Prepare UPSC Gujarati: Check out Strategy to Prepare UPSC Gujarati Optional subject 2023 – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Gujarati Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2022 has released. Today we’ve provided a Preparation strategy for UPSC Gujarati optional Paper. UPSC has already announced the IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates. Before going to start the preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Gujarati optional for the UPSC IAS mains exam.
Content in this Article
How to Prepare UPSC Gujarati Optional Subject 2023
Gujarati is an optional subject in the UPSC Civil Services examination. It is an Indo-Aryan language native. Candidates are supposed to write answers that must be written in Gujarati. The syllabus of Gujarati literature optional is well defined. This carefully outlined syllabus is the principle fascination of this optional subject. If the aspirants have great clout in framing the Gujarati dialect, then they can pick Gujarati as their optional subject. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt but don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. Each UPSC mains Gujarati paper consists of 250 marks. The duration for each Gujarati language mains paper is 3 hours.
Step 1: Know UPSC Gujarati syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Gujarati Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Gujarati
To prepare UPSC Gujarati Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for the IAS exam at the given link below. The suggested books are included in optional and language Subjects.
Recommended books for Gujarati:
- Arvachin Gujarati Sahitya ni Vikas Rekha (Adhunik ane Aadhunik pravaho)
- Bhasha parichay and Gujarati bhasha nu swarup- Jayant Kothari
- Purvalap – ‘Kant’ ManiShankar Ratnaji Bhatt
- Rai no Parvat – Ramanbhai Nilkanth
- Saptapadi – UmaShankar Joshi
- History of Gujarati Literature- Dhirubhai Thakar
- Loksahitya- Pamphlets
- Madhyakalin Gujarati Literature- Vasuben Trivedi book
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
The study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting a good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for the UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Gujarati Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Gujarati Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the UPSC Mains exam, You can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Gujarati (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Gujarati Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Gujarati Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Gujarati Important Topics
Gujarati Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
The optional subject has two-part- Paper-I and Paper-II. Section A in Gujarati optional deals with the Gujarati Language its Formation, Literary Forms and History, various Sahitya Swarup, etc., Paper I contains Jaina tradition, Bhakti tradition: Sagun and Nirgun (Jnanmargi), Non-sectarian tradition (Laukik parampara). Paper-II contains Medieval, Sudharakyug & Pandityug, Gandhiyug & Anu Gandhiyug, Adhunik yug
As you know the marks of the optional paper is crucial to decide your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Gujarati Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Gujarati Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Gujarati Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Gujarati?
Gujarati optional is chosen mostly in Gujarat because people in that spoke Gujarati it is their official language. Students should have good writing skills if they choose language subjects as optional. Any aspirant with no prior knowledge of the Gujarati language should not opt it. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper-II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
- Literature subjects are less informative.
- good for who is creative
- not too difficult to understand
- to score good marks one should have good writing skill
- creativity required
- depth in philosophy required
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Gujarati 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving the best suitable strategies for Gujarati optional for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Gujarati optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Gujarati to tackle Paper-II.
- Improve writing skills because every language should need good writing skills to answer the questions in a particular language.
- In your essay, write in a simple but effective language. Attempt the essay question last with at least 40 minutes to spare. Once you are done with the other sections, you will have enough ‘flow’ to write your essay. Also, you should not waste time writing an elaborate essay at the beginning.
- Apart from your regular newspaper, read a newspaper in the language that you have opted for at least 15 minutes every day. This will familiarise you with the subtleties of the language. It will also give you the modern method of writing in the language.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year’s UPSC Mains questions papers. For Gujarati also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam pattern, trends, etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Gujarati Optional subject 2023 – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.