseases of domestic animals and birds, Veterinary Public Health, Physical and chemical characteristics of meat.
As you know the marks of the optional paper are crucial to deciding your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Animal husbandry & veterinary science Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Animal husbandry & veterinary science Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Animal husbandry & veterinary science Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Animal husbandry & veterinary science?
Anyone who has an academic background in Agriculture, Life Sciences, Botany, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Zoology, Dairy, and other related fields. Any aspirant with no prior knowledge of Zoology should not opt it. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper-II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Animal husbandry & veterinary science 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving the best suitable strategies for Animal husbandry & veterinary science optional for the UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Animal husbandry & veterinary science optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Animal husbandry & veterinary science to tackle Paper-II.
- Make short notes, flowchart and diagram will preparing. These short notes will help in revision time.
- Aspirants should guarantee that they are emphasizing sustainability and economic dimensions also.
- Aspirants opting Animal husbandry & veterinary science as their option should update the up-to-date data taken from Government reports annual report regarding Animal husbandry & veterinary science.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year’s UPSC Mains questions papers. Animal husbandry & veterinary science also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam patterns, trends, etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Animal husbandry & veterinary science Optional subject 2023 – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” (यूपीएससी पशु चिकित्सा विज्ञान) gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.