Ishan Uday Scholarship is launched by the Under Grant Commission for North Eastern Region especially. Ishan Uday Scholarship is specially launched for the North Eastern Region students by keeping in mind that those who are backward financially. Today here in this article, we are providing the full details of the Ishan Uday Scholarship. In this article, we are going to provide the how to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship, the Last date of the Ishan Uday Scholarship, the Documents required for the Ishan Uday Scholarship, and much more information. So read this article, till the end to get more information about the Ishan Uday Scholarship.
Content in this Article
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021
The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission have taken special interest with regard to the promotion of higher education in the Noth Eastern Region. For improving the Gross Enrolment Ratio, promoting higher education, and encouraging children who are belonging to the financially weaker area of the North-Eastern region, the Under Grant Commission has decided to launch the “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from the academic session 2014-15. Before launching the scheme the Under Grant Commission undertook wide-ranging consultations with State Governments and Central & State Universities of the North Eastern Region, the Ministry of HRD, the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, the North Eastern Council, Shillong, and other stakeholders. The following is the overview of the Ishan Uday Scholarship which is given below in the tabular form.
|Scholarship By||Under Grant Commission|
|Name of the Scholarship||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Eligibility||From Class 1st to all professional and Technical courses|
|Last date to Apply||30th Oct 2020|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Ishan Uday Scholarship Rewards
There are many rewards to the students who are pursuing their studies in their respective courses. The scholarship will be given through the bank accounts of the students who are applied and select for the Ishan Uday Scholarship. The following are details of the Ishan Uday Scholarship rewards which are given below in the tabular form.
|Scholarship Event||Scholarship Rewards|
|Ishan Uday Scholarship||Rs.7,800 per month for the selected candidates|
|General Degree||Rs.5,400 per month till the completion of the course|
Ishan Uday Scholarship objectives
The following objectives of the Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region are given below
- To give equal opportunities for higher studies in the North Eastern Region.
- To increment the Gross Enrolment Ratio in the North Eastern Region.
- To focus more on professional education in the North Eastern Region.
- Optimum utilization of North Eastern Region Budgetary Allocation.
- It is decided to provide Rs.10,000 fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria who are interested to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship. The Under Grant Commission has announced the eligibility criteria for the students who are applying for the Ishan Uday Scholarship. Before students apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship should check the eligibility criteria which are given below as follows.
- Students with the domicile of North Eastern Region who have passed Class 12th or equivalent exam from a school situated within North Eastern Region through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education, Indian Certificate of Secondary Education, National Institute of Open Schooling within North Eastern Region only, and have secured admission in a general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses Integrated courses included in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2f and 12B of the Under Grant Commission Act.
- Consider being Universities included under Section 3 of the Under Grant Commission Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance are eligible for this scholarship. Institutions recognized by other required councils within as well as outside Only 1styear Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Ishan Uday scholarship.
- For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be an objection for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be an objection for the 1st degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for a scholarship.
- The annual income of the family should be Rs..5 lakhs are eligible.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under this scheme. The declined points shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Not Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria that are not eligible for the Ishan Uday Scholarship are given below as follows.
- Students who are pursuing courses through Open Universities.
- Students who are already applied for the scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate program under any other scheme are not eligible.
- Students who are applied for admission through management quota are not eligible.
- Students who are pursuing courses, like Diploma Courses, not applicable to the award of a Degree.
- The annual income of the family should not be above Rs.4.5 lakhs.
Documents required for Ishan Uday Scholarship
The following are the documents required for the Ishan Uday Scholarship who are applying which are given below.
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Proof of renewal progress report
For more information about documents and submission click here to know the details.
How To Apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship
The following steps on how to apply for the students who are applying for the scholarships are given below.
- Go and visit the official website of the Under Grant Commission of the North Eastern Region.
- Click here to apply for the Scholarship.
- Stick the 3 checkboxes and click on continue
- Click here to Registration
- Enter the details
- Click on Register
The following are the details for the students who are having the queries can contact these details for more information.
Under Grant Commission
North Eastern Region
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi – 110002.
phone number:- 011-23604446, 011-23604200
Email ID:[email protected]
Still, the students who are having doubts can contact us by commenting on your doubt in the comment box. we will reach you by replying to your doubt. Students can share this information with their relatives and friends about this article. For more information, students can visit the official website of the Ishan Uday Scholarship.