CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus 2020-21 – Chapters, Topics, Weightage are available in this article. We are providing the CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus and course structure details are also available. All the information is similar to the CBSE(Central Board Of Secondary Education). CBSE changes the syllabus for year to year. CBSE Home Science Class 12 Syllabus 2020-21 (सीबीएसई कक्षा 12 गृह विज्ञान पाठ्यक्रम) – Chapters, Topics 2019 PDF is available here.
Content in this Article
CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus 2020-21
We have given the Units Names and the Marks and also the No.of Periods of the units. For, more information about the Paper.
|No.||Units||Marks||No. of Periods|
|1||Work, Livelihood, and Career||05||10|
|2||Nutrition, Food Science and|
|3||Human Development and Family|
|4||Fabric and Apparel||17||28|
|6||Communication and Extension||05||07|
Engineering Home Science Syllabus Chapters & Topics in CBSE Class 12 2021
Download CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus 2019
- Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part II)
- Nutrition during life Span
- Money Management and Consumer Education
- Apparel: Development and Extension (Part II)
- Career Options after Home Science Education
Click Here– View the Syllabus of class 12 Home Science 2019
CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus & Mark Weightage
|1||Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part II)|| |
|2||Nutrition during life Span|
|3||Money Management and Consumer Education|| |
|4||Apparel: Development and Extension (Part II)|
|5||Career Options after Home Science Education|| |
|6||Career Options after Home Science Educations|
The time of an examination is 3 hours and total marks awarded is 70
Units in CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus & No. of Periods
Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part II)-(40 Periods)
Nutrition during life Span-(40 Periods)
Money Management and Consumer Education-(40 Periods)
Apparel: Development and Extension (Part II)-(40 Periods)
Career Options after Home Science Education-(25 Periods)
Engineering Home Science Syllabus Chapters & Topics in CBSE Class 12
Unit 1: Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part II) 40 Periods
- Growth & Development – Domains and principles.
- Meaning, characteristics, and needs.
- Influences on identity formation
- Biological and Physical changes-early and late matures. (Role of heredity and environment)
- by social, culture and media.
- Emotional changes.
- Cognitive changes.
- Specific issues and concerns
- Eating disorders-Causes, consequences and management – Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia.
- Substance Abuse
- Related to sex
- Handling stress and peer pressure
- Young & middle adulthood: Understanding and management of new responsibilities, carrier marriage, and family.
- Late Adulthood/Old age:
- Health and Wellness: physical, social, emotional, financial, recreational needs
- Care for the elderly (at home and outside – old age home)
- Anger management
Unit 2: Nutrition for Self, Family, and Community
- Meal Planning: Meaning and importance, principles and factors affecting meal planning; Nutritional needs, food preferences and modifications of diets in different age groups: infants, children, adolescence, adults, elderly and in special conditions: pregnancy and lactation (including traditional foods given in these conditions)
- Use of basic food groups (ICMR) and serving size in meal planning
- Factors influencing the selection of food: culture, family food practices, media, peer group, availability of foods, purchasing power, individual preference & health.
- Food safety and quality:
- Safe food handling (personal, storage, kitchen, cooking, and serving).
- Safety guards against food adulteration, definition and meaning of food adulteration as given by FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India).
- Common adulterants present in cereals, pulses, milk and milk products, fats and oils, sugar, jaggery, honey, spices, and condiments.
- Effects of some of the adulterants present in the foods: kesari dal, metanil yellow, argemone seeds.
- Food standards (FPO, Agmark, ISI).
- Therapeutic modification of normal diet with respect to consistency, frequency, foodstuffs, nutrients, and methods of cooking.
- Modification of diet according to common ailments: diarrhoea, fever, jaundice, hypertension, diabetes, and constipation. Physiological changes, clinical symptoms, requirements and dietary requirements in each condition.
Unit 3: Money Management and Consumer Education
- Family Income:
- Various sources of family income:
- money income
- real income (direct and indirect)
- psychic income
- Supplementing family income-need and ways; need and procedure for maintaining household accounts (daily, weekly and monthly).
- Various sources of family income:
- Savings and Investment:
- Meaning and importance of savings.
- The basis for selection of investment methods: risk, security, profit, tax saving.
- Ways/methods of investment –
- Bank schemes (saving, fixed, recurring);
- Post Office schemes (savings, recurring deposit, monthly income scheme, National saving certificate, Senior citizen scheme);
- Insurance schemes (whole life, medi claim);
- Public Provident Fund (PPF), Provident Fund (PF).
- Consumer Protection and Education: Meaning, problems faced by a consumer, Consumer Protection Amendment Act (2011); Consumer aids: labels, standardization marks, (ECO Mark, Hallmark, Wool mark, Silk mark), advertising, leaflets, and Consumer redressal forum, Internet.
Unit IV: Apparel: Designing, Selection, and Care 40 Periods
- Application of elements of art and principles of design in designing apparel.
- Selection and purchase of fabrics- purpose, cost, season, quality, durability, ease of maintenance and comfort.
- Selection of apparel- factors influencing selection of apparel- age, size, climate, occupation, figure, occasion, fashion, drape cost, and workmanship.
- Care and maintenance of clothes:
- Cleansing agents: soaps and detergents (basic differences and their utility);
- Stain removal – General principles of stain removal, stain removal of tea, coffee, lipstick, ball pen, Grease, Curry and Blood.
- Storage of clothes.
Unit V: Community Development and Extension (Part II) 20 Periods
- Water safety: Safe drinking water-importance of potable water for good health, and its qualities, simple methods of making water safe for drinking; boiling, filtering (traditional and modern technology), use of alum, chlorine.
- Salient features of income-generating schemes
- DWCRA (Development of Women and Children in Rural Area)
- MGNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005)
Unit VI: Career Options after Home Science Education 05 Periods
Career options for self and wage employment of various fields of Home Science.
Posts Related to CBSE Class 12
- CBSE Class 12 Engineering Graphics Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 12 Entrepreneurship Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 12 Geography Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 12 History Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 10 Information and Communication Syllabus
- CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus
- CBSE Class 10 English Communicative Syllabus
|Download the Home Science CBSE Class 12 Syllabus 2019||Click Here|
Don’t fear about the CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus Chapter, topics 2021. In this article Class 12 Home Science Syllabus Chapter, topics are available for CBSE. This all the information is completely related to CBSE (Central Board Of Secondary Education). Visit once in this article refer your regulation syllabus and then start your examination preparation. CBSE changing the syllabus year to year. This is the best article about the syllabus in detail. Don’t forget to share it with your friends. CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus in the academic year of 2021 PDF also provided in this article.