Reference books for TNPSC Group 1 Preparation 2020 – English & Tamil
Check out the details on Reference books for TNPSC group 1 Preparation – English & Tamil. Here we provided the complete information like TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus, TNPSC Group 1 Eligibility, TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern, TNPSC Group 1 Reference Books in English and Tamil Medium.
Content in this Article
Reference Books for TNPSC Group 1 – English & Tamil
Also, read the following concepts for more information.
- Reference books for TNPSC group 2 Preparation – English & Tamil
- Reference books for TNPSC group 3 Preparation – English & Tamil
- Reference books for TNPSC group 4 Preparation – English & Tamil
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is a department of the government of Tamil Nadu. TNPSC is responsible for governing the recruitment of personnel into the state’s public service. Madras Presidency was the first province in India to establish its own service commission when the Madras Service Commission was established under an Act of the Madras Legislature in 1929.
The commission conducts departmental examinations for government servants and conducts the examination. The Controller of Exams is responsible for notifying and conducting recruitment and departmental examinations. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has introduced a series of reforms to ensure a free and fair recruitment process with the highest level of transparency in each stage of selection. For more information, You can visit the official website of TNPSC http://www.tnpsc.gov.in
TNPSC Full Form: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
TNPSC Group 1 Selection Procedure
- Preliminary Examination
- Written Examination & Oral Interview
- Oral Interview
TNPSC Group 1 Eligibility
- Nationality: A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: The candidates should have the minimum age is 21 years and maximum age 39 Years
- Education Qualification: A Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University in India
- Application Fee: The Candidates need to pay Application fee Rs. 50. The Examination Fee for the Candidates is Rs 75.
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern
|Subject||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
Written Examination & Oral Interview:
|General Studies Paper – I||3 hours||300|
|General Studies Paper-II||3 hours||300|
|General Studies Paper – III||3 hours||300|
|Interview and Record||3 hours||120|
Note: The selections to the posts will be based on the marks merit rank obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination.
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus
- General science
- current events of national and international importance
- history and culture of India
- geography and Indian polity
- Indian economy and national movement and freedom struggle
- mental ability tests
PAPER ‐ I
- Modern History of India and Indian culture
- General Aptitude & Mental Ability Test
- Role and Impact of Science and Technology in the development of India and Tamil Nadu
- Indian Polity and Emerging Political Trends across the world affecting India and Geography of India
- Tamil Society, its Culture, and Heritage/ English Language Skills
- Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu
PAPER ‐ III
- Current events of national and international importance
- Current Economic Trends: Indian Economy and the impact of Global Economy in India
- Socio-Economic Problems of India/Tamil Nadu
TNPSC Group 1 Reference Books in English and Tamil
|Book Title||Medium of Book||Author Name||Book Cost|
|Manual for TNPSC Examinations (General Studies): Groups (Preliminary and Mains)||English Medium||M.Karthikeyan||Rs. 950|
|TNPSC Group 1 Main Volume I & II Study Exam Books in English||English Medium||V.V.K. Subburaj||Rs.1,100|
|TNPSC Group 1 Podhu Arivu Preliminary Exam Study Material Book||Tamil Medium||V.V.K. Subburaj||Rs. 558|
|TNPSC Group 1 (Main) Paper 1 Exam Book||Tamil Medium||V.V.K. Subburaj||Rs.550|
TNPSC Important Links:
By the following links you can get more information like the notification of Exam date, place of center and other details like Answer Key, Results, Online Registration form will be available on the official site of TNPSC.
- TNPSC Offical Website
- TNPSC Group Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
- TNPSC Exam Notifications
- TNPSC Exam Result Key
- TNPSC Exam Hall Ticket Download
Reference Books Importance
Reference books for TNPSC Group 1: The Books References and Practising previous papers to the tests are very important. The Maximum coverage of the marks can be scored through reference books. It will help you in time management and also in identifying the weak areas.
Hope this Article gets you the complete information on the details of Reference books for TNPSC group 1 Preparation – English & Tamil. For any doubts to clarify, you can contact us via the comment box. And you can Share or Subscribe to our website or more information on the Other Concept Details.