CBSE Class 10 Information and Communication Technology Syllabus: Check out the Information about CBSE Class 10 Information and Communication Technology Syllabus 2022, Chapter, Topics – Download PDF in this article. Students who are searching for the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Science Syllabus for Class 10, 2020-21 are on the right track. Class X Students may not have to worry about their Exam Syllabus. As we have provided the Details about Class 10 CBSE ICT Syllabus 2022 in this article (सीबीएसई कक्षा 10 सूचना और संचार प्रौद्योगिकी पाठ्यक्रम). Students should check out this article to get complete details about CBSE 10th Class Information and Communication Technology Syllabus for 2020-21.
Download the pdf for CBSE Information and Communication Technology Syllabus Class 10 2018 from the given link provided in this article.
Also Read :
Content in this Article
CBSE Class 10 Information and Communication Technology Syllabus & Units with Weightage
|Unit No.||Name of the Unit||Marks|
|Unit – I||Computer Components and Interconnection||5 Marks||–|
|Unit – II||Advance GIMP||10 Marks||20 Marks|
|Unit – III||Advanced HTML||20 Marks||40 Marks|
|Unit – IV||Network Security||5 Marks||–|
|Total||40 Marks||60 Marks|
Information and Communication Technology Theory Paper
Duration: 2½ hours Marks: 40
Unit – I: Computer Components and Interconnection Marks: 5
CBSE Class 10 Information and Communication Technology Syllabus: Computer System and its definition, Hardware, Basic Components of a Computer System, Input Unit, Central processing Unit/CPU, Output unit and functions, Memory, types of memory, Primary Memory, RAM (Random Access Memory), ROM(Read Only Memory), SECONDARY MEMORY, Binary digit, concept of bit and bytes, Types of computers (Analog, Digital, Hybrid), characteristics of computers, types of software (System Software, Application Software, Utility Softwares, classification of Programming Languages Ports and Cables)
Unit – II: Advance GIMP Marks: 10
Toolbox-Move tool, Alignment tool, Scale tool, Shear tool, Perspective tool, Flip tool, Blend tool, Blur/Sharpen tool, Smudge tool, Dodge / Burn tool Painting in GIMP-Pencil and paintbrush tool Operations on Layers (Adding new layers, Renaming a Layer, Deleting a Layer, Merging a Layer, Scaling a layer, Duplicating a Layer) Masking-Introduction and example, editing a mask
Unit – III: Advanced HTML Marks: 20
Representing data in Tabular forms, Concept of Table AttributesTop of Form ,.., ..TH, Attributes: Colspan, ROWSPAN Properties: Align, width, Border, Color, Bgcolor, background, tag Downloaded From :http://cbseportal.com/ Downloaded From : http://cbseportal.com/ Courtesy : CBSE 2 Working with frames, frame attributes ( ), Attributes of ; Rows, Cols, Border, Frameborder, Framespacing. Frameset element and its attribute (Src, Scrolling, Noresize), target attribute in anchor tag. Working with HTML Forms Introduction and explanation of forms, Tags and attributes used in Form,
.. INPUT tag and its attributes (Name, Size, Maxlength, Type) Fields displayed by type attribute, (Text Box Field, Radio Buttons, Check boxes, command Button, Drop down Box, TEXTAREA and SELECT) DHTML & CSS Introduction to DHTML, Features and uses of DHTML, Components of DHTML, Cascading style sheet, Advantages and Limitations of CSS, Methods of applying CSS to an HTML document: In-line (the attribute style) and Internal (the tag style), External (link to style sheet),
creating and saving cascading style sheets Introduction and familiarization of Font: Font-Family, Style, Size, Variant, Weight; Text and Background properties; Colour properties – Text Indent, Align, Decorating, Spacing, Transform, Text alignment, decoration and transformation, Foreground and Background colour, Image and Repeat Use of margin and margin properties, Concept of padding and Border ; Padding and Border Properties Absolute and Relative Positioning
Unit – IV: Network Security
Concepts: Cyber Law, Cyber Crime, Firewall, Cookies, Hackers and Crackers Open Source Software, Freeware, Shareware, Licensing scheme, Copywriting, GPL(General Public Licence), Licensed Software, Copyright software, refrain from copyright violation and piracy, etc.
Class X CBSE Information and Communication Technology Practical Paper
Duration: 4 hours Marks: 60
- Design of a Practical Question Paper
- Instructions on the basis of syllabus, distribution of marks and conduction of practical examination have been provided.
- The examiner is advised to set the question paper according to the prescribed curriculum and distribution of marks given below:
(A) Hands on Experience (30 Marks)
- GIMP – 15 Marks
- HTML – 15 Marks
(B) IT Application Report File (15 Marks)
Students are supposed to make an IT Application Report File Containing Real life assignments/ presentations using GIMP and Advanced HTML.
- At least 5 Activities related to Advanced GIMP
- At least 10 webpages covering the concepts covered such as Tables, Frames, Forms, DHTML and CSS.
(C) Project Work (10 Marks)
Developing a website on a topic containing all the concepts covered using advanced GIMP and advanced HTML.
(D) Viva Voice (5 Marks)
- Find out and make a list of the types of memory available in the market and their storing capacity. Also find out, about the various utility and application software(s) used, and share this information through social networking sites. Create a document/ spreadsheet/form through Office Web Apps e.g. google docs/sky drive and share it with your friends.
- Create a collage from the pictures of any recent event held in school.
- Design a digital poster for any state of your choice in India depicting their tourist spots and thus promoting tourism.
- Collect and import few pictures or images of important monuments (tourist spots). Add layers and place a picture in each layer. Merge layers and edit layers and use mask to selectively colour the images.
- Create a website for a Computer Hardware firm. The firm deals in various output units and various types of memory. Collect information about various brands of printers, scanners, memory etc. available in market. Show the various product details in tabular form on each web page.
- Create following online forms:
(a) Adhaar Card
(b) Railway Reservation form
- Using HTML design a web site for your school.
- Using HTML design a web site providing information about Open source, free ware, licensed software(s).
- Collect information about Cyber Laws and create a web site.
Note: The activities mentioned above are only suggestive. Teachers should encourage children to innovate. Note: The activities mentioned above are only suggestive. Teachers should encourage children to innovate.
Learning Outcomes :
- Ability to develop basic know-how of one’s computer system.
- Ability to design Online forms using HTML.
- Ability to apply style sheets using CSS.
- Ability to recognize security threats and take preventive measures.
- Ability to use the Internet and its services.
- Ability to efficiently work on Image editing tools.
- Ability to design a website using HTML.
|Download PDF Link for CBSE Class 10 Information and Communication Technology Syllabus 2022||Click Here|
Students need not have to worry about the Exam syllabus. As we have provided about CBSE Class 10 Information and Communication Technology Syllabus 2022 in this article. Once, check it and immediately start the preparation. The curriculum for March 2020 exams is designed by CBSE, New Delhi as per NCERT textbooks for the session 2020-21. Also, keep following us for such Updates, and Don’t forget to share this article with your friends. So, they may also know about CBSE Class Information and Communication Technology Syllabus 2022 and they may also start preparing for the Exams.