IGNOU B.Sc Admission 2021 – Application Form, Last Date, Fee, Eligibility
IGNOU B.Sc Admission 2021: Check out the details regarding IGNOU B.Sc Course 2021 – Eligibility, Fee, Last Date, Application form of the exam in this article. Admission to the IGNOU B.Sc program is offered on a direct basis since it is an open university and the number of seats for each program is unlimited. The application mode for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses is online and registration opens twice a year for January and June Session.
Content in this Article
IGNOU B.Sc Admission 2021 Overview
|Course Name||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)|
|Minimum Duration||3 years|
|Maximum Duration||6 years|
|Course Fee||INR 12,500|
|Maximum Age||No bar|
|Maximum Age||No bar|
|Eligibility||50% marks in 10+2 in Science|
B.Sc full form is Bachelor of Science
About IGNOU B.Sc
Admission to the B.Sc program is an entrance-based test conducted by the university at different places all over India. The applicants are required to submit a filled application form along with mark sheets as given in the application form. The original documents are to be presented after the entrance exam at the time of admission.
The final selection of the students for admission in the college is done after the entrance exam is conducted and on the day of admission, students give the documents necessary for admission.
- The candidate should have scored good results in the entrance test.
- The candidate must be eligible for admission.
- The candidate must have all the documents required.
IGNOU Bachelor of Science Eligibility Criteria
Following are the conditions that are to be completed by the student to become eligible for IGNOU B.Sc admission:
- 50% marks in Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Commerce/ Humanity/Sciences/ Social Sciences.
- If the students have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology, the course should be taken in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks.
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates with complete NCTE recognition will be recognized teacher Education program.
B.Sc: Bachelors of Science.
Last Date for IGNOU B.Sc Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of November|
|Last date to fill application||In the month of February|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill application||In the month of August/ September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU B.Sc Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instruction to Fill B.Sc Application Form Online
- If you are applying for the first time you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the B.Sc program and carefully read the details of B.Sc programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc.
- You are also asked to download the Common Prospectus and read carefully the Rules of the University as available in the prospectus.
- Click on the NEW REGISTRATION that appears in the login area and fill in the registration details.
- Remember, while taking your UserName it must be between 8 to 16 characters.
- While applying your password it must be a combination of alphabet and numeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After typing the relevant information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be sent to you via e-mail and SMS instantly.
- Remember your Username and Password for login.
- If you are an existing user click the “LOGIN” button on the screen.
- Before proceeding with the filling the form online the applicant must have scanned copies of the following:-
- Passport Photo (less than 100 KB)
- Sign of the candidate (less than 100 KB)
- Age Proof (less than 200 KB)
- relevant Educational degree(less than 200 KB)
- Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 200 KB)
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 200 KB)
- BPL Certificate copy, if Below Poverty Line(less than 200 KB)
- Fee can be paid by the below-mentioned methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- It is requested to scan documents from your originals certificates. Once you have uploaded the copy, click the next button you will get the preview option. Save/Print your form for future use.
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing
To provide job pursuing nurses the opportunity for higher education, IGNOU runs B.Sc in Nursing or Post Basic (BScPB) for the working nurses. IGNOU BSc (Nursing) is of a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 5 years of duration with fees Rs 54,000 / -. There are no age limits for the applicants.
Applicants are considered eligible for the course only if:
- Passed 12th class
- 3 years Diploma in General Nursing or Midwifery
- They are registered nurses or midwives with two years of experience
IGNOU UG Courses 2020
|Courses||Fees (for full program)|
|Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)||Rs. 14,400/-|
|Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)||Rs. 1,200/-|
|Bachelor’s Degree Programmes (BDP)-B.A./B.Com/B.Sc.||B.A. & B.Com – Rs. 7,200/-|
For B.Sc. – Rs.12,600/
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science||Rs. 6,000/|
|Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Studies||Rs. 9,000/-|
|B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic)||Rs. 45,000/-|
|Bachelor Of Education (BEd)||Rs. 50,000/-|
The B.Sc programme has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of studies.
a) Discipline Specific Core Courses (DSC)
b) Discipline Specific Electives (DSE)
c) Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses (AECC)
d) Skill Enhancement Courses (SEC)
2. Chemistry-Botany-Zoology (CBZ)
3. Physics-Chemistry-Geology (PCG)
4. Physics-Mathematics-Geology (PMG)
5. Chemistry-Geology-Zoology (CGZ)
6. Chemistry-Geology-Botany (CGB)
7. Physics-Mathematics-Geography (PMG)
8. Chemistry-Geography-Geology (CGG)
9. Botany-Zoology-Geography (BZG)
Program courses for B.Sc
Elective Courses in Life Sciences
- Cell Biology
- Laboratory Course-I
- Developmental Biology
- Taxonomy and Evolution
- Laboratory Course-II
- Animal Diversity-I
- Animal Diversity-II
- Animal Diversity Lab
- Plant Diversity-I
- Plant Diversity-II
- Plant Diversity Lab
Elective Courses of Physics:
These are the Elective Courses of Physics
- Elementary Mechanics
- Oscillations and Waves
- Physics Laboratory-I
- Mathematical and Methods in Physics-I
- Mathematical and Methods in Physics-II
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
- Electric and Magnetic Phenomena
- Physics Laboratory-II
- Electrical Circuits and Electronics
- Modern Physics
- Physics Laboratory-III
- Physics of Solids
- Mathematical Methods in Physics -III
- Communication Physics
Elective Courses of Chemistry
Below are the Elective Courses of Chemistry
- Atoms and Molecules
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Chemistry Lab-1
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Reaction Mechanism
- Chemistry Lab-II
- Chemistry Lab-III
- Chemistry Lab-IV
- Chemistry Lab-V
Elective Courses of Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Elementary Algebra
- Analytical Geometry
- Abstract Algebra
- Advanced Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Real Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
- Probability and Statistics
- Linear Programming
- Discrete Mathematics
- Mathematical Modelling
- Mathematical Methods
Above are the Elective Courses of Mathematics
B.Sc course Fee details
Fee Structure: The programme fee, excluding of exam fee is Rs. 12,600/- for the full programme to be paid per year @ Rs. 4,200/- per year. The fee that is paid in the first year, including the Registration Fee of Rs. 200/- is Rs. 4,400/-.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Science with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of B.Sc course
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the B.Sc course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of B.Sc course
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of B.Sc course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center.
Declaration of B.Sc course Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of B.Sc course Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are made available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
We had covered all details about B.Sc Admission 2021 details. For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU B.Sc Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.